Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

The End Of Green's England Career

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]And that seems to be that![/quote]Why?He''s picked up an injury, big deal.Its likely he''ll be moving to a prem club in the summer and once he gets a run of form theres no reason why he shouldn''t get recalled.The negativity of these boards is reaching farcical levels thanks to you and your mates YC.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Can''t see it myself with Carson and Foster coming through.[/quote]

They are two players who will struggle to break through at club level, I think Green will stay in personally.

he has been unlucky with the goalkeepers around him being so good, but i feel he is a bit over rated. However i feel very sorry about what happened tonight and he must be kicking himself as he will now miss the world cup.

As for his england career i have to agree with Pete

our next bet is Joe Lewis i guess

Herb, what a joke you are. You have got to be one of the most negative posters on this forum. You hardly ever have a kind word to say about anyone or anything.

Nevertheless, I''ll answer your "why" question. Green has occupied the third choice spot because, in the past couple of seasons, there has been a shortage of talent emerging. He has not occupied it because of his amazing talent. At this level it is all about taking advantage of ytour opportunity. On his brief two touches he fumbled a relatively easy shot and then incurred the injury while taking a goal kick. He misses out on the world cup, beyond which it is likely there will be many young keepers looking for the opportunity to emerge as the logical backup to the very capable Paul Robinson. A shame for Robert, but a likely outcome.

Portsmouth and Charlton wanted him in January and apparently Wigan last summer. Am gutted for Green but at least now he should still be with us at the start of the season.

I''m gutted for him, it could be his last chance of making a world cup squad. Does anybody know how long he''ll be out for?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Herb, what a joke you are. You have got to be one of the most negative posters on this forum. You hardly ever have a kind word to say about anyone or anything.[/quote]

Thats because lately on these forums theres been precious little to say a kind word about.Like I said, its become a haven for the doom and gloom merchants spouting the same old nonsense day after day, often repeating the same rubbish in multiple posts.Its very sad indeed. Hadn''t you noticed?

This type of injury can be very serious and  take a long time heal. We must not only think of his England career and the implications of a premiership move but also the possible goalkeeping crisis Norwich may now find themselves in if he is out for several months and can''t be sold.We fans must wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

Shame on you all! This is a very sad time................ Robert Green is a Norwich player and was going to the WORLD CUP!

Good luck and a speedy recovery Robert you are a great keeper and have been loyal to the club for many years.

Shame on all of you for the remarks made tonight!

[quote user="Gary Rudland"]

Shame on you all! This is a very sad time................ Robert Green is a Norwich player and was going to the WORLD CUP!

Good luck and a speedy recovery Robert you are a great keeper and have been loyal to the club for many years.

[/quote]

I dont see what was so offensive about my comments

But still u right good luck greeno!

The negativity on these forums shows no sign of abating. City''s goalkeeper, on the verge of going to a World Cup, has his dream ripped away from him, and all his "supporters" can do is say "Well, that''s his England career over." And I guarantee these are the same posters who''ll label him a Judas when he does leave...What is wrong with this club''s supporters? Do you take no pleasure in anything? Do you want Green to suffer because the team didn''t quite make the play-offs?Maybe you should jack it all in, and start following Norwich United, or Wroxham...

[/quote]

Give it a rest !     I don`t think anyone would wish injury on Greeno ,  but he`s never been  good enough  to be representing England  ....  he collected  his injury  via a nervous and fumbling  collection   of a routine  save  !      The big worry now  is what this injury will mean  for the club , his saleability  is now zero  ,  and it could be such a bad injury  that he may be out for several months  ,   this is a double whammy  for the clubs plans to sell him while he`s still got a years contract  ,  not even clubs in the lower divs will take a risk with him ,  and he`ll come back from injury   a changed man  , his confidence will be shot , and its more than likely he`ll be a liability to the club  till his contract ends ...

A harsh verdict ?   afraid so [W]

Spot on Gary! We should feel sympathy for any player who misses out in this way but when it''s one of our own we should feel much worse.

Robert Green has been loyal to the club. He has never moaned or grizzled when those around him have not been performing. He has consistantly been let down by many of his team mates and poor management, especially at Fulham, and would still be looking to be with us if we had a cat in hell''s chance of getting to the Prem and staying there.

....sadly he''s still rubbish at saving penalties, but we can forgive him that for now!

I agree Yankee...in fact those were my first thoughts when he went down. The world cup was his big chance to establish himself as No3...with a new manager after I suspect someone else will now come through.

It''s a shame for Greeno and his England career may be over if Carson plays more.  More worrying for Greeno would be Foster playing for Watford in the Prem next year.  I mentioned in another post yesterday that he looked unfit and overweight at the England training camp, so I''m not suprised he ended up injured.  Anyone else notice he has been looking bigger and bigger as this season went on?

I thought it was unlikely he would leave in the summer but I feel it''s even less likely now he is injured.  Where does this leave Gallagher though?

I feel sorry for Robert Green with this latest injury but he isn''t good enough for England anyway. I''m surprised he was picked in the first place. David James isn''t good enough either.Only Paul Robinson is International quality out of the three keepers.

No mate ............... you give it a rest how would you feel? This guy was on the verge of going to the World Cup and all you can think about is the effect it has on Norwich City Football Club! Robert Green is a very good keeper, has been loyal to Norwich and is by far and away the best player at our club. If anything he will come back stronger and I for one wish him a speedy recovery ........ far from being harsh ............... stupid more like it!

I was really looking forward to the thought that Green might get a game at the WC even though this would have been highly unlikely. Last night was a great shame for him as it was probably his last chance to really cement his place and at least show on the training picth what he is capable of directly to the Englan management team.

However I also agree with those that have said he is not really up there with the best. Sadly I think his form has not been good over the last couple of seasons and he has had a worrying tendency to let in long shots from midfielders- it seems to have been that fumbled attempt to save a long free kick which caused the problem.

Sadly for Greeno he looked a bit nervous and in his other outing last year he looked shaky too. Contrast that with Aaran Lennon who had a splendid debut.

I feel sorry for Greeno, not just because he is one of our own, but last night was embarrassing for him and I do fear that he may struggle to regain his spot in the squad.

No doubts my attempt at a balanced personal opinion will offend some members of the thought police on here.

Anyone who is anyone must recognise the individual torment and sadness for Greeno, but do i give a hoot? Absolutely not.

Green has been a top keeper for us - which he has received a top salary for, but this season ol Greeno got too big for his boots. His shirt throwing antics after west ham said one thing to me - and i dont care what the official line is, it''s horlicks - green thought he was going to pompey, he didnt want to be a canary anymore. Remember the bicep curl he unleashed at the river end, various things aimed at the south stand?? Well Robert, if you dish it out you''ve got to be prepared to take it hey!

The thing is, he''s not good enough for an England shirt, with Carson and Foster (who will be in the Prem spotlight with Watford) Green has his work cut out, but there also has to be a nod in the direction of the new sicknote - Chris Kirkland.

Green was only on the pitch for a couple of minutes before he fumbled Marshall style - not my idea of an england keeper.

The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that we may not sell him now, and without his cash rebuilding will be much much harder.

For those of you who reacted in a critical way as if this thread is about "dumping" on Robert Green, I have to say to you need to grow up instead of reacting like children. I''m absolutely sure we all wanted Green to come on and give and outstanding performance. We all had to feel terribly disappointed for Robert at what occurred. However, that has nothing to do with a practical assessment of a likely consequence of what happened. It''s life folks. Deal with it.

very overated goalkeeper who is prone to fumbles far too much. Milan Manderic of pompey says he was offered green for 2.5m last year and deemed that too much! Dosent say a lot for the fella when a bottom half prem club wont pay 2.5m for englands 3rd choice-but then who else is there to be 3rd choice with kirkland injured? Carson of sheff wed? Foster of watford?

[/quote]

Down the pub last night and people were laughing when Greeno got injuried.  Made me really angry.  Left the pub to be honest. I''m gutted for Robert and proud he plays for us at the moment.  As the England future well, new manager, new ideas but, a move to a Prem club, fitness permitting I think he has a chance, I hope so...

Well said Gary. Im totally gutted for Green, cant even imagine how low he must feel right now.  This guys been amazing for us and has been loyal, not many players stay with clubs for as long as he has these days, especially when that club hasnt had continued success.  Wish you all the best and a speedy recovery Greeno.