ashton the greatest striker we have ever had - Page 2 - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wan hanoi

ashton the greatest striker we have ever had

i think you are all missing the point of the original post. im not saying ashton was the best at carrow road, im saying he will prove to be the best striker we have had on our books.

northern canary; ask your question again in ten years. imo i think sutton was the best all round player to play for norwich,(not many players are as good at defending as they are at attacking and he also had a few decent games in the centre of the park for celtic). i for one would love to see sutton end his playing days at carrow road but i dont think that will happen because it will prove the board were wrong not signing him last year,(if he came and done the business).if sutton did come to norwich he may prove me wrong in my recent slating of earnie, that  partenrship may rip the championship apart. but i do feel that ashton will prove to be the best forward that was on norwich city''s books, people forget he is still a young man with plenty to learn.

Ashton the greatest striker we ever had? In my opinion he isn''t. Of the stikers I have seen play for City since I started going to Carrow Road regularly in 1983; I prefer (in no particular order) Sutton, Roberts, Bellamy, Drinkell, Fleck and Earnie. Ashton was good but I never thought we got the best from him.