Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Question for Worthy Outers

Now I know this is a big if, but if Worthy managed to turn things around next season brought in some quality signings, we played good football, won promotion etc... how many of you would be prepared to give him another chance?

Yes or No will do.

I was gonna post the same thread!! ha!!

Personally i would prob have to swallow my pride and say well done.

But what would worry me is his tactical naivity (spelling) and ability to cut the mustard in the prem.

If he did get us promoted again and god....i hope he does i think it would be dignified of him to

step aside and let someone else take us to the next level as i really dont think he can do that!!

I don''t understand all this "he should leave if we get promoted"

How many managers have quit or been sacked straight after promotion the PL?

For me the IF is not the getting us promoted but IF he can bring on the youth, mix hoof ball with passing, plays to the strengths of the squad, builds a sound balanced squad, nutures quality with the same enthusiasm as he idolises work rate and gets the best out of the squad he once again builds  then I will back him whether we get promoted or miss out on the play offs.  

I stick to the point that its not about results but about the manager doing his job - my belief all along has been the squads we have had for the last two years have been mis-managed to give sub-optimal performance and that with correct management we would have seen the team perform far more creditably with the same squads.. 

Yes, must see a good start to the season absolute bare minimum of all home wins

No way.

If he gets lucky with some good signings (and it would be luck beacause his judgement is awful), lucky with results against weak opposition and lucky whilst trying to hang onto one goal leads against poor teams (sound like a description of 03/04 to you?), he may well be able to do it but the following season will be as bad as our last in the Premiership. 

[quote user="Slim"]

Now I know this is a big if, but if Worthy managed to turn things around next season brought in some quality signings, we played good football, won promotion etc... how many of you would be prepared to give him another chance?

Yes or No will do.

[/quote]

Yes!

[quote user="Slim"]

Yes or No will do.

[/quote]

There''s a lot of  ''ifs'' in there Slim, but going on your set of conditions, then my answer would have to be YES.

Any City fan would say the same, yes?.

However, throwing it back at you, I think what you suggest is quite beyond him.

I personally think it will take alot for him to get the fans back on his side. However if he could completly change his ways then i would back him again. I cant see him changing so its unlickely that i will be backing him again....

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Slim"]

Yes or No will do.

[/quote]

There''s a lot of  ''ifs'' in there Slim, but going on your set of conditions, then my answer would have to be YES.

Any City fan would say the same, yes?.

However, throwing it back at you, I think what you suggest is quite beyond him.

[/quote]

Apparently not Wiz, see a couple of the posts before yours. I do find it a bit wrong that some people semm to have more of a problem with ''Nigel Worthington'' than ''Norwich Manager''.

It takes a lot of guts for WO''s to say they''d change their oppinions if things were to change - You all have my respect!

If he can do an "Alan Pardew" then I''d support him. Alan had a lot of stick some years ago for missing out on an immdeiate return etc. but now he seems to be going great guns.

If  it was a dramatic turn round we would have to look beyond Worthington to the new coach that is going to be installed.Worthless rules the roost so everyone is controlled  by him,nobody will be allowed to outshine the manager.A Leopard does not change his spots.We have more chance without him as all his credibility has gone with the fans.