Sign in to follow this  
GJD

Most fun game watching Norwich?

Greatest game for you watching Norwich?

Ok not looking for the best result, or best score.

Just when you came away from a game home or away feeling so proud about out team, fans or just had the best laugh!

Mine was Barnsley away the 2001. A great game, a great away fan day and I just knew we were going to play-offs. Felt on top of the world.

I could add many more, but that’s up to you chaps/or ladies to do that…

Has to be Crewe away for me. We were already champions so it was just a fun day out for everyone. Fantastic atmosphere, pitch invasion at the end and the ref let Robbo take his penalty again because he missed the first one. Top bloke!

Watford away in the championship season. amazing atmosphere - and didn''t sit down all game.

PIty about the stewards popping our balls though

best game for me must be .....

Away at Arsenal in 1992-93 Mike walker first season.

2-0 down at half time.

Arsenal were crusining and then on came Mark robins.

Final Score 3-2 city with robins chipping Seaman!

Highburys Home crowd went silent! And we all went mental in the away pen. Running up and down the area and jumping with disblief!

(oh, if only it will be like that next season)

Never felt so proud since then, until the euro game at Bayern Munich!

What a season! What a Game.

Cheers All

Leg 2 in the playoff semi against Wolves at Molineux. Back in the days where our players were heroes and were actually likeable. When they scored it became really nerve racking but the fans never stopped singing. At the end the celebrations were brilliant and the Wolves fans were gutted.

Several.Graham Paddons hat trick at Arsenal that sent us on our way to the league cup final .The Milk cup final. Mike Walkers away wins at Arsenal and Leeds.Both Bayern Munich games.Any game that does not involve hoof ball.

i was also at the barnsley away game it was such a good atmosphere just brilliant. But for me would be the last game of the season against stockport where we had to score more goals that burnley did to make the play offs, mcviegh and malky scored to put us in the play offs by one goal! winning the game 2-1 i just remember how i felt when both goals went in, AMASING!

For the fun factor, has to be the local derby at Carrow Road in November 1995 when the ref gave the binners a second penalty about eight minutes from time, in front of the Barclay, which would have made it 2-2.  Then he changed his mind.  He did!  Mr Attention Seeking K. Lynch of Knaresborough, I salute you!

Only a month later comes my least fun game of all time, the 3-2 defeat at Leicester on the day Martin O''Neill walked out. 

Says it all about what it''s like to be a Norwich fan, doesn''t it?  Sometimes I fantasise about supporting a club where nothing, either good or bad, ever happens.  Perhaps I should emigrate to Bristol.

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

best game for me must be .....

Away at Arsenal in 1992-93 Mike walker first season.

2-0 down at half time.

Arsenal were crusining and then on came Mark robins.

Final Score 3-2 city with robins chipping Seaman!

Highburys Home crowd went silent! And we all went mental in the away pen. Running up and down the area and jumping with disblief!

(oh, if only it will be like that next season)

Never felt so proud since then, until the euro game at Bayern Munich!

What a season! What a Game.

Cheers All

[/quote]

you must of nodded off or left early.. that game ended 4-2

jas :)

its the FA cup 1/4 final replay vs Southampton.. that match had EVERYTHING! Injurys, 2 red cards, goal mouth scrambles, Saves Galore!

i was only 10 at the time.. I''ll never forget it though...

Chris Sutton Ran straight up to me after the 2nd goal too :)

jas :)

[quote user="huck tastic"]wolves away in the play off second leg...fantastic tense atmosphere..tremendous celebrations at the end[/quote]

Are you kidding?! I was bricking it the entire way through that game!

For me either Barnsley away in the play off year, or Crewe away in the championship year. Probably Crewe away for the pitch invasion.

has to be 1993 away at old trafford,2-2.we matched them ball for ball.the sunday times the next day called us the new liverpool.

mine must be when we beat man u 2-0 i was watching it round my mates house and he had a few more mates over aswell and they were all man u fans i never knew they could be so quiet and ive never heard my mates mum shout so load lol!!!

recent times got to be wolves in the play offs.

although 8-0 versus sutton was fun, or 1/4 final fa cup (i think) verus southampton replay i think it was 3-2 to city.

second leg of the milk cup at home to ipswich. Steve Bruce''s header to win the game. Superb

Agree that for sheer fun, the Ipswich Milk Cup game was a corker - especially chucking the free pots of yoghurts at Eric Gates when he came down to take corners at the River End.....(allegedly).

cant split ist leg at home to wolves when we was 1-0 down and wolves fans were taunting us only for us to come back and win 3-1 .the second leg was a real nailbighter terrific atmosphere big traffic james on way home roads were smothered with city fans celebrating.

The first game that I ever saw Norwich City play live at Carrow Road.

2-1 v Leicester in the 1994/95 campaign. 1-0 down, Big John Newsome equalises, then with minutes left on the clock Daryl Sutch spanks in a goal from the right side of the box!!

Legendary!! Never had a Norwich buzz like it...although Iwan''s goal in the play-off final came close!!

recently mine would have to be beating preston at home 3-2 or maybe beating wallsall 5-0. Was a 90 minute long carnival on both occasions.
then again beating birmingham 1-0 at home, everyone thought we were going to stay up.

1. Norwich v Southampton FA CUP Quarters;

Shearer getting sent off right in front of where we were sitting, Suttons'' fluke header winning it.

2. 90''s Cup Game (?) V West Ham; Fleck scored penalty in last minute of the game to win, I won golden goal as a result.

3. v Vitesse Arnhem Efan scores our first ever goal in Europe, where was everyone?

Second leg of Bayern game was a bit special too - came up from London on the train, got totally bladdered before meeting up with my old man who then took me over to the Nelson for a couple more pints and a bite to eat - even he was getting giddy about the game and he was a season ticket holder in the Thorpe wing!     I don''t think I''ve ever heard it noisier at Carrow Rd than that night...

Going rather a long way back, the 2-1 win over Palace in 1973 with

37000 shoehorned into Carra Rud and Dave Stringer popping up with the

winner 30 seconds from the end to keep us up in the old 1st div and

send the crowd into total delirium. Winning the 2nd div title the

previous season at Watford when several thousand Norwich fans ran from

the open terrace at one end of the pitch in the pouring rain to the

covered Watford end before the game was also a bit special.

There are a lot really - M''boro last year/ Manure at home same season recently, and loads from the past (league cup final against Villa, tho we lost)  but I really think it is hard to beat the feeling and atmosphere of the play-off final - until the penalties obviously.