Sign in to follow this  
ncfc0405

Malky swipe at Worthy?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4762527.stm

"When you''ve got a manager who''s taking an interest in you, rather than looking out for himself, it makes a big difference.

"Team spirit''s not something you can just click your fingers and get, it''s something that''s got to be built. We''ve got a great togetherness and spirit here and Aidy''s responsible."

Mackay says Watford are a club on the up. "I''m delighted I''m here - the board, management staff and players are all pushing in the one direction, which isn''t the case at every club," he says.

I ''m sorry but i read nonthing in there that suggests he is having a swipe at worthy ,how do you know he was not having a swipe at pardew who also quickly dumped him leaving malky out to dry.

If your mind is open, I''ll tell you how you know barclayendboy. People are basically generous when given the opportunity and, if Malky felt positive about the situation he left at Norwich, he would have added a few words to say that he and Boothroyd are fortunate to be in this position and learned a lot from Nigel Worthington going through a similar experience with Norwich. The fact that he did not speaks volumes. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

If your mind is open, I''ll tell you how you know barclayendboy. People are basically generous when given the opportunity and, if Malky felt positive about the situation he left at Norwich, he would have added a few words to say that he and Boothroyd are fortunate to be in this position and learned a lot from Nigel Worthington going through a similar experience with Norwich. The fact that he did not speaks volumes. 

[/quote]

I like your thinking.............The fact that someone doesn''t say something must mean they are saying something else. Wierd!

Barclayendboy''s mind is open, that''s why he''s not jumping to a conclusion. He is, how we call it ''keeping an open mind''

You on the other hand, are jumping to a conclusion based on something somebody didn''t say.

In NCFC''s defence Barclay, he is only asking the question "do you think there is something behind this?" The answer is ''who knows?'' There might be, there might not be. We''ll never know.

if Malky felt positive about the

situation he left at Norwich, he would have added a few words to say

that he and Boothroyd are fortunate to be in this position and learned

a lot from Nigel Worthington going through a similar

experience with Norwich. The fact that he did not speaks

volumes. 

[/quote]

Rubbish. Malky from what I remember was disappointed to have left

Norwich, and didn''t criticise anyone unlike Charlton and Jarrett. Is he

expected to comment on every club/manager he''s ever played for? I want

Worthy out, but this witchhunt is ridiculous. Let''s see whether Malky

stays at Watford if they''re promoted or plays in the premier league.

Martyr Malky wasn''t good enough when we were promoted, let alone now.

He was good for us, but that time is past, I wouldn''t want him back,

move on for christ sakes.

Yankee - On this thread your saying someone isnt open minded. On another thread I just read your saying they are foolish. The last time I posted you said myself and another poster were nieve.

Just a quick word of advice, just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt mean they are wrong.

the article on aidy compared him to Mourinho - praise indeed "

Like Mourinho, he devoted himself to becoming a top manager at a young

age, watching training at clubs throughout Europe and tapping into the

knowledge of top coaches. 
Boothroyd''s management style is also similar to

Mourinho''s. He is a superb motivator, tactically decisive and at the

cutting edge of sports science and technology.  A
nd he is certainly not short of confidence, saying he

"was born to be a manager", and drawing up a "seven-point plan"

culminating in international management before he had even become a

boss."How much did he learn from worthy?  does aidy ever mention worthy or city?aidy''s quotes " 

IN HIS OWN WORDS ...

People said I was too young to be a manager, but I was born ready

I told the board I was looking for promotion - one or two of them fell off their chairs

My plan is to manage in the Premiership, then Europe and then international level

I want hungry people interested in being part of something bigger than themselves... people who want to live the dream

I like being under pressure... I''ve thrived on the chaos here

looks like adiy can talk the talk and walk the walk, but only watford were desparate enough to give him the chance the prove it.  How did we let a talent like him slip through our fingers?  Not compatible with ''little norwich?'' Too ambitious?

I read this as a swipe at Pardew if anything.

If you consider the last 3 months of last season when the fickle Hammers fans were telling all and sundry that Pardew should be sacked , I would have thought he would have been the manager looking out for himself.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]the article on aidy compared him to Mourinho - praise indeed " Like Mourinho, he devoted himself to becoming a top manager at a young age, watching training at clubs throughout Europe and tapping into the knowledge of top coaches.  Boothroyd''s management style is also similar to Mourinho''s. He is a superb motivator, tactically decisive and at the cutting edge of sports science and technology.  And he is certainly not short of confidence, saying he "was born to be a manager", and drawing up a "seven-point plan" culminating in international management before he had even become a boss."

How much did he learn from worthy?  does aidy ever mention worthy or city?

aidy''s quotes " 

IN HIS OWN WORDS ...

I told the board I was looking for promotion - one or two of them fell off their chairs

My plan is to manage in the Premiership, then Europe and then international level

I want hungry people interested in being part of something bigger than themselves... people who want to live the dream

looks like adiy can talk the talk and walk the walk, but only watford were desparate enough to give him the chance the prove it.  How did we let a talent like him slip through our fingers?  Not compatible with ''little norwich?'' Too ambitious?

[/quote]

Didn''t he have a short spell as youth coach at West Brom before he went to Leeds?  Neither of them could keep him, and nor will Watford if they lose the playoff final - or, quite possibly, even if they win.  Charlton beckons . . .  Seems like rather a lot of moves in a short space of time.

Too ambitious?  Yes, probably.  He is certainly a young man in a hurry. 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]looks like adiy can talk the talk and walk the walk, but only watford were desparate enough to give him the chance the prove it.  How did we let a talent like him slip through our fingers?  Not compatible with ''little norwich?'' Too ambitious?

[/quote]

I dont think we did let a talent like that slip through our fingers. He wanted a position with more responsibility and at the time we couldnt give it to him. It was what? Three or four seasons ago?We were getting promoted or on the way to it and at that point in time there was no need to question the ability of the coaching staff. As for the situation now I am sure he would have been promoted to the now free post left by Foley.But as you mentioned he has a seven point plan and I bet you those points have timescales. He is not a manager who gets by on their reputation as a player like Hoddle, Keegan, Souness, Bryan Robson etc.Watford was ideal for him because someone had to take a risk on an untested manager and I bet you he is as "cheap as chips". I am pretty sure that Malky will play for them should they get promoted because they have even less money than we did when we were promoted. So he will form part of the squad at the very least, but we shall see if he has got what it takes to be a good enough defender to cut it there.I don''t think either of them have any regrets - Aidy knew he had to move on to get up the ladder and he did so. Malky is bound to be gutted about moving away from Norfolk where he was bound to be settled and like any player, should rightly believe he can do a job in the top level. No manager would want a player that didn''t believe that they could perform at that level when you are so close to it and when the said player has played in the Scottish Prem.That said all footballers know that people are moved on for different reasons. Jarrett was moved on because he was unable to force his way into the starting linup on a regular basis and didnt show a lot when he did play not that he was greatly worse than the other offerings at the time.As for the open mindset - this has to be done in the realms of reality otherwise you are infact reading into things that simply dont exist which so far as I understand comes close to paranoia. Charlton and Jarrett are pretty much the only players other than perhaps Rivers that I can remember really going with, how shall I say it?, banging of the door.

My goodness, you KTF''s are edgy. ( I know some will say you''re not to which I say "Balderdash" )

Trent Canary - read what I wrote before you accuse. I did not say barclayendboy was not open-minded....he asked a question and I responded to it with the pre-face "if you are open-minded", giving my opinion on the question implied in the title of the thread. A little different from the accusatory stance you adopt. Also, just to help your thought process, it is entirely plausible for people to be naive without regard to whether they are right or wrong about an issue. In the example I directed to you on another thread, in my view your thoughts came across as naive.

Spat - ( an appropriate name for you I suspect ): Time to employ the little grey cells before you fire your cannons Spat. What''s rubbish is all of your rhetoric regarding Malky''s ability when we were promoted and whether we should have kept him. That has been debated many times but has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on this thread. My comments were simply directed to the background and experience that Mackay and Boothroyd had at Norwich when we had the play-off experience, and the fact that he chose not to speak to that experience speaks volumes ( for me ).

Yellow Rages - are you familiar with "meta talk?" People do it all the time....you, me and everyone else. People often do not say everything that is on their minds, otherwise there would be pandemonium. One of the roles this  forum provides, on the other hand, is to allow us to express/interpret/conject what occurs or what is said by those ( past and present ) who have represented NCFC.. That''s what makes it interesting. Your approach, quote, " The answer is ''who knows?'' There might be, there might not be. We''ll never know", is hardly likely to encourage posters to return to this message board with any great frequency.

Worthless has stolen the word "hungry" from Aidy,it is now one of his favourites when looking to sign a player.The question should be ,what did Worthless learn from Aidy ?Norwich is in chaos ,Worthless is under no pressure ,did not manage to manage in the premiership and he is living in a dream.Not a thing.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]the article on aidy compared him to Mourinho - praise indeed " Like Mourinho, he devoted himself to becoming a top manager at a young age, watching training at clubs throughout Europe and tapping into the knowledge of top coaches.  Boothroyd''s management style is also similar to Mourinho''s. He is a superb motivator, tactically decisive and at the cutting edge of sports science and technology.  And he is certainly not short of confidence, saying he "was born to be a manager", and drawing up a "seven-point plan" culminating in international management before he had even become a boss."

aidy''s quotes " 

IN HIS OWN WORDS ...

[/quote]

Heres some more of Aidy''s quotes,

"I have great memories of the play-offs from my time at Norwich, even though we were unsuccessful," said Boothroyd. "Delia and Nigel created a terrific atmosphere, and it was a brilliant environment to be part of.

"Nigel created a work ethic and turned the club around in many ways, while Delia made sure that everyone was involved. The stewards and the people who worked in the offices all played a massive part during that time, and that is the sort of environment I want to create at this club. Everyone is in it together, and hopefully we will all be celebrating after the play-off final."

So the answers to your questions (How much did he learn from worthy?  does aidy ever mention worthy or city?) are something & YES!

Yellow Rages - are you familiar with "meta talk?" People do it all the time....you, me and everyone else. People often do not say everything that is on their minds, otherwise there would be pandemonium. One of the roles this  forum provides, on the other hand, is to allow us to express/interpret/conject what occurs or what is said by those ( past and present ) who have represented NCFC.. That''s what makes it interesting. Your approach, quote, " The answer is ''who knows?'' There might be, there might not be. We''ll never know", is hardly likely to encourage posters to return to this message board with any great frequency.

[/quote]

If you don''t intend to give the full story of what''s on your mind then you can''t complain when what you do say is questioned.

I doubt pademonium would follow, just understanding. There are many threads on this board where comprehensive posts lead to a sensible debate.

It would make it interesting if you did express/interpret or conject what occurs or what is said. Unfortunately for you, nothing was said and that''s why were all scratching our heads.

You need to understand that quite a few posters skip these pie in the sky responses because they have no foundation. That doesn''t really put you in a position to be the professor of stimulating debate does it? If my approach of taking the article for what it really is bores you, well big shame pal, because I''m not going to go to fantasy land with you on this one. I doesn''t seem like anyone else is either. Enjoy your holiday.

Interesting thread.I deliberately didn''t answer my own question, but for the record I don''t think it is a swipe at Worthy.The final quote above does seem like a swipe at someone, and his use of the word togetherness (which I thought we''d trademarked) is interesting but I don''t think these are conclusive.And frankly Malky has had plenty of opportunities to swipe at Worthy or anyone else since he left but hasn''t chosen to (quite the opposite in fact).The fact we are having this debate is quite interesting though; we still imagine Boothroyd and Malky see themselves primarily as ex-Canaries, when both have moved on and probably don''t think too much about their time here anymore...

I''m afraid you''re wrong Yellow Rages....SOMETHING was said. Nothing means nothing. I take it from your rather convoluted response that you don''t know what "meta talk" is?

Well it ios common Knowledge that Malky was extremely disappointed at being sold to West Ham.  I don''t think I remember him mentioning Worthington since, and he certainly isnt the type to make direct remarks at previous managers or players. 

Shoved outta the club and replaced by a short-arse.... And to make the point the player brought in initially to replace him isnt here now either...

My goodness, you KTF''s are edgy. ( I know some will say you''re not to which I say "Balderdash" )

Trent Canary - read what I wrote before you accuse. I did not say barclayendboy was not open-minded....he asked a question and I responded to it with the pre-face "if you are open-minded", giving my opinion on the question implied in the title of the thread. A little different from the accusatory stance you adopt. Also, just to help your thought process, it is entirely plausible for people to be naive without regard to whether they are right or wrong about an issue. In the example I directed to you on another thread, in my view your thoughts came across as naive.

Spat - ( an appropriate name for you I suspect ): Time to employ the little grey cells before you fire your cannons Spat. What''s rubbish is all of your rhetoric regarding Malky''s ability when we were promoted and whether we should have kept him. That has been debated many times but has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on this thread. My comments were simply directed to the background and experience that Mackay and Boothroyd had at Norwich when we had the play-off experience, and the fact that he chose not to speak to that experience speaks volumes ( for me ).

[/quote]I''m sure those people in question will be incredibly chuffed with your detailed, arrogant (and misinformed) analysis of their opinions. You imply that Malky is having a swipe at Worthington, when someone says they don''t agree, you attempt to condescend and patronise them into submission.Yes, these formus are for expression and interpretation, but I believe other people should be able to express and interpret things in a different way to you without being patronised or insulted.

Since big Mal doesn''t explicitly talk about ''Worthy'' in his quote then it''s really down to guess work if he was talking about who he was refering to.

The clairvoyants amongst us might know the answer, but unless Malky names Worthy then the rest is just conjecture on our part which is fine and makes message boards work.

Do I think Malky was talking about Worthy and Pardew, then I probably do. Since being given the boot will never endear you to that person.

Do I think Worthy was right to get rid of Malky for the money offered, then again I think Worthy made the right decision at the time for purely footballing reasons I am sure. I was having nightmares of Malky playing against quick thinking attackers week in week out.

The gaffers biggest mistake from that episode to me was not to get a young, quick fleeted central midfielder to replace Malky which West Ham did straight away and a striker like Ashton at the start of the season. Then things may have been different, then again he may have tried to get those type of players and they would just not come to Norwich at the time?

Football love it....

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I''m afraid you''re wrong Yellow Rages....SOMETHING was said. Nothing means nothing. I take it from your rather convoluted response that you don''t know what "meta talk" is?[/quote]I always thought Metatalk was a programming language, otherwise you''ve lost me (and apparently everyone else). Still, if you are going to make up meanings for words then that''s hardly surprising... [;)]

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]the article on aidy compared him to Mourinho - praise indeed " Like Mourinho, he devoted himself to becoming a top manager at a young age, watching training at clubs throughout Europe and tapping into the knowledge of top coaches.  Boothroyd''s management style is also similar to Mourinho''s. He is a superb motivator, tactically decisive and at the cutting edge of sports science and technology.  And he is certainly not short of confidence, saying he "was born to be a manager", and drawing up a "seven-point plan" culminating in international management before he had even become a boss."How much did he learn from worthy?  does aidy ever mention worthy or city?aidy''s quotes " 

IN HIS OWN WORDS ...

[/quote]

"I have great memories of the play-offs from my time at Norwich, even though we were unsuccessful," said Boothroyd. "Delia and Nigel created a terrific atmosphere, and it was a brilliant environment to be part of."Nigel created a work ethic and turned the club around in many ways, while Delia made sure that everyone was involved. The stewards and the people who worked in the offices all played a massive part during that time, and that is the sort of environment I want to create at this club. Everyone is in it together, and hopefully we will all be celebrating after the play-off final."

So the answers to your questions (How much did he learn from worthy?  does aidy ever mention worthy or city?) are something & YES!

[/quote]fair enough squit.

LGT''S report on an Aidy and his statement, if the report is factual.  Will bring a smile to an old KTF like me.  I have always liked Aidy, his spontaneity, his obvious drive to produce an article that he would feel proud to be associated with.  He had infectious enthusiasm, and this alone endeared him to me.  This gift ,and it is a great gift.

The future events, IMHO, I feel will prove, that he was allowed to go, showed a lack of foresight on the part of the board.  I had been involved in business for over fifty years before forced retirement.  I would have given anything to have such talent in my employ.

I am sorry that many W O''s will feel a little wounded to hear these remarks by Aidy about the board and Worthy.  Among other things they demonstrate a generosity of spirit and mind, that, even while being disappointed in the outcome of his negotiations with the hierarchy at NCFC, he was still able to be generous in parting company; you see he saw it as a positive,and it appears, it was!!! This alone speaks volumes about the young man.

I am not someone who has not made mistakes in a long career,  the more that are made and are learnt from, generally make one better and more professional at their calling/trade whatever.  Worthy has made many such mistakes, the list is well full and they are in all departments of his so called managerial career in football. Worthy at that time was still able to see what a talent Aidy had, this was at NCFC''s disposal and he had reciprocal praise for the lad, he also criticised the board at the time for what he considered was a big mistake. He recognised that here was a young man that would be after his job in the near future.   In this situation, with these events, Worthy could not be accused of having a looking out for himself attitude, as has been intimated on these boards lately.

In closing,  I can only say that if Worthy, with the boards backing, still makes similar errors this coming season, then it means that the learning curve has come and gone at great cost to NCFC.  Then I will expect a collective goodbye from those who have unwittingly started the demise of our great club.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]the article on aidy compared him to Mourinho - praise indeed " Like Mourinho, he devoted himself to becoming a top manager at a young age, watching training at clubs throughout Europe and tapping into the knowledge of top coaches.  Boothroyd''s management style is also similar to Mourinho''s. He is a superb motivator, tactically decisive and at the cutting edge of sports science and technology.  And he is certainly not short of confidence, saying he "was born to be a manager", and drawing up a "seven-point plan" culminating in international management before he had even become a boss."

aidy''s quotes " 

IN HIS OWN WORDS ...

[/quote]

"I have great memories of the play-offs from my time at Norwich, even though we were unsuccessful," said Boothroyd. "Delia and Nigel created a terrific atmosphere, and it was a brilliant environment to be part of.

"Nigel created a work ethic and turned the club around in many ways, while Delia made sure that everyone was involved. The stewards and the people who worked in the offices all played a massive part during that time, and that is the sort of environment I want to create at this club. Everyone is in it together, and hopefully we will all be celebrating after the play-off final."

[/quote]

Hughes has a great work ethic, as do many players who hoof with little skill in the lower divisions.

Notice all he said was "work ethic", nothing about learning coaching or technical skills.

The "hard work" label is often used when you can`t find anything nice to say.

Its like the school report on the kid who comes last. "He tries hard"

Lately the KTF brigade is really scrapping the bottom of the barrell looking for the slightest crumb of comfort.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I''m afraid you''re wrong Yellow Rages....SOMETHING was said. Nothing means nothing. I take it from your rather convoluted response that you don''t know what "meta talk" is?[/quote]I am becoming quite worried - you seriously think there is that much in a supposed silence? Normally things are hinted at but you can hardly suggest that there is a clear hint at anything to do with Worthington. And to be honest maybe it is the most settled he has ever felt in a team but then their squad is not very deap in that department and he doesnt have much competition.Every player will have their favourite club when they are reaching the latter days of the career or once it is finnished. To be honest with you just look at how many ex-city players have a soft spot for the club even though its not their hometown club. Neil Adams, Fleck, Crook, Goss, Gunn, Iwan the list goes on and on.If you want to read into anything I would advise that it should not be something that is not even skirted - the negative space left by comments can sometimes form a shape but unfortunately in this case it seems quite straightforward to me. So far as I understand Malky still has a soft spot for Norwich and that comes as no surprise.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

I''m sure those people in question will be incredibly chuffed with your detailed, arrogant (and misinformed) analysis of their opinions. You imply that Malky is having a swipe at Worthington, when someone says they don''t agree, you attempt to condescend and patronise them into submission.

Yes, these formus are for expression and interpretation, but I believe other people should be able to express and interpret things in a different way to you without being patronised or insulted.
[/quote]

Oh he won''t like that I shurmer, he''ll prbably now tell you that you are stupid. What he doesn''t seem to get is that with Malky not mentioning Worthy, it doesn''t mean he was talking about him. You would have thought that with all of these people trying to drum it home, he would get it by now.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Well it ios common Knowledge that Malky was extremely disappointed at being sold to West Ham.  I don''t think I remember him mentioning Worthington since, and he certainly isnt the type to make direct remarks at previous managers or players. 

Shoved outta the club and replaced by a short-arse.... And to make the point the player brought in initially to replace him isnt here now either...

[/quote]I have to say that you are picking one of two players here to compare him to. He was allowed to leave this club (and by the way he could have refused to go) and wasnt replaced by A (singular) short-arse. Both Doherty and Charlton were brought in and both had more quality footballing wise than he did.Now you can say that Charlton was brought in to replace him, but if you are not going to mention that Doherty was also brought in for height and passing ability then you may as well not mention Charlton.He was dissappointed as I have said before but who wouldnt be? And yes I feel for the guy because he would have been a handy squad member. But then he wasnt happy at being one of those at West Ham and at the age he was at I am sure he would not have liked to have sat on the bench for games on end. And I think that was what was put to him which is why he also decided to go.That is football and yes we have missed his character more than anything else, but where was his character in the Matt Jackson days? The point is there are people in that dressingroom who have character. One that has been suggested all season now by players and management is Hughes - the one that you guys love to hate. So yeah sure by all means say we miss a 34/35 year old Malky on his last season or so. But maybe you should acknowledge the latest squad of players and their qualities.

Well its Worthy or Pardew isnt it............  I doubt his comments go back to his days at Celtic or Queen''s Park.  Considering Alan Pardew even in his Premiership season paid respect to Malky''s influence on the club in the promotion campaign and was always talking about big characters in the dressing room such as him.  Worthy has never really mentioned him since, and dumped him without a thought I know who my money is on.....

[quote user="chicken"]

I have to say that you are picking one of two players here to compare him to. He was allowed to leave this club (and by the way he could have refused to go) and wasnt replaced by A (singular) short-arse. Both Doherty and Charlton were brought in and both had more quality footballing wise than he did.

Now you can say that Charlton was brought in to replace him, but if you are not going to mention that Doherty was also brought in for height and passing ability then you may as well not mention Charlton.

That is football and yes we have missed his character more than anything else, but where was his character in the Matt Jackson days? The point is there are people in that dressingroom who have character. One that has been suggested all season now by players and management is Hughes - the one that you guys love to hate. So yeah sure by all means say we miss a 34/35 year old Malky on his last season or so. But maybe you should acknowledge the latest squad of players and their qualities.

[/quote]

Refuse to go???  I think Worthy probably told him to leave, I can imagine the conversation that the clown had with malky when telling him he was going to be sold.  A crushing blow I would think.  LOYALTY HAS BEEN SHOWN TO THE CLOWN UNYET HE SHOWS NONE

Andy Hughes is CRAP. He is an awful footballer, can you imagine having that muppet telling you what to do....Its no wonder Deano wanted to leave seing such an incompetant being made Captain (Clapper).   Gary Doherty was signed as a forward player initially and yes to replace Malky, but he was overweight and our WORST defender by some stretch last season, his incompetance was astounding in the premiership.

And did you just write Doherty was brought in for Height and ''Passing Ability''.  You are having a laugh I think Chicken.......