Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

SKY Sports Euro Qualifiers 2008 ADVERT

Hi All

Just turned on Sky TV to see the latest advert for the Euro 2008 Qualifying Games being shown on Sky Sports.

The advert starts which Beckahm and shows Giggs, Other Players and in there is our little EARNY!

The advert made me think ...

Nearly every other player shown in the adverts is Prem league, yet we have Earny. Doesn''t that just tell you how lucky we are to have a quality Forward of his rating. If only we could play the ball to his feet rather than his head he would score 25+ goals for us.

I can''t remember many NORWICH players (forwards) scoring that for a long time.

I also think that if Earny is treated rightly and loved by the fans (like hucks) he too may become a city legend, like Ruel Fox, Sutton, Gunn, Bruce, Townsend, Woods, Goss, Flash Gordon, Flecky, Neil Adams, Stringer, The Cat, ETC ETC .....

He may also find East Anglia a great place to live (compared to Brum/London/Liverpool etc) and like Hucks decide to be a big fish in a small pond, rather than lost at a larger club in the reserves.

ITS about time we all respect the man and this next season ... (subject to feet passing) Earny may well be the Champs Top Goalscorer!

Cheers All

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

ITS about time we all respect the man and this next season ... (subject to feet passing) Earny may well be the Champs Top Goalscorer!

[/quote]

He certainly ought to be there or thereabouts.

big fish in a small pond rather than a getting lost at a bigger club ?

No offence mate but Cardiff and West brom are not bigger clubs than us

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Hi All

Just turned on Sky TV to see the latest advert for the Euro 2008 Qualifying Games being shown on Sky Sports.

The advert starts which Beckahm and shows Giggs, Other Players and in there is our little EARNY!

The advert made me think ...

Nearly every other player shown in the adverts is Prem league, yet we have Earny. Doesn''t that just tell you how lucky we are to have a quality Forward of his rating. If only we could play the ball to his feet rather than his head he would score 25+ goals for us.

I can''t remember many NORWICH players (forwards) scoring that for a long time.

I also think that if Earny is treated rightly and loved by the fans (like hucks) he too may become a city legend, like Ruel Fox, Sutton, Gunn, Bruce, Townsend, Woods, Goss, Flash Gordon, Flecky, Neil Adams, Stringer, The Cat, ETC ETC .....

He may also find East Anglia a great place to live (compared to Brum/London/Liverpool etc) and like Hucks decide to be a big fish in a small pond, rather than lost at a larger club in the reserves.

Cheers All

[/quote]

Andy Townsend spent 2 years at Carrow road, left for financial gain, then spent his chelsea Days making WAn**r signs to the Barclay every time he came back.. Real "hero" material

jas :)

He is a natural goalscorer - may wander round aimlessly now and again, bound to go through the odd bad patch and may even get a bit stroppy with the management or his teammates but his type will always score, he is in the Michael Owen vein and I think we are very lucky to have him. We need to ensure he gets the right service, if we keep him happy and he gets to play for his country I think both he and us will enjoy his time here.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Misery Guts"]

No offence mate but Cardiff and West brom are not bigger clubs than us

[/quote]

Sorry but West Brom are no minnows.

What I meant was that if he performs well, and other big clubs in the Prem come in for him in the future, if he is settled at
Norwich and a crowd favourite, perhaps he may not move. (Hucks is happy at Norwich, Earny may be the same
if we take to him and treat him right.)

In the end, he''s being shown as an advert for Wales in the Euro Qualifiers on Sky Sports. Hes a Norwich player. Not Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, Real Madrid etc. This must be good for Norwich City Fc. When was the last time a Norwich player was shown on a ADVERT promoting his home country. We don''t have Beckham I''m afraid.

Cheers

I agree - and his recent interview in the local press was interesting not for his swipe at Robson (rather predictable, they all seem to do it now), but for his comments (twice) about "the new players coming in" at Carrow Road.  Don''t know what he''s been told, but he sounded very positive. 

Another thing to add to that is, and I could be wrong, but there looks to be a clip of Norwich supporters on a bit of video on the Fifa 2006 game!