Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Nobody does their business now.......

WHAT A ******** DISGRACE, LEARN OUR LESSONS WHAT A LOAD OF BULL!!!!

We waited around last year and many of the best buys are gone, and we are going to do it again this year!!

I saw Chris Coleman interviewed on TV the other day he said: "We wanted to get him in now (Bullard) because we new a few other clubs were sniffing around him!" or something along those lines anyway....

Bullard to make £2.5m Fulham move

Duo complete move to Loftus Road
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/4973590.stm

Burnley land Crewe striker Jones

Charlton defender joins Millwall

Yes Citz the early bird catches the worm but not the late Canary!Watford have taken  young Danny Wright a 30 plus goal scorer from the Ridgeons league, a local lad playing at Dereham apparently .Where were the Norwich scouts,darkest Borneo?

It is certain that again, we are going to watch Halford, Koumas, Danns, Cook etc etc all get signed up by clubs no better than ours while we are not even making an attempt to sign anyone.

I posted on the subject of our football maestro''s extreme slowness to get involved in the transfer market a couple of weeks ago. I was prompted to write on this topic by an article in one of the newspapers, where they quoted Jose Mourinho as saying he hoped to have all his transfer business finished before the World Cup kicked off. Contrast the urgency of Mourinho with our clown who was quoted as saying, everyone should relax and enjoy the World Cup and he would start thinking about transfer targets when the tournament had finished. What a genius we have in our midst. Aren''t we lucky?

Even if nobody does their business now why does that mean we have to follow suit??? What is the harm of getting in early? Prices will be much higher nearer the end of the window as teams scramble to make signings. Anyway by then most of the bargains will be snapped up. Of course their is more business nearer the beginning of the season but I think most of the shrewd buys will be done early. We don''t want another season of panic buying!

So out of the 92 football league clubs only a very very small number have signed anyone as of yet. But any old excuse I guess?...

[quote user="Billy Bovine"]I posted on the subject of our football maestro''s extreme slowness to get involved in the transfer market a couple of weeks ago. I was prompted to write on this topic by an article in one of the newspapers, where they quoted Jose Mourinho as saying he hoped to have all his transfer business finished before the World Cup kicked off. Contrast the urgency of Mourinho with our clown who was quoted as saying, everyone should relax and enjoy the World Cup and he would start thinking about transfer targets when the tournament had finished. What a genius we have in our midst. Aren''t we lucky?[/quote] Please consider the possibility that it''s the board who have been slow off the mark in the past. 

It was not NW who said "nobody does business now", but ND.  He did not seem to have woken up to the fact that the transfer window has changed all that.  To date there is precious little sign that the board have learned that particular lesson.   I hope I''m wrong.  I may write to them and ask for clarification. 

The Worthy/NCFC ethos - behind the ''unwillingness'' to pursue or purchase quality or decent players during the close season. Is probably due to the thrifty mindset that is: "If we buy them during the close season.......we have to pay them for doing nothing till the season starts!

Don''t shake your heads in comical disbelief! It''s actually true!

We are like the 2 kids picking the sides in the playground, if you don''t get in there first - you end up with the dregs who possess two left feet & can''t kick a beach ball - or, those who would rather be sat in the classroom reading or playing interesting board games.....Apparently, a few of our players enjoy a good novel and the occasional strategic game of chess......[8-|] ;~)

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

So out of the 92 football league clubs only a very very small number have signed anyone as of yet. But any old excuse I guess?...

[/quote]

last season many of the good players had been signed before Worthy and Doncaster started looking... FACT

They have prattled on again about waiting till after the World Cup before looking to sign players... FACT

Here is whom Sheffield United picked up before even July.

Lilian NalisLeicesterFree17-05-2005
Paul IfillMillwall£ 80000020-05-2005
Danny WebberWatford£ 50000001-06-2005

How we could have done with a Paul Ifill.  Nice to see Malky Mackay marshalling Andy Johnson today.......