Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

Boothroyds comments

I cannot help thinking that Boothroyds comments in the EDP seem like a veiled ''come and get me'' . He might change his mind if Watford go up, but I a sure he knows they would not stay there, and despite a poor season, the support, resources and long term prospects are still superior at NCFC. Cant help thinking the seeds of todays problems were sown at his departure.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED05%20May%202006%2018%3A28%3A06%3A447

I don''t know about that ManC (though I truly wish it was), but it''s obvious that he enjoyed his time here, and respects what Delia and Worthy have done. And who knows better about what actually goes on at the Club - Boothroyd, or this forum''s resident arse-aches such as CJF or that Wizard chap?

[quote user="fleggy"]-or Old Boy![/quote]

Ah - but I don''t pretend to, I don''t start or spread rumours, and I try to keep a balanced perspective on things. Which doesn''t mean that I''m happy with everything that''s going on at the Club, but it does mean that I''m not unhappy with everything: there''s a difference.

[quote user="Old Boy"]I don''t know about that ManC (though I truly wish it was), but it''s obvious that he enjoyed his time here, and respects what Delia and Worthy have done. And who knows better about what actually goes on at the Club - Boothroyd, or this forum''s resident arse-aches such as CJF or that Wizard chap?[/quote]

I agree, and some of what he has said rings of Worthy''s management style.  However he seems to have taken it all to another level Worthy can''t even dream of.  He also seems to be able to spot a player and put out a balanced side....

It was more like bullseye, look what you could have won ! Now lets look what you have got .Worthington. The damage is done,it will be an uphill task to get any credible coach to work with  N W.as he is a stab you in the back merchant.I feel we could attract most credible coaches but not with him anywhere near the club.

[quote user="avenging canary"]Danny Crow anyone?[/quote] Certainly not while Worthy is still here - he wouldn''t let a player leave for free and then pay money to resign him - that would be admitting he was wrong. Anyway Crow has made a big impact playing in League two but that''s very different from playing in the Champ and maybe the prem. Crowe''s gone and in my opinion we need to accept that and move on. He''s made a career elsewhere and good luck to him!