Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

Green and England Squad

Happy for Green...good experience and will put his price up. But (and nothing against him personally) if he is 3rd best English keeper (behind Calamity James) then I think English supporters should hope Robinson does not get injured...

And Hargreaves & Jenas?...no way!

Admire Sven for taking a chance on Lennon and Walcott though...nothing beats pace on the flanks, a fit Owen will feed well off them! But will he play them?...I doubt it. I suspect all the above will just make up the numbers.

Yep, as the BBC says about Green. "takes his place in the squad arguably due to a lack of alternatives" Harsh but fair.

I dont see how we could take only four strikers, with two being crippled, a kid, and Crouch. And surely Johnson ahead of Bent in the standby list is an awful decision? Good decision to take Lennon over SWP IMO. And God damn Hargreaves!! Although Ive read he is playing well for Munich.

Greeno wont really get much of a game though will he? Sven loves Calamity - and a lot more importantly he has been in better form this season.

Hargreaves has been very good for Bayern this season - have watched much Bundesliga (my Dad is a Kaiserslautern season ticket holder) and he is very highly though of over there. Jenas is an awful pick though.

Agree about Johnson - if Bent plays then the Binners get extra dosh, so maybe Sven has thought of us and done us a favour - added extra value to Greens sale price into the bargain! 

The only reason i can think of taking Johnson is send him on with 5 minutes to go if we are 1-1 against Argentina...he can really wind them up by cheating and diving to get a penalty....or better still a Hand of God ...

I don''t feel as good about the World Cup as I did this morning.

As I see it.

Rooney- will not play any part.

Owen- Just have a funny feeling that he will either miss the first couple of games or through lack of match practise be innefective.

Walcott- Has anyone actually seen the lad play senior football to this standard?

Crouchie- Love the guy but he''s just not a World class striker.

Downing - good choice.

Omission of Defoe, Bent and SWP- Potentially the banana skin which will cost us dear. I cannot believe not one of these three made the cut, what were you thinking Sven? Bent in the circumstances should be lined up as I really think we''ll struggle up front. Defoe and SWP? Two fantastic exciting and dangerous players, a goal down with 20 mins left who do you fancy to swing it, SWP or Hargreaves????????

Walcott- Has anyone actually seen the lad play senior football to this standard?

Actually Sven just admitted on SkySports that he had never seen him play! 

How much do we pay this man?? He has dropped Phil Neville however, which is nice.

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]

Happy for Green...good experience and will put his price up. But (and nothing against him personally) if he is 3rd best English keeper (behind Calamity James) then I think English supporters should hope Robinson does not get injured...

And Hargreaves & Jenas?...no way!

Admire Sven for taking a chance on Lennon and Walcott though...nothing beats pace on the flanks, a fit Owen will feed well off them! But will he play them?...I doubt it. I suspect all the above will just make up the numbers.

[/quote]To be honest with you I dont see Green ever being better than Robinson - but he is more Nigel Martyn than David James and that means he is someone you can rely upon between the sticks. He is my number two for the world cup although admittedly I am not Sven.As for James - why oh why does anyone rate him? He is a fantastic shot stopper but rubbish at catching and handling anything with a bit of zip or height on it. Did people see the other week when he attempted to take it past a player and knocked it so hard it went outside of the area with him charging it down? He had more than enough time to kick it upfield like any other normal keeper would but no, one touch (first chance to kick it up field if need be out), two touches (great chance to knock it up field, balls under controll and the striker is still about 10 yrds away), third touch sluggish and heavy takes it past the on rushing centre forward and beyond the normal distance for such a manouvre thus setting up an idea chance for another player outside of the box.Then there is yesterdays goal as well. What the hell was he doing? He came out, got to hands to it but didnt bring it into his body! Instead he holds it out like the world cup itself and bounces it off his own players head!James is not world class - just think what a field day Ronaldinho would have against him. Nightmares of nasty chips comes back into play.1st Keeper Robinson2nd Green3rd I would take anyone other than James but out of respect and seeing as he is in the squad anyway - James.