Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

Plan of action...

Let''s stop mucking around shall we...

Worthington is going to be here for the first quarter of next season at least, so let''s put pressure on him to make the signing that would be best for our club:

CHRIS SUTTON

Available on a free, would be perfect for Earnshaw, could help unite the fans somewhat.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

who was on 45k a week at birmingham...

how could we finance his wages?

jas :)

[/quote]

The man is a millionaire, he loves the area and the club. It''s not inconceivable that he''d take dramatically reduced terms and come home for his last few years.

It''s the kind of gamble we should be taking...After this season, the parachute payments are gone and we''ll be back to where we were 3 years ago.

We''ve got to show more ambition that prudence this season, it just has to be done.

I don`t think any team is going to offer Sutton more than 15K per week.

If we offered Sutton 10K per week and a 250K bonus for promotion (and a 1 year option in the prem) he would be crazy not to except.

Thats a max outlay of 750K and chance for Sutton to go down in canary history.

At this stage of his career I am sure Sutton has plenty of money so its not a huge issue.

what a waste of money! he has been crocked so much this year are we going to pay him to give neal reynolds more work? unless its a pay as you play deal we should find someone else. i would say yes if he was not as injury prone but what makes anyone think he would be injury free here with the number of injuries we seem to get, especially on the training pitch!

i would love to see chris back, and you are right about the money, i dont think he would be greedy. he wants to return so he would have to be realistic just as hucks was when everyone said we could not afford his wages.

please sign him if we can, it would be a gret leap in the right direction!

The only problem is would Sutton be happy to play for Worthy.  Just look what Worthy did to Ashton''s game.

Web Team??How about an Evening News/Pink''Un campaign to bring Sutton to Carrow Road? Perhaps start with an interview with the man himself... Fan/media pressure can make the difference... Remember when Delia shelled out money from her own pocket to buy Cedric Anselin.... and Hucks.... Okay they both proved their worth at the club first, but Sutton did too, albeit over a decade ago now.

[quote user="Campbell"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

who was on 45k a week at birmingham...

how could we finance his wages?

jas :)

[/quote]

The man is a millionaire, he loves the area and the club. It''s not inconceivable that he''d take dramatically reduced terms and come home for his last few years.

It''s the kind of gamble we should be taking...After this season, the parachute payments are gone and we''ll be back to where we were 3 years ago.

We''ve got to show more ambition that prudence this season, it just has to be done.

[/quote]

Even if he was prepared to take a £35k drop in wages it''s still a big gamble in my view.  £1/2m in wages plus any signing on fees for a player who has consistantly been injured for the past 3 years.  Would good does it do to have a great in your sqaud who''s spends as much time injured as he does in the team?

Chris Sutton is the best striker I have seen for City in my lifetime and imagine I will not see better for a long time but I don''t want to see him come back like Fleck did being half the player he was.