Sign in to follow this  
San Miguel

Etuhu - a change of position?

I can''t of been the only person to notice a change in Etuhu''s performance in the last couple of games. I''ve been quite critical of him since he''s been here but I think he can turn it around and deserve his place in the starting 11.

I think he would be more suited to an attacking central midfield role - ok he''s not the quickest but he displayed against Wolves that he can keep opponent''s off the ball when moving forward and that he is a danger in the box.

A fit Safri is enough to secure the defence, and playing say Hucks on the left wing and someone new on the right wing means we could try and make more crosses into the box and Etuhu is certaintly more likely to win it in the air than Earnshaw. I''m not saying we should hoof it into the box, which we do anyway, but a mixture of attacking (some aerial, some to feet) is what is needed to score more goals and break down defences. Francis played a role like this to great affect. (affect? effect? never know which one)

The Championship is all about scoring goals, not keeping clean sheets, and we need to go more attacking in my opinion. In contrast, the Premiership is more about clean sheets than scoring goals which is why so many teams struggle to bridge the gap.

yep etuhu deserves credit for turning it around, i was pleased when we signed him,as i had seen him many times before and always done ok. sometimes a player needs to settle into a new area, and i think thats what now has happened.