Sign in to follow this  
WhistleBlowerOnBlower

A view from afar

I''m not a City fan, but have lived in Norwich and have adopted the club as my own for the past few seasons. It saddens me to see what has become of the Canaries.

Not so much the team. A top ten finish on your return to the Championship is NOT a bad season. Look at the Swindons, Bradfords, Barnsleys, Sheffield Wednesdays who''ve fallen and have kept on falling. A couple of draws turned into wins and defeats turned into draws and you''d have been in the play-offs. Had the team not started sluggishly, I don''t doubt for one second Norwich City would have been in the play-offs.

Yes several of the summer signings didn''t work. Andy Hughes the obvious case in point. But when your best player obviously had his mind elsewhere from August until he was sold, and your star goalkeeper is thinking of Germany and not the job in hand, and a large group of your supporters decide to adopt a policy of mass idiocy then things are rather doomed from the outset.

Look at the plus points - Earnshaw looks a far more natural goalscorer than Ashton ever did, Jason Shackell continues to develop into one of the finest young defenders outside the Premiership, Darren Huckerby is still a massive threat at this level and Paul Gallacher could well be as good a goalkeeper as Greeno ever was. Oh, and you finished above that shower down the A140...

The manager you praised to the heavens two years ago has not become useless overnight. He''s a decent man. A man of integrity. He''ll see this job through to the end. And no-one wants to see City back in the Premiership more than him.

The "Worthy Out" brigade have zero credibility because they appear as an incoherent, quasi-illiterate bunch. Just the type of character you all slate when they ring in to Canary Call. The "protests" have done their cause more harm than good. Anyone who witnessed, as I did, the organised lunacy at St Andrews Hall, the rag-tag band of malcontents at the Stoke game, and the handful of whiners at Leicester saw not an organised example of fan power, but a bunch of desperates, so unhappy in their own lives, aching to feel important.

I hope that in August the malcontents have let their season tickets go to real supporters, and Norwich City can get back on track.

Under the management of Nigel Worthington and his excellent team at Colney.

<siren sounds> binner alert, evacuate the board immediately!

so we''ve a top 10 finish and thats good is it? i see that you managed to pick clubs with horrendous financial problem when highlighting previously relegated clubs, but forgot the likes of palace this season, west brom the season before, and previous to those bolton, man city and charlton.

"I''m not a City fan, but have lived in Norwich and have adopted the club as my own for the past few seasons" so whats that supposed to mean? - you dont go to games, nor support the club - but you think you have the right to knock all those that pay thousands (in some cases) to watch the team perform like incompetent rejects under woeful tacics with thwe wrong personnel.

the unorgainsed lunacy of St Andrews Hall, was, if i remember widely acknowledged as a well put together debate by all and sundry including the likes of neil adams, rick waghorn, and indeed the club

Whistle blower on blower hardly gives you much credibility either 

Shortest Defense in Premiership History

Gary Holt and Mark Edworthy, play almost all premiership games and are then freed??

Striker after Striker at Right Wing

Left Backs in Central Midfield

Simon Charlton at Left Midfield

5 million spent, the highest in this league to get a team that struggles to even show up away.

finishing below a coventry side that has spent no money.

Bottling every match that counted this season

Money wasted on Unused Loan Players

Hoof it up to Eeny, and defending these tactics in the press

Work Rate over ability

No flicks and tricks

Andy Hughes First Name on the teamsheet every match

No goal scored from a free Kick in 3 years

23 goals conceded from set peices, the worst in the division

This manager has looked out of his deptth from the moment we got promoted.

Tearing this club apart.

Dire Results, Money Wasted, Customers Insulted. This Limited Manager and offensive individual will never get my support back;.

Whilst I respect your opinion, you must surely be taking the piss! What a load of twaddle.

The man we have in charge is the most arrogant p**** i can ever remember being in charge, even Hamilton had the balls to admit he wasn''t doing a good job and resigned (despite that upsetting Delia - another fact that shows she knows nothing about football)

Couldn''t have put it better myself.

Next season will be the 40th since I started going to Carrow Road.  I thought there was nothing I hadn''t seen or experienced.  I was wrong.  Never in a thousand years did I imagine that the behaviour of some of my fellow supporters would make me so ashamed. 

That has been by far the most disappointing aspect of this season for me. 

[quote user="WhistleBlowerOnBlower"]

I''m not a City fan...

Had the team not started sluggishly, I don''t doubt for one second Norwich City would have been in the play-offs.

...a large group of your supporters decide to adopt a policy of mass idiocy then things are rather doomed from the outset.

...a bunch of desperates, so unhappy in their own lives, aching to feel important.

I hope that in August the malcontents have let their season tickets go to real supporters, and Norwich City can get back on track.

[/quote]WhistleBlowerOnBlower, you are right.  Clearly you are not a NorwichCity fan. Because no supporter in their right mind could logically blame the City fans for the team''s lowly league position. So please do crawl back under whatever rock you came from.City has the largest and most passionate support of any club in the Football League. We are anything but your kind.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Couldn''t have put it better myself.

Next season will be the 40th since I started going to Carrow Road.  I thought there was nothing I hadn''t seen or experienced.  I was wrong.  Never in a thousand years did I imagine that the behaviour of some of my fellow supporters would make me so ashamed. 

That has been by far the most disappointing aspect of this season for me. 

[/quote]

teehee, never in a thousand years did i ever think that a team with premiership ambitions could field such a poor team

nor did i believe that norwich would play so badly and resort to long ball tactics

never did i believe that our board would stick with such a poor manager

those points are the aspects that show why this has been by far the most disappointing season.

The discontent of the supporters finds it''s root cause not so much in our final position after 46 games, but rather in the position of the club  in so many aspects, relative to where it was 2 years ago. So much was hoped for, so much optimism for the future - finances sorted, stadium being completed, the mavellous ''one-ness'' of the supporters with a board of directors who we were convinced knew their business, and a team and manager that had done us so proud in winning the Championship. Two years on, we have witnessed a decline of this football club, on and off the pitch that can only be described as little short of disasterous. Money is wasted on ill-considered permenant signings and ephemeral, under-utilised loans. Mr. Worthington''s judgement has been shown to be sorely lacking  not only in the signings he has made, but also in the players he has jettisoned from the club, mainly on the grounds of ill-judged penny-pinching and personality conflict than any real sound team planning. And even when he managed, to his credit, to bring in players of real quality (Ashton, Helveg), it was here that his lack of tactical nous and flexibility was thrown into sharpest relief, as both players failed badly to fulfil their potential, being forced to play his crude, basic, blood-and-guts football, light years away from the intelligent, flexible style they had both been educated in. As a result, we have have a team full of players who wouldn''t recognise a killer pass if it mugged them with a housebrick in a sock, and a manager with a one-dimensional tactical repetoire that basically involves boring or battering your opponents to death. Is it any wonder that the average punter at the turnstiles is left wondering ''Where the hell did we go wrong ?''

This isn''t about where we are; this is about how far we''ve fallen.

Another excellent post, CJF. I couldn''t have put the case against Worthless better myself. Once again you''ve impressed me with your concise exposition of the facts and figures. Worthless out!

Just a thought along the lines of "no flicks and tricks", you can imagine Worthless screaming at the screen in anger when he watches that advert featuring the great Ronaldino. I wonder if he''d welcome Ronaldino into one of his teams?

I have slightly amended the title of this thread accordingly to "A view from a ''fart!''...... Wot a whistleblowin'' chump! [:|]

Thank heavens, a voice of sanity!

Not so much quasi-illiterates, although many of them apparently are that; more emotionally illiterate. They just do not have the emotional armoury and reserves to deal with minor disappointment in grown-up way.

It''s only football, guys. Nobody died.

Worthy is the problem ,he has bought players,took the training,chose the tactics,picked the team,and been in charge of each game.He and he alone carries the can for everything.Foley was ill not in charge and got the sack.Long time Norwich supporters have seen good football over the years and know what is acceptable  in our clubs tradition and can also accept a certain amount of failure.Worthington has totaly failed thus destroying our reputation as a very good footballing side.Should we all rejoice and make him the High Sheriff of Norfolk then or vigorously protest!!For you who is doing more blowing than whistling i suggest a visit to the club shop and purchase and watch the last 25 years of our footballing past videos and only then will you have any idea of  what we as locals are protesting about. Its ashame for you  as you have chosen the wrong manager to be adopted with and know no different  poor miguided fool......

[quote user="David4567"]

Finally someone else who realises how IGNORANT and NAIVE the Worthy out p***s are.

[/quote]

left backs in midfeld while midfielders are fit....   And Andy Hughes, first name on the teamsheet for that inept pillock...... I dont need to say anymore bury your head back in the sand David

Under the management of Nigel Worthington and his excellent team at Colney.

[/quote]

so "real fans" sit there and cheer their team on no matter what?

Where were these "real fans" in the days of our 10-12000 attendances, when we lost 6-1 to port vale, 4-0 to charlton in front of 9000 people... i was there... i still am..

id be interested to see how our fan base has swelled since 2002.. and how its declining now.. anyone got a graph or anything?

jas :)

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]

Oh your all grown up are you Cantley , i bet the dementia is setting in right ?

[/quote]

Quasi-illiterate it is then.

[quote user="David4567"]

Finally someone else who realises how IGNORANT and NAIVE the Worthy out p***s are.

[/quote] Why are you tarring all Worthy outers with the same brush?? Some of us believe the manager should be replaced for the good of the club and are cross with his management this season but it doesn''t mean we''re all booing our own players, cheering opposition goals and saying offensive things to the KTF brigade! I totally agree that some of us are acting in an ignorant way, (naive is a matter of opinion I belive) but not all of us!

I hate the current situation and the atmosphere at Carrow Road as much as anyone and I hope it stops before next season through the manager being replaced or Worthy making some quality signings and the club showing some signs of real ambition. I think it would be best for Norwich if he is replaced but if Worthy is still in charge at the beginning of next season i''m prepared to get behind him for and I hope in that situation he comes up with the goods and gets us promoted. I have my doubts and strong ones at that but I''m very prepared to be proved wrong!

the KTF brigade really have made themselves look foolish, resorting to petty name calling.
if worthless is still here next season i will go and throw my ticket at him, i dont know how you can possibly find anything posotive about worthless.
If he had played charlton in the midfield on the odd occasion and it had worked he would have been called a tactcial genius but seeing as he plays charton there and only there ahead of actual midfielders just shows that he is a clown.
Going on to youth, the only reason shackell got a chance was because one of the "first team" centre backs was injured or when he tries to appease the fans by throwing jarvis on when we are already 4-0 down.
To conclude, this manager is a clown, i have never understood his tactical decisions and never will, even in the playoff final, bringing on sutch at a late stage in the game led to Birmingham equalising almost instantly.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]

the KTF brigade really have made themselves look foolish, resorting to petty name calling.if worthless is still here next season i will go and throw my ticket at him, i dont know how you can possibly find anything posotive about worthless. If he had played charlton in the midfield on the odd occasion and it had worked he would have been called a tactcial genius but seeing as he plays charton there and only there ahead of actual midfielders just shows that he is a clown. Going on to youth, the only reason shackell got a chance was because one of the "first team" centre backs was injured or when he tries to appease the fans by throwing jarvis on when we are already 4-0 down. To conclude, this manager is a clown, i have never understood his tactical decisions and never will, even in the playoff final, bringing on sutch at a late stage in the game led to Birmingham equalising almost instantly.

[/quote]Duncan, please read the first page of replies to this post - I think you will find that most of them are self branded worthy outers proving themselves to be "name callers".Its interesting that I said something similar but because I have more posts to my name and I have been on this forum for a long time under the same name that people didnt accuse me of being an Ipswich fan. I did get plenty of insults for it though.So far as I am concerned the people that are most vocal about having Worthington removed have proven themselves to be nothing more than the name callers that you have indicated the "KTF" are. CJF is a prime example. Not only that but their arguments are not allowed to be questioned even though they are based upon events years ago that have had nothing to do with this seasons results.And as for the Charlton playing in midfield - how many times did he actually play left mid? And how many times did he play centre midfield? And out of those games how many did we win? I know we won Sheff Utd away with him there playing very well. So far as I remember that was pretty much down to tactics and also injuries - but you can''t argue that it didnt work on that occaision.

Welcome to our world Alex. Ever since these division began one side has

tarred the other with the same extreme version of whatever camp we sit

in. One side do all those things you describe while the other are

"board lovers", "worthy lovers" think he''s a tactical genius, accept

medicority, will go along with whatever the club say etc etc. To be

honest i''ll venture that there are fewer fans like this than those that

jeer and boo players and create the poisonous atmoshpere we have had at

the club this year.

I accept that wo-ers can be a reasonable bunch, off the top of my head, there''s you,

trent, saint and seedyrom who could be described as wo-ers with a conscience!

But too many are incapable of expressing themesleves without

unpleasantries and abuse, calling him "irish fool" "worthless"

"pillock" "clown". Which make the following post all the more ironic.

Duncan berates name calling and does it himself in the same post! Seems

pretty foolish to me! Why is it unacceptable to you Duncan to call

fellow

fans names yet it''s ok to do the same to the manager?

Cantley called it right, emotional intelligence is what''s lacking here,

among the extreme and abusive elements on both sides of the debate.

Although i can''t help but think this deficiency is more evident among

the worthy outers!

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]

the KTF brigade really have made themselves look foolish, resorting to petty name calling.

if worthless is still here next season i will go and throw my ticket at

him, i dont know how you can possibly find anything posotive about

worthless.

If he had played charlton in the midfield on the odd occasion and it

had worked he would have been called a tactcial genius but seeing as he

plays charton there and only there ahead of actual midfielders just

shows that he is a clown.

Going on to youth, the only reason shackell got a chance was because

one of the "first team" centre backs was injured or when he tries to

appease the fans by throwing jarvis on when we are already 4-0 down.

To conclude, this manager is a clown, i have never understood his

tactical decisions and never will, even in the playoff final, bringing

on sutch at a late stage in the game led to Birmingham equalising

almost instantly.

[/quote]

[quote user="seedyrom"]

The discontent of the supporters finds it''s root cause not so much in our final position after 46 games, but rather in the position of the club  in so many aspects, relative to where it was 2 years ago. So much was hoped for, so much optimism for the future - finances sorted, stadium being completed, the mavellous ''one-ness'' of the supporters with a board of directors who we were convinced knew their business, and a team and manager that had done us so proud in winning the Championship. Two years on, we have witnessed a decline of this football club, on and off the pitch that can only be described as little short of disasterous. Money is wasted on ill-considered permenant signings and ephemeral, under-utilised loans. Mr. Worthington''s judgement has been shown to be sorely lacking  not only in the signings he has made, but also in the players he has jettisoned from the club, mainly on the grounds of ill-judged penny-pinching and personality conflict than any real sound team planning. And even when he managed, to his credit, to bring in players of real quality (Ashton, Helveg), it was here that his lack of tactical nous and flexibility was thrown into sharpest relief, as both players failed badly to fulfil their potential, being forced to play his crude, basic, blood-and-guts football, light years away from the intelligent, flexible style they had both been educated in. As a result, we have have a team full of players who wouldn''t recognise a killer pass if it mugged them with a housebrick in a sock, and a manager with a one-dimensional tactical repetoire that basically involves boring or battering your opponents to death. Is it any wonder that the average punter at the turnstiles is left wondering ''Where the hell did we go wrong ?''

[/quote] A concise and succint appraisal of the current situation.

[quote user="seedyrom"]

[/quote]

Exactly, the view fom afar would be that we have had a poor season and Worthy has done it before and can do it again.

The view closer to home indicates a team on the decline.  A playing staff weaker now than when promoted 2 years ago.  Money wasted and in some cases just thrown away (Rehman and Johanson).  A team tweaked at least 3 times this season, being no better at every change or additionm of personnel. 

When we got promoted we had 2 gaps in he team, Right Midfield and Centre forward.  As it was we signed a striker to play Right Midfield and a Center Half to play Centre Forward!! The striker at Right Midfield was subbed at halftime over and over again, the defender said he didnt like being played up top.....

These types of decisions have continued for 2 seasons now....

[quote]so "real fans" sit there and cheer their team on no matter what?[/quote]

Real fans are supporters. The idea is that they support rather than crucify when things go wrong. City''s home form across the final couple of months of the season is nothing short of incredible when you consider the non-support forthcoming from the stands.

Fans are quick to turn on the players for a lack of loyalty when it comes to transfers. But the loyalty needs to come the other way too.

The "Worthy Out" hordes (the message board they run does them zero favours) won''t rest until Nigel''s been hounded out or lynched outside City Hall, which sadly suggests the poisonous atmosphere at Carrow Road will continue next season...

And were I a player being courted by City, I''m not sure I''d want to play in front of a crowd that wasn''t guaranteed to be behind me in bad times as well as good.

Well, as the disgruntled anti Worthy''s, are clearly a "feeble and rabid foamin'' at the mouth minority" down at Carrow Road.....Why don''t the majority of the incumbents - who are more than content with the present manager - vocally drown out the WO''s?

I would most certainly like a change of manager and coaching staff - although I''ve never screamed for the manager''s head at the ground, but certainly griped about him over a pint in the pub.......( I did protest vehemently against Mr Chase though!)

I haven''t heard a chorus of ''Worthington''s blah, blah, army'' for an awful long time either!

So why, is there a subdued and incorrigible atmosphere in the stadium eh? Are folk really happy with their lot? Will Nigel do a Pardew and regain the support of old? Nah! It''s too far gone in my opinion......and that''s all it is - ''an opinion!''

Anyway, I''ll still be here when the manager, his staff and the ''loyal'' squad members have retired, or are loyally plying their trade elsewhere....After all, I''m only a ''hordey geezer'' who follows the WO''s and is hydrophobic, with a jerkin'' knee! OTBC  

I have never been a Worthington fan from the day he was manager. The fans have tolerated him ,now he has run his course and its time to go.He has given it his best shot but it is not good enough.Getting into the premier league was a stroke of luck,he soon prooved he was not up to that and we went back into the championship without a whimper. Here we are now as also rans after a very poor season there.A change is as good as a rest ,so its time for him to rest and Norwich to change.If he stays and we have a poor start next season what will come will be much more hostile from many more fans than those protesting now.Plenty of better managers have been sacked for much less than he has served us ,why is he so untouchable ?YOU TAKE THE MONEY,YOU TAKE THE FLAK!!!

so the team can manage good results at home and terrible ones away - maybe therefore the crowd reluctance to cheer terrible football is a good thing. Everytime there has been a demo, the team win. Maybe it''s a good thing

[quote]so "real fans" sit there and cheer their team on no matter what?[/quote]

Real fans are supporters. The idea is that they support rather than crucify when things go wrong. City''s home form across the final couple of months of the season is nothing short of incredible when you consider the non-support forthcoming from the stands.

Fans are quick to turn on the players for a lack of loyalty when it comes to transfers. But the loyalty needs to come the other way too.

The "Worthy Out" hordes (the message board they run does them zero favours) won''t rest until Nigel''s been hounded out or lynched outside City Hall, which sadly suggests the poisonous atmosphere at Carrow Road will continue next season...

And were I a player being courted by City, I''m not sure I''d want to play in front of a crowd that wasn''t guaranteed to be behind me in bad times as well as good.

[/quote]

Real fans can see when a manager is doing an awful job........ 

Real fans spotted that Gary Holt waasnt up to the premiership 25 matches before the current manager....

Real fans get worried when they see Simon Charlton reguarly played in central midfield.......

Real fans get annoyed when they see striker after striker brought in to play at right midfield.........

Real fans get peeved when they see good players leave the club for a pittance.....

Real fans stand stunned when they see the ball hoofed up to a midget....

I could go on and on here.......

Blind faith types just loyally follow in spite of such STUPID mistakes being made...  WORTHY OUT!!