Sign in to follow this  
breaker

If it was up to you whos gonna be coming in?

You just need to say who you think Norwich need, its what you want but probably more insightful if its realistic.

mine is:

Poom

Lunt

Novo

chopra

Koumas

Halford

Stearman

Davenport maybe even Albrechsten

and trying to get maybe a couple of young players in on loan and mingle them with our youth.

And if i could have any manager it would be Curbs'' and thats not too unrealistic.

Davernport (He looked class on loan)

Billy Jones

Greg Halford (no way now colchester are promoted)

Nathan Tyson (wycombe ?) or a bigger striker who has age on his side and has a reputation for scoring goals.

Giles Coke (young cheap, may be worth it if he pays off)

Linvoy Primus ( he is well hard)

Danny Shittu

JJ ockocha (free... Although he wouldn''t and his wages would be huge. I''m dreaming !)

Guiseppi Rossi (season loan)

Tom Huddlestone (season loan... versatile, strong, young and hungry, quality aswell.)

I believe Worthy will have to get in there quick if he is going to do the buisness. Sadly I have no faith in him.

1. Greg Halford - best player in the position we need most. I think he should be our main target and we should give Colchester an offer they simply cant refuse. He has a great cross on him, he is young with pace and works well defensively.

2. Creative midfielder - there are loads knocking about the championship. A lot of people say Koumas but thats not going to happen.

3. Cover for left back - not bothered really. Lewington on a free would do the job.

4. Centre back - that guy from Crewe looks good, also Loovens from Cardiff

5. Big forward - someone to link up with Earnie but i wouldnt spend too much unless we went for Jerome. Steve Howard would be ok

Bougherra? hes played well,

i think a good idea would be to cherrypick the players who have just gone down from prem and championship, and look for good, developable youngsters from lower leagues. This is where success can be gained. Imagine the money we''d have saved if Eastwood and Halford had come in earlier? Primus would be good, and with pompey''s money may be gettable. What do people think of Stearman? oh and Poom on a free if we sell Green?

Re Halford - I have not seen him play but have it on good authority from the club that he IS high on the list of players being watched but there is a real concern about a perceived LACK of pace! Have to wait and see.

Agree with your points about the defence. For too long we have been banging on about ''new midfielders'' etc. but any assessment of our back five indicates very serious problems. The appalling goals conceded column over last two seasons confirms that. Saint and Zipper both make very good points about the midfield playing too deep and not tackling higher up the pitch thus leaving the defence swamped at times. Fair enough but I still believe that individually and as a unit the back five are weak in quality and, now, decidedly lacking in numbers.

Keeper - Green does not want to be here and his switched off attitude has led to many goals being conceded this past season. Gallagher is likely to return north. That means probably one and possibly two new keepers being needed in the summer (unless of course Worthy suddenly does a Sven with Joe Lewis - fat chance!)

Right Back - Jurgen gets caught out positionally and is very much second choice (at best). Louie- Jean has had a very serious injury and there must be a significant doubt whether he can return to the fitness and pace needed by a fullback at this level. That leaves Flem who is solid but no more. Put a pacy leftsided opponent againts him and he''s taken to the cleaners.

Centre Backs - Doc is adequate and consistent but is still dodgy against pace. Unlike Malky he is no leader and does not chip in with goals at the other end. Shacks has potential but an appalling lack of coaching reveals a player who is hopelessly one footed. His basic inability to use his right foot / leg means he gives away posession needlessly when the situation simpl requires straightforward tackling and passing with his right peg. Who is the cover at centre back?? Our 35 year old Flem, that''s all.

Left Back - Drury is a very good player at this level but with JB and Charlie gone, there is no first team cover.  

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Re Halford - I have not seen him play but have it on good authority from the club that he IS high on the list of players being watched but there is a real concern about a perceived LACK of pace! Have to wait and see.

Agree with your points about the defence. For too long we have been banging on about ''new midfielders'' etc. but any assessment of our back five indicates very serious problems. The appalling goals conceded column over last two seasons confirms that. Saint and Zipper both make very good points about the midfield playing too deep and not tackling higher up the pitch thus leaving the defence swamped at times. Fair enough but I still believe that individually and as a unit the back five are weak in quality and, now, decidedly lacking in numbers.

Keeper - Green does not want to be here and his switched off attitude has led to many goals being conceded this past season. Gallagher is likely to return north. That means probably one and possibly two new keepers being needed in the summer (unless of course Worthy suddenly does a Sven with Joe Lewis - fat chance!)

Right Back - Jurgen gets caught out positionally and is very much second choice (at best). Louie- Jean has had a very serious injury and there must be a significant doubt whether he can return to the fitness and pace needed by a fullback at this level. That leaves Flem who is solid but no more. Put a pacy leftsided opponent againts him and he''s taken to the cleaners.

Centre Backs - Doc is adequate and consistent but is still dodgy against pace. Unlike Malky he is no leader and does not chip in with goals at the other end. Shacks has potential but an appalling lack of coaching reveals a player who is hopelessly one footed. His basic inability to use his right foot / leg means he gives away posession needlessly when the situation simpl requires straightforward tackling and passing with his right peg. Who is the cover at centre back?? Our 35 year old Flem, that''s all.

Left Back - Drury is a very good player at this level but with JB and Charlie gone, there is no first team cover.  

[/quote]

I would hope Rider that Spillane is now considered (by Worthy) to be in the list of defenders in the "Full Squad" and will hopefully provide cover at centre and full back.  I would also like to think that maybe Rossi Jarvis will be seen in that light next season but I doubt it. 

There is no doubt we need cover in the defence and a centre back with pace would be nice but not essential.  What is essential for me, is that (when possible) Worthington should play his chosen back five together as much as possible during pre-season to try and form a solid unit.  It''s possible to have a good defence without great players but you need an understanding between the players.  A lot of coaching needs to be done with the players to form a unit and they simply need to play a lot more together.

As for potential signings, I don''t really want to name names because no doubt I will jinx it but I think specific types of players are needed.  We need to go back to what we were doing successfully 10+ years ago, looking for young talent from the lower leagues and assemble a team that can grow together over the next few years.  What we don''t want is to get into the same situation as the last 2 seasons where we have had a high turnover of players because they are past the best or were never good enough in the first place.  We have experience in the squad already, what we need to do is freshen it up a bit.

I reckon three quality players would be enough.

Koumas

Sutton

Halford...or another wide right midfield player.

What everyone is saying is exactly right, so why is it that stops this process from hapening? I can fling pointless suspscions and theories around but i don''t know. What really needs to be done is to sort it out, and this is the problem because i feel worthington really had the right group of people at the right time and has ridden that wave since. He has gotten complacent, but its not too late to sort things, a policy of bringing youth developing as well as buying players with the bit of extra skill in the places we need, i.e not another ''engine'' or ''workhorse'' in the midfield.

We all seem to know who needs to be bought, so lets hope it happens.