Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Will Greeno leave now?

Greeno is going to the World Cup with England but will he come back a City player?  I hope, for his sake he gets a move to a Premiership because he needs it to improve further.

I really don''t see where he can go though.  Everton have just taken Tim Howard on loan, so that door has closed and pretty much every other Prem club has a fairly decent keeper.  The only place I can see him going is Wigan. 

Do you think he will leave and if so, where?

I don''t think he will leave Saint.

If he can get in the world cup squad playing for Norwich then I don''t think he''ll feel the need to. That does all depend on just how ambitious he is though. If he sees himself as future No1 then maybe long term he would benifit from playing for a bigger club.

His price tag will surely increase by just being in the squad and that might put off potential buyers too.

Good question though because there are sound arguments for and against a move.

The answer is of course he will if any Premiership club comes in for him. He has made his position quite clear in the past, that he wants to play in the Premiership. Until someone comes in for him he is going nowhere. I sometimes wonder if he is good enough for the Premiership, and yet strangely, he is considered good enough for an England call up!

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]The answer is of course he will if any Premiership club comes in for him. He has made his position quite clear in the past, that he wants to play in the Premiership. Until someone comes in for him he is going nowhere. I sometimes wonder if he is good enough for the Premiership, and yet strangely, he is considered good enough for an England call up![/quote]

I think it says a lot that he is in the top 3 English keepers but not considered the best Goalkeeper in the Championship .

Greeno has only got into the England team by default !   he`s literally  in the barrel scraping  department ,   if his performance in our prem season is anything to go by , why should England tremble !!  ??    if he EVER gets to play   he`ll soon find out  what world class shooting is all about .....aaaaagh

Just cannot see what Premiership team will want him . As for him being to good for Norwich , i would say the best you could describe Green as this season would be average and thats being kind.

There is little chance that Robert Green will be keeping goal for another team come 2006-7. No club will spend big money and high wages on a ''keeper that was beaten game after game in his only Premiership season in his career. As others have shown you can pick up some outstanding foreign ''keepers for easy money if you do your research.

Don''t get me wrong, I rate Greeno very highly and think he performed outstandingly in the Premiership for us but he is not the clever buy ... otherwise he would have gone last summer.

OTBC

Dont forget team around the world will be watching the world cup whats stopping an Italian or spanish team putting in a bid??

Not sure to be honest, I suspect he would be a No:2 GK in the Prem. Whilst I am happy for him we have to be honset and say that if Kirkland was fit he would not have been picked and I suspect it will not be long before he is overtaken in the pecking order by the likes of Scott Carson, I say this not because I do not rate him but merely based on the fact that he plys his trade in the Championship. One or two on here have had a go at his form when we were in the Prem, very unfairly IMO, if he did move he would be protected by much better defenders and midfielders, given the amount of protection he got and given the amount of shots that rained down on him I would suggest that somebody with less charcater would have been destroyed.

hes a good friend of a friend of mine (we went to school with rob) and he says that rob expects to leave after the world cup