Sign in to follow this  
canarychris

Adam Boyd

Why haven''t we been linked with Adam Boyd?

Top scorer in league 1 2 seasons ago, missed most of this season injured and as a result Hartlepool have been relegated to League 2.

He is back to fitness, would make a good link player with Earnshaw (in the Ashton mould) and scores goals.

Luton nearly got him for £500k in Jan transfer window, but i''m sure with Hartlepools relegation means we can get him even cheaper than that.

Thoughts?

he''s under 6ft and injury prone.. we need another big man who can play weekly...

hes only 23 - 24 though so could be worht a punt

jas :)

Were we not linked with him either this January or last? I don''t know a great deal about him but if he''s consistently putting the ball in the back of the net he''s worth looking at. Of course you''d also have to see what sort of support he gets from his team mates and how his style of play fits in with how we currently play. If he relies on the ball getting whipped into the box then I don''t think we should look at him. Then again most strikers rely on good service from the wings and thats why we always struggle in front of goal, even with the "wealth" of attacking talent we apparently have.

you misunderstand!!!

yes he is under 6 foot tall but his strength, as Ashton''s was, is to be a goal scorer who can also drop off the front and link the play, therefore allowing Earnie to play on the last man.

I really don''t want us to sign a 6 foot 4 striker as this will only encourage more Hoofball. Lets by a striker who can play with his back to goal, can drop of and link up play and will therefore force us to pass the ball. If you want a plan ''B'' for the last 20 minutes stick the Doc or Etuhu up front, but let''s not encourage hoofball from the first whistle!