Sign in to follow this  
andy laz

2006/2007 fixtures release date

Thte football league have just announced the date for 2006/2007 season fixtures will be released on Thursday 22 june @10am for those who are interested OTBC

What would people prefer. Another start to next season where we have a number of home games to get off to a good start, although last season wasn''t proof of that. Or would a couple of difficult away games be better to get them out of the way early on?I personally think that a couple of away games to teams we should be challenging would be better, it would give us a good indication of where we were and should we win those games then it would boost confidence of both the team and supporters.

Does anyone know the official date for the 1st game of the season? I found on some sites a start date of Sat 5th August, this would be 2 weeks before the start of the Prem, wonder if the World Cup will have an effect on the start date?

as i posted a couple of weeks ago, i would like to see us get a more difficult start such as wba a brum, sunderland, palace, preston etc in the first few games, because if the worthless one stays thats when we will know if its gonna be another long hard season like the debacle we have just said goodbye too.

I hope we catch the good teams early.  We might have an early advantage over some of them as a result of our reliance on fitness.

I think there''s a lot to look forward to,  Get McKenzie firing on all 4 next to Earnshaw with Huckerby and McVeigh in support and we''ll be an attacking threat to be reckoned with.  Sign a couple of decent midfielders and we''ll be providing the support that these players are crying out for.

With Birmingham, West Brom, Preston, Palace, Sunderland and Wolves fighting for the Prem with us, throw in Luton, Coventry and Ipswich into the mix as outside bets, it should be an exciting season.  Not to mention easy travel to Southend and Colchester, and the prospect of dare I say it, away wins ?

Look at the Prem season. Easiest fixture of the season came first (Palace, home)... Messed up and then went into 8 straight games against all of the top teams (other than chelsea) on a low ebb. It was a near miracle that Soton were still below us and we hadn''t already been cast adrift after that lot.

I would suggest it might be best to get a mixed bag of middle-of-the-road teams early on, with perhaps a couple of tricky ones thrown in... Then the team should be firing on all cylinders by the time the easier must-win fixtures come around.