Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Leeds or Watford for promotion?

It''s hobson''s choice. I can''t say I particularly like either club. I shall plump for Watford though, as they are a small club and I like to see small clubs punching above their weight. I was sorry to see Preston falling by the wayside again. I was hoping that maybe they would make it to the Premiership this time, but it wasn''t to be. Hopefully the play-off final will be an entertaining game - who knows Worthless might pull out all the stops next season and we will be there in the final of 2007!

I''ve gotta go for Watford. Reading had an amazing season, but for me, Watford were the real team of the year in the Championship - who would of thought it, a 3rd placed finish, with a playoff final looking a certainty?

Watford for me... can''t see Palace winning by enough to go through, maybe 2-1 or 3-2 to Palace tonight...

Sorry, I was rather jumping the gun there. I forgot that Watford had the small matter of keeping ahead of Palace tonight, before they can entertain Leeds. It should be a Watford v Leeds final, but you never know what might happen in football!

Well certainly don''t want Crystal Palace and diving Johnson going up. I prefer Watford out of the two clubs but another London club going up is what puts me off. Would have really liked to see Preston going up but nevermind, have they been in the Premiership before? I''ll be going for Watford though, because of the Norwich links mainly and because Malky deserves more than anyone a game in the Premiership.

Heart says Watford for Malky and Boothroyd. Head says Leeds, Ken Bates in the prem - theres a mouthwatering thought

I wanted Preston to go up since they are such a difficult team to play against - can''t believe last nights result.

I think Watford will do it now, and for Malky Mackay, I''ll be glad if they do

[quote user="San Miguel"]

I wanted Preston to go up since they are such a difficult team to play against - can''t believe last nights result.

I think Watford will do it now, and for Malky Mackay, I''ll be glad if they do

[/quote]

Same here

My hand is forced on this one by virtue of having a Leeds supporting girlfriend...

Secretly, though, I''ll be cheering for Watford and a Malky hat-trick of promotions...

Sadly it will end in tears for both the losers and winners...just a seasons difference in the timing of those tears. Watford and Adie deserve a year in the Premiership though ...''Leeds the Arrogant'' and their fickle supporters do not. 

So, as expected, it''s a Watford v Leeds final. Come on Watford! You can do it. Highlight of Watford v Palarse? That little handbag swinging tussle on the touchline. You could say things turned a bit ugly for a time. They certainly turned even uglier when Dowie joined in!

Nice if it was watford but can only see them doing worse then sunderland did this year if they do go up.

Definitely Watford... As Leeds fans keep telling us they are a huge club (with 11,000 season ticket holders!!) & by far the biggest & best in this division. Let''s hope they get another year to prove just how superior they are in the CCC [:D]

Leeds wll probably win it but I want Watford win it. The Dirty Weeds fans think they have the god given right to be in the Prem and losing to Watford would wipe the smirks right off their fat faces!

I would love Watford to do Leeds.........Just imagine, Elton ''tubster'' John, doing a wibbly wobbly canter across the Millenium pitch towards the celebrating Watford fans; then whipping off his ''rug/syrup/wiggy/crown topper''..... whatever - and throwing it frisbee style into the frenzied Hornets fans. Then scooping up a divot of stadium turf - and plonking it on his balding pate.....A visual delight! [:D]

C''mon Malky! You deserve a season in the Top-flight!

I wouldn''t mind who goes up, they both deserve it. Leeds, not for their fans who just think too much of themselves but the people who run the club and have got it back on track so quickly after it looked like they were going out of business. They are the people who deserve their moment in the lime light after a hell of a lot of hard work. Watford also deserve their place in the Premier League. Boothroyd has gone there with little experience and turned them from a side threatened by relegation into a side who could very possibly be playing at the top level next season. It would also be nice to see Malky finally get his chance in the top flight after being dumped by his last two clubs.

watford have it in the bag for starters they have boothroyd wish we had.Watford played at palace with pride enthusiasm fitness in abundance he has made some ordinary players in to world beaters.

I thought Watford at xmas and still do; they are confident, have a decent innovative coach and manager, a mix of youth and experience and a system that the whole squad understands and no pressure.

And it would be superb for malky to get three consecutive promotions, all via the play offs...

For city it may be better for leeds to go up as they could be tougher opponents next year (some younger talent could be taken during the summer while Bates money may help leeds even though their parachute money has finished).