Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Ashton in the FA cup ... will he ?

he did score

and also set up the first, with that great through ball!

shows the creativity we lack upfront!

Ashton created the firt goal, assisted and scored the second played quite a part until he was substituted and proved alround that he was quality - Worthington is not up to the task. Doncaster was made to look a fool by Pardews interview ( bearing in mind that Doncaster had previously said that we should be judged alongside West Ham  and that they had kept faith with Pardew) Pardew said that his first fourteen months had been putting out fires and dealing with players that didn''t want to play for West Ham Worthington is dealing with a team that he built end of story. Norwich City are going nowhere fast. 

considering it was his first game back from injury he had a very good game, they couldn''t stop praissing him at half time. just another example of what we are missing out on.

Yes , Ashton  had a good game , and showed touches of class ,  but don`t forget  this was a cup final , and  his mates were feeding him balls  from all parts of the field  !    surely the test of a good player  is during the weekly slog  that is our football season ?  ie  consistancy ,   in THAT department Ashton has been almost non-existant  for the Hammers ,  on a par with his  time with us  ,  all in all,  we are well rid of him !

[quote user="ridgeman"]Ashton created the firt goal, assisted and scored the second played quite a part until he was substituted and proved alround that he was quality - Worthington is not up to the task. Doncaster was made to look a fool by Pardews interview ( bearing in mind that Doncaster had previously said that we should be judged alongside West Ham  and that they had kept faith with Pardew) Pardew said that his first fourteen months had been putting out fires and dealing with players that didn''t want to play for West Ham Worthington is dealing with a team that he built end of story. Norwich City are going nowhere fast. [/quote]

Even with these hassles and players not wanting to play, Pardew still managed to get West Ham to 2 play-off finals in his first 2 season''s in charge.  Along with taking Reading to the play-offs the previous season.  A quality manager.

I am all for this ''follow the Charlton model'' its just our manager isnt very good and is now hated by a sizeable proportion of the customers.  We need to find a manager wit6h more potential as worthy has reached his and it aint very much. We can pay them the 500,000 a year worthy gets for signing and playing Andy Hughes. In fact a new manager may not even be in the huge salary we pay the current muppet in charge.

I liked the bit where the commentator explained to the viewing millions that Ashton had been deliberately left out the Norwich team in January to avoid being cup-tied. Apparently the BBC have the scans to prove it!!!!

[quote user="monty"]I liked the bit where the commentator explained to the viewing millions that Ashton had been deliberately left out the Norwich team in January to avoid being cup-tied. Apparently the BBC have the scans to prove it!!!![/quote]

I noticed that and it is in fact the second time I have heard it on the BBC.  David Pleat said the same thing on Radio 5 some time ago. I know he is not a club "insider" but he was pretty adamant about it and stated it as a fact, not his opinion.

Mark .Y.

I think his performance showed yesterday that he''s not a Worthington type player. Most of the time he was wandering about with his hands on his hips not really looking interested. Thing is he was one of the best players on the pitch in the first half. I think one of the reasons we never saw the best of Dean Ashton was because he was being told to play in a style that didn''t suit him. Basically doing a lot of running into positions where he wasn''t dangerous. And the sad thing is that it didn''t have to be that way. We have players who could do the running for him like Etherington, Harewood and Benyauon (or however its spelt). Hucks, McVeigh and McKenzie (I know injured this season but Henderson in that role is as good I think) so it was the tactics we played that made him less effective. At the start of the season I think he really wanted to get the club back to the Prem but once he saw how we were going to play this season can anyone blame him for wanting to leave.