Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Say something good about NCFC

Here are some things I consider to be good about NCFC last season, can you add to them ?

• Ashton out - Earnshaw in :  we made several million in a year on a player that didnt want to be here, and put it towards a player who wants to prove himself.  8 goals from 15 appearances is a pretty good start, when you consider that the service he''s getting hasn''t been that great.  A shame we couldn''t let Ashton go when he wanted to go though, there is no point holding a player as good as Ashton back.

• 6 home wins in the last seven : Although the manner of the wins left something to be desired, the team are proving again that they can win matches.

• Finally, an away win !  In the last few games away form has started to improve, culminating in the win at Cardiff.

• Spillane - looks to be a capable player, needs more games to improve further.

• 9th place - A long way short of where we wanted to be, but it could have been a lot worse given the start of the season.

Hopefully we can start afresh in August with a couple of new signings, and a bit of confidence that this team is capable of promotion.

Isn''t it a sad indicment of our club that a thread like this even appears,after a whole season it''s hard to come up with even 1/2 dozen good things....just all a bit sad ain''t it.

The potential that was becoming evident in our front line with the understanding that was beginning to develop between Huckerby, Earnshaw, McVeigh and Etuhu. Also Gallacher (if he stays).

Why not turn this thread around and state all the good things about NCFC to look forward to next season:

• Hucks setting up more goals
  • Earnie scoring more goals
  • New home shirt - so long Superman cape collar!
  • The chance to beat the baggies
  • The chance to win three local derbies
  • The new hotel in the corner (well you could look forward to it if you need a place to stay after the game?)
  • Carrow Road having a decent atmosphere again (one way or another - whether it be Worthy turns it around or Worthy gets the sack - the atmosphere is bound to improve on this season)

[quote]Isn''t it a sad indicment of our club that a thread like this even appears,after a whole season it''s hard to come up with even 1/2 dozen good things....just all a bit sad ain''t it[/quote]

Too hard for you ?  I reckon if you put your mind to it you can do it, I have faith.

There''s always sufficient toilet roll, paper towels, hot water and liquid soap - in the Cathedral Lounge crapper on match days.......I Thankyou.....[8-|] ;~)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Stupid Barry ''What do they do up at Colney Neil'' [/quote]

Sorry, i didn''t understand that one...

[/quote]

A regular canary caller..  you have to hear him to understand i''m afraid.

[/quote] Old Barry aint been on Canary call for a while has he? Anyway i have to agree, when he was on after Millwall away that must have been the funniest caller they have ever had on!

There is more, Adam Drury retain captaincy and form, Jason Shackell will be injury-free of the start of the next season, 4 academy players given contract and chance to prove themselves next season, Paul Gallacher was in great form at the end of next season, give competition of the number 1 jersey next season!

At last, XXL16 from Hong Kong will travel from Hong Kong to Norwich City again in mid-October 2006! Good loyalty fans!!! :)

- The obvious improvement in Doherty.- The way that the board and club has handled the situation which has lead to self destruction in other clubs.- Darren Huckerby: As long as he is playing he will always be a good point about any season.- Even though we are championship we now have the following players representing their countries at various levels: Robinson, Earnshaw, Green, Safri, Doherty, Spillaine, Ryan Jarvis.- Delia again putting funds in to aid the club.- The loyalty of the fans leading to season tickets still oncourse to fill their allocation if they havent already.- The reccord high attendance levels especially given what has been going on.- For the main part - a healthy discussion on the direction of OUR club and where we want it to go/be.- The double over Warnock and the "blades" - funny that seeing he doesnt seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. . . . . .- Add to that Warnocks comment "We are going to buy Huckerby and Ashton in January" I laughed then and also laughed when they signed Akinbyi instead!!!- Watching the story of Paul McVeigh take yet another twist.- To see MacKenzie back on the pitch and running just as fast as ever.- To hear that several accademy players were deamed good enough for contracts.- Rossi Jarvis signing professional terms earlier in the season.I think that just about exhausts my knowledge and opinions at the moment.

Jesus chicken you will clutch at any straw going .As for the way Delia and the Board have handled the situation , i dont think you grasp just how ugly it is going to turn next season if Worthless messes up again . This manager must surely now be the most hated in our history bar none.

One good thing had it happend would have been ,   Mr Worthington leaving by mutal consent  OTBC

I will say something good about N.C.F.C.this season , Its in the middle of norfolk.

Remember a day spent out of norfolk is a day wasted.

The board realise that next season heralds the last of our Premiership parachute payments, and having planned to attain promotion on a shoestring for the season just gone, loosen the purse strings to allow Nigel to sign a strike partner for Earnie, a decent right midfileder, a creative midfielder, a decent right back, and cover for Doherty/Shacks in the centre of defence, we get off to a flyer and never look back, clinching promotion at the end of March 2007, we have a good cup run and get to the final of the FA cup where it transpires that beacuse of the final placings in the Prem we secure a place in the UEFA Cup. European qualification, Premiership status and loads of Premiership money mean that it is easy to attarct quality players to the club. In the 2007/2008 season we finish in the top half of the Premiership and get knocked out of the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup, a bitter pill sweetened by the fact we win the League Cup. 2008/2009 brings even more quality signings...........

Even after a very disappointing season the vast majority of the fans stay loyal to the club. Only about 200 regular protesters (if that) and a few hundred sign the Worthy Out petition (allowing for the fact that a large number voted several times).

Next year this loyalty will be rewarded - either by a better season or by a new manager. Let''s hope the disloyal don''t return.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

Even after a very disappointing season the vast majority of the fans stay loyal to the club. Only about 200 regular protesters (if that) and a few hundred sign the Worthy Out petition (allowing for the fact that a large number voted several times).

Next year this loyalty will be rewarded - either by a better season or by a new manager. Let''s hope the disloyal don''t return.

[/quote]

And maybe the loyal fans you talk of will get behind the team next season??  they dont make much noise on match days and seemed to be standing silent on match days.  If Worthy continues to play Andy Big Pile of Poo Hughes we aint gonna be going up.

"either by a better season or by a new manager. " - you dont seem to hopeful mate, I am looking forward to more left backs in midfield and strikers at right wing along with hoofs up to erny. I may start Booing Andy Hughes too he is that crap.

[/quote]

And maybe the loyal fans you talk of will get behind the team next season??  they dont make much noise on match days and seemed to be standing silent on match days.  If Worthy continues to play Andy Big Pile of Poo Hughes we aint gonna be going up.

"either by a better season or by a new manager. " - you dont seem to hopeful mate, I am looking forward to more left backs in midfield and strikers at right wing along with hoofs up to erny. I may start Booing Andy Hughes too he is that crap.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The loyal fans make lots of noise - they are the ones cheering the team, not booing them and celebrating opposition goals.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Jesus chicken you will clutch at any straw going .As for the way Delia and the Board have handled the situation , i dont think you grasp just how ugly it is going to turn next season if Worthless messes up again . This manager must surely now be the most hated in our history bar none.[/quote]

Not really he got us to the play off finals and won us promotion for thoose reasons alone he could never be the most hated. Gary Megson was much more hated.

there is one obvious plus from the season that nobodys mentioned, we finished above the scum!!

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The loyal fans make lots of noise - they are the ones cheering the team, not booing them and celebrating opposition goals.

[/quote]

do you go to matches??  noone was making noise in the norwich city end since the brighton match last season..........

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

do you go to matches??  noone was making noise in the norwich city end since the brighton match last season..........

[/quote]

It was certainly much quieter but if you didn''t hear any cheering I doubt that you were there.

N C F C and the fans will still be there long after Worthington has gone.Each new day brings his leaving closer.Bring it on .

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was certainly much quieter but if you didn''t hear any cheering I doubt that you were there.

[/quote]

lower barclay block E every game mate, silent as I have ever heard it in 11 years of attending (except the Sheffield United game).  Obviouisly you need your hearing tested.

"silent as I have ever heard it in 11 years of attending" (CJF) isn’t what you claimed before. You said "noone was making noise."

I also referred to loyal fans – not those that cheer opposition goals.

"silent as I have ever heard it in 11 years of attending" (CJF) isn’t what you claimed before. You said "noone was making noise."

I also referred to loyal fans – not those that cheer opposition goals.

[/quote]

I''m therefore not a loyal fan, because ''gasp shock horror!'' I occasionally applaud opposition goals, naughty naughty me! I therefore should be awarded an ASBO, electronically tagged, and immediately despatched to Colney''s football supporter correction centre. Where I will be indoctrinated into being a loyal NCFC supporter - who must only speak in monotone dialect, worship ''wunnerful'' Worthy and applaud and accept mediocrity!  If Gerrard had scored against us with his last minute quality equaliser that he drove in yesterday against Worst Ham - I would acknowledge with polite, although somewhat muted applause - although certainly not cheering like a whirlin'' dervish or a fan possessed.

Personally, I don''t give a toot what you interpret as a loyal fan - as I think you''re just being a pompous pedant ''Getting off on a fence!''.....