Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Our failure is complete

Yeah a player that didn''t want to play for us and left with a sell-on clause has just upped his value and made the big clubs sit up and take note...

It is a shame but no point keeping someone who doesn''t want to be here and behaves like a little girl who''s had all her toys taken away - just ask the Newcastle fans about Bellamy.

Not sure about fat but he has been anonymous this second half after such a good first half, with his only contribution being a yellow card. Although that may be down to Liverpool waking up more than anything else.

Having said that he''ll score the winner now...

All that aside this is a cracking cup final - not been one for years.

And who''d have thought one of the worst left-backs in English football would score...

Hammers are winning again...GRRR.. Konchesky scores but it was a huge fluke. Could Ashton possibly get himself a FA cup winners medal?!

This is one good  football match !   Ashton has drifted away  , probably not all that fit ?   but that Gerrard goal in the dying minutes !!     tension with a capital T  !!!      extra time  now being played  , and my bet is a shoot out  now  ? 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Dean Ashton scores in the cup final - He is fat and lazy you know........ [/quote]If he''s so great why isn''t he off to the world cup?Let me say, I''ve never doubted his ability, without a doubt the most naturally talented striker I''ve seen play for us.However.....Regardless of our poor form, he regularly got into strops on the pitch, to the dismay of the crowd and his team mates, to the point that he looked like he''d rather be playing elsewhere.Maybe Sven et al have decided hes a fair-weather player and does not possess the mentality required to play in a world cup.The last thing you need in a vital game is a player letting his head drop and slagging off his team mates.Still think he could be great for England in the future, but he needs to sort his attitude out and bloody well cheer up.

well he got a losers medal!

But what a game

and untill he got taken off, Deano was definately the man of the match, when he went off however, Gerrard took over and earnt himself the man of the match award!

Well played deano, nice poked in goal

and that through ball for the first goal, brilliant!

and we can only dream of having a midfielder like Gerrard! - He changed the game with ease in the second half

[quote user="Jimaldinho"] Could Ashton possibly get himself a FA cup winners medal?![/quote]

In answer to that question....he couldnt, unlucky Deano!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

It is a shame but no point keeping someone who doesn''t want to be here and behaves like a little girl who''s had all her toys taken away - just ask the Newcastle fans about Bellamy.

Not sure about fat but he has been anonymous this second half after such a good first half, with his only contribution being a yellow card. Although that may be down to Liverpool waking up more than anything else.

Having said that he''ll score the winner now...

[/quote]

Everyone keeps saying this about ashton that he didn''t want to stay and yes over january he wanted to go but why do you think that is? I will always blame our manager and board for ashton leaving, what did we do to try and get him to stay we signed hughes, robinson, etuthu etc ashton could see that with players of that quality we wern''t going anywhere fast and when it all started going wrong, fans turning etc he wanted out and i can''t blame him. In many matches i saw he was the only one trying, QPR away for example. We sold the one bit of english talent we have (i have to admit at a very good price, considering he did want to leave) In my eyes this can only be put right by buying the likes of jerome or nugent which i can''t really see happening?! Seeing him play today just shows more failings of our manager.

Dean was playing and scoring in the FA cup final today and getting a medal even though it was a losers.Most players never get the chance and  a day he will always remember.I wonder what glory days he will remember of Norwich and Worthington !

[quote user="london Canary"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

It is a shame but no point keeping someone who doesn''t want to be here and behaves like a little girl who''s had all her toys taken away - just ask the Newcastle fans about Bellamy.Not sure about fat but he has been anonymous this second half after such a good first half, with his only contribution being a yellow card. Although that may be down to Liverpool waking up more than anything else.Having said that he''ll score the winner now...

[/quote]

Everyone keeps saying this about ashton that he didn''t want to stay and yes over january he wanted to go but why do you think that is? I will always blame our manager and board for ashton leaving, what did we do to try and get him to stay we signed hughes, robinson, etuthu etc ashton could see that with players of that quality we wern''t going anywhere fast and when it all started going wrong, fans turning etc he wanted out and i can''t blame him. In many matches i saw he was the only one trying, QPR away for example. We sold the one bit of english talent we have (i have to admit at a very good price, considering he did want to leave) In my eyes this can only be put right by buying the likes of jerome or nugent which i can''t really see happening?! Seeing him play today just shows more failings of our manager.

[/quote]I read somewhere recently that he wanted to leave at the start of the season; not just afer our poor first half. I think he said something along the lines of "I wish I''d left Norwich in the summer", although that isn''t an exact quote, and Doncaster said they should had sold him in the summer when he made it clear his future wasn''t with Norwich City.The way I see it, he took a fat pay rise and probable signing-on fee knowing that he could leave in January if things didn''t pan out the way we all wanted (or perhaps even if they did, assuming a "big" club came in for him). Let''s be honest, he is a great player with a superb footballing mind, but he just didn''t want to play for us, and we were only a short-term stepping stone to greater things for him. You say he seemed to be the only one trying in some matches; well, some that I saw, he seemed to be disinterested and not really playing to his full potential. I lose track of the amount of decent chances he missed in those few months.Of course, you can''t neccessarily blame him for that, but in my mind at least, the squad seemed to become more settled after he had left and all the transfer speculation had settled down. Alternatively, who would have preferred us to sell him in the summer? What would that have said about our "ambition", and what affect would it have had on the morale of the fans? Personally, I think the board AND manager did the best they possibly could in difficult circumstances; and at the end of the day, we secured an excellent fee for an excellent player who simply didn''t want to wear the yellow and green.

Come on guys this is getting boring - Deano is now ancient history and playing well for another club due to any number of reasons that we would have all taken the same decision if in his shoes.

He did well for us for a while and we made a small amount of money out of him. 

Our star stiker is Earnshaw - its time to stop looking at the green grass elsewhere and focus on the good (& bad) in our own back yard.

LOL FTFW[;)]  its that dodgy old laptop keyboard - I sometimes have to press the keys 3/4 times before I get a response.   Proof reading was never my strong point.

I know which I meant but will leave it to the readers own interpretation!