Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Joe Royle for Manager

Joe Royle and the scum have parted company.  He has done an excellent job on a sinking ship, has a history of promotions and achaiving the play-offs.  With so many vacancies in the summer he will surely be looking towards a side with better chances than the scum.  he has done wonders in a side losing its  best players, year in year out.

ROYLE FOR MANAGER!!

WORTHINGTON OUT!!

hahahah!This post doesn''t even deserve the dignity of a reply really, but hey.He''s got a big fat head, he''s a judas binner scum, and he''s pretty average as a manager.Out of the frying pan into the fire? No ta.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Joe Royle and the scum have parted company.  He has done an excellent job on a sinking ship, has a history of promotions and achaiving the play-offs.  With so many vacancies in the summer he will surely be looking towards a side with better chances than the scum.  he has done wonders in a side losing its  best players, year in year out.

ROYLE FOR MANAGER!!

WORTHINGTON OUT!!

[/quote]

An Ipswich cast off for manager? What happened to the last  one we had? This has to be a wind up!

A far far better manager than the Worthless one will ever be .I really wonder sometimes why you people cannot see our manager for what he is. He should never have been given the job in the first place.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

ROYLE FOR MANAGER!!

WORTHINGTON OUT!!

[/quote]

An Ipswich cast off for manager? What happened to the last  one we had? This has to be a wind up!

[/quote]

I tell ya, I would take George Burley in an instant over our clown.....The last one we had had a poor track recolrd at every club he managed.  AndJoe Royle has done better in his managerial career than worthy will ever manage, the muppet.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

ROYLE FOR MANAGER!!

WORTHINGTON OUT!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Joe Royle IS an ex City player who I would be proud to have as our manager, unfortunatly, I fear Charlton or Middlesborough will have that benefit!.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Joe Royle said when he joined Ipswich that they would be his last club.  So I would imagine he''s looking forward to a break.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Joe Royle IS an ex City

player who I would be proud to have as our manager, unfortunatly, I

fear Charlton or Middlesborough will have that benefit!.

[/quote]

Ipswich did so well last year, I''ll bet hes the hottest property outside the premiership....

NOT!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Joe Royle IS an ex City player who I would be proud to have as our manager, unfortunatly, I fear Charlton or Middlesborough will have that benefit!.

[/quote]

Ipswich did so well last year, I''ll bet hes the hottest property outside the premiership....

NOT!
[/quote]

True Herb, but we didnt do any better having spent 5 million quid.....

WORTHY OUT!

[/quote]

NOT!
[/quote]

When you consider the pathetic resources Joe had to wok with, he did very well in my opinion, and who beat City at Carrow Road in the derby that I attended this year!.

Herb compare what Royle had in his squad and the money available to what the Irish Wizzard had , Worthless would not get a job a league lower he is clueless and useless.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]

Herb compare what Royle had in his squad and the money available to what the Irish Wizzard had , Worthless would not get a job a league lower he is clueless and useless.

[/quote]Thats a possible factor, but would you want to chance it? You''d be happy giving a manager with his record loads of money in the summer? I think hes got a big fat head and we should never let him anywhere near our club again.I''m no Worthington apologist, this season has been unacceptable, but theres no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.If we are to replace the manager, we need to aim a lot higher than Royle.

[quote user="Herb"]Thats a possible factor, but would you want to chance it? You''d be happy giving a manager with his record loads of money in the summer? [/quote]Would you be happy giving Worthington loads of money in the summer with his fantastic record in the transfer market?I wouldn''t want either of them in charge of this football club. They are now certainly both past their sell by date and Ipswich have recognised that fact and moved to make changes before it effects them to a point where they''ll be restructuring and recovering for a long time in the future. By making the change now if they get in the right man they could be again challenging for promotion within the next couple of years. We sadly have a board, or at least a section of the board who still believe he''s the right man. I like many others feel he''s run out of ideas and the players don''t have the confidence in him anymore that he is the man to take the club forward. If we made a change now we would stand a good chance of making the playoffs but it would seem Worthy is going to be in charge for the next 6 months and I for one don''t expect much to change from this season regarding tactics, signings etc.

To be frank I''m getting a bit p****d off with the mindless negativity

regarding Worthy. I''m not a KTFer but let''s consider a few facts for a

change: Worthy was able to spend the alleged £5mn because he''d got us

promoted to the Prem with all the associated dosh the season before.

Correct me if I''m wrong but Royle didn''t get Ipswich promoted, bottling

out at the play-off stage when they did have a chance. We, on the other

hand, were a penalty shoot-out away from the Prem before we actually

got promoted as champions and, despite having a crap season ourselves,

we''ve finished above them. Obviously, everything good that has happened

to NCFC over the past 5 years has been down to luck on Worthy''s part

whereas everything that''s been bad has been down to his atrocious

management. Ipswich have been in dire financial straits because the

other darling of the WO brigade, George Burley, together with

Sheepshanks almost bankrupted them when they were in the Prem and took

them from Europe to relegation in a single season. I quite agree that

both Burley''s and Royle''s teams have played attractive football but,

certainly in the case of the latter, he has not got a better record of

achievement than Worthy so why should we want him?

Ricko

This has just got to be a Wind Up - JR: an advocate for the Long Ball Game and one Lone Striker. Plays 4-5-1 even at Home. Hoof Hoof in other words. Is that what you want?  Looking at who might be available if we ditch Worthington, I would put Royle at about number 200. Now Billie Davies at Preston would be a far better choice, if we really are in the Market for a new Manager (however unlikely)

A proven record of getting different clubs to the play offs and beyond from this league playing football rather than hoof ball with a reputation for developing youth with a good mix of  experience and new players.  

Lost ALL his key players in the summer but given next to none of the income and asked to compete with the youth team depite agreements with his board on this approach.  Was as likely as us to make the play offs this season despite having the fraction of money our manager did and played us of the park when we were ''on a roll''.

Royles credentials are impeccable and credible as a manager, irrespective of the fact he managed ipswich; but he has long said Ipswich was his last club and any manager at that age with an eye on retirement is pure short term-ism and we should look elsewhere.    

[/quote]

NOT!
[/quote]

he took them to the play-offs twice in 3 and a half season''s in charge, whilst losing his best players year in year out and having very little rescources.  Worthy has had 5 million this year....

[quote user="Ricko"]To be frank I''m getting a bit p****d off with the mindless negativity regarding Worthy. I''m not a KTFer but let''s consider a few facts for a change: Worthy was able to spend the alleged £5mn because he''d got us promoted to the Prem with all the associated dosh the season before. Correct me if I''m wrong but Royle didn''t get Ipswich promoted, bottling out at the play-off stage when they did have a chance. We, on the other hand, were a penalty shoot-out away from the Prem before we actually got promoted as champions and, despite having a crap season ourselves, we''ve finished above them. Obviously, everything good that has happened to NCFC over the past 5 years has been down to luck on Worthy''s part whereas everything that''s been bad has been down to his atrocious management. Ipswich have been in dire financial straits because the other darling of the WO brigade, George Burley, together with Sheepshanks almost bankrupted them when they were in the Prem and took them from Europe to relegation in a single season. I quite agree that both Burley''s and Royle''s teams have played attractive football but, certainly in the case of the latter, he has not got a better record of achievement than Worthy so why should we want him?

Ricko

[/quote]

well said

[quote user="Ricko"]To be frank I''m getting a bit p****d off with the mindless negativity regarding Worthy. I''m not a KTFer but let''s consider a few facts for a change: Worthy was able to spend the alleged £5mn because he''d got us promoted to the Prem with all the associated dosh the season before. Correct me if I''m wrong but Royle didn''t get Ipswich promoted, bottling out at the play-off stage when they did have a chance. We, on the other hand, were a penalty shoot-out away from the Prem before we actually got promoted as champions and, despite having a crap season ourselves, we''ve finished above them. Obviously, everything good that has happened to NCFC over the past 5 years has been down to luck on Worthy''s part whereas everything that''s been bad has been down to his atrocious management. Ipswich have been in dire financial straits because the other darling of the WO brigade, George Burley, together with Sheepshanks almost bankrupted them when they were in the Prem and took them from Europe to relegation in a single season. I quite agree that both Burley''s and Royle''s teams have played attractive football but, certainly in the case of the latter, he has not got a better record of achievement than Worthy so why should we want him?

Ricko

[/quote]

Royle, with a side that has had to lose its players year in year out has made the play offs twice in 3 and a half seasons.  Man city he got promoted, and oldham many years ago, he also won an FA Cup.  OK ipswich lost, but so did we...   Steve Bruce''s side had been practising penalties - we didnt, in fact Daryl Sutch took one!!!!!

Yes it was great Darren Huckerby shooting uis to the prem, but since then our manager has taken us backwards..  If you cant see it in the playing staff then I don''t know what team you are watching??  this hasnt just been a bad season, but an aoppalling lowering in the quality of the squad!!!  to be blunt almost all players signed in the last 2 years have been poop.  barring Ashton and Erny (and Safri but it took worthy 6 months to realise he was any good).

And yes he got the opportunity to spend the 5 million, he has failed to improve the squad with it however....  he needs removing now...

Where does this £5 million come from? I can only assume it''s 500k for

Hughes, 450k for Etuhu, 250k for Colin, 50k for Robinson + 3.75mn for

Earnie. I think everyone else we signed was either on a free or on

loan. That then ignores the 7+mn we got for Ashton, the 700k for Jonson

etc. - basically Worthy has spent his money on the basis of who has

gone out + some income made available for transfers by the board. As we

have no idea of wages we can''t comment on the size of this season''s

wage bill compared to last. Generally speaking with those resources you

are going to be looking at fringe Prem or foreign club players, proven

Champ players or up-and-coming players from lower leagues. Like any

other manager Worthy has had to juggle with those players he knows will

stay, those who are likely to go, and what''s available in the market at

the moment when you''ve actually got some cash to spend. Few would argue

with the signings that were made on the basis of their reputations -

Hughes I would imagine would be the main objection - they just

sometimes can''t be made to work effectively as a team. I accept that

Worthy has made some seemingly bizarre decisions concerning team

selection, that too often the midfield has been bypassed with hopeless

long balls  and that certain performances have been unacceptable

but I refuse to accept that there are no positives to be taken from the

season. No other team in England retrieved something from a game as

many times as we did after falling behind. That raises the question of

why we fell behind so often in the first place but it says something

about team spirit and our capacity to impose ourselves on the

opposition when we had to. Towards the end of the season we began to

see some signs that a settled side could begin to play some decent

football which augurs well for next season. I''d give Worthy 10-12 games

at the start of next season - the damage of a poor start wouldn''t be

irreparable - but I''m not convinced there''s anyone much better out

there.

[quote user="Ricko"]Where does this £5 million come from? I can only assume it''s 500k for Hughes, 450k for Etuhu, 250k for Colin, 50k for Robinson + 3.75mn for Earnie. I think everyone else we signed was either on a free or on loan. That then ignores the 7+mn we got for Ashton, the 700k for Jonson etc. - basically Worthy has spent his money on the basis of who has gone out + some income made available for transfers by the board. As we have no idea of wages we can''t comment on the size of this season''s wage bill compared to last. Generally speaking with those resources you are going to be looking at fringe Prem or foreign club players, proven Champ players or up-and-coming players from lower leagues. Like any other manager Worthy has had to juggle with those players he knows will stay, those who are likely to go, and what''s available in the market at the moment when you''ve actually got some cash to spend. Few would argue with the signings that were made on the basis of their reputations - Hughes I would imagine would be the main objection - they just sometimes can''t be made to work effectively as a team. I accept that Worthy has made some seemingly bizarre decisions concerning team selection, that too often the midfield has been bypassed with hopeless long balls  and that certain performances have been unacceptable but I refuse to accept that there are no positives to be taken from the season. No other team in England retrieved something from a game as many times as we did after falling behind. That raises the question of why we fell behind so often in the first place but it says something about team spirit and our capacity to impose ourselves on the opposition when we had to. Towards the end of the season we began to see some signs that a settled side could begin to play some decent football which augurs well for next season. I''d give Worthy 10-12 games at the start of next season - the damage of a poor start wouldn''t be irreparable - but I''m not convinced there''s anyone much better out there.
[/quote]Theres no such thing as a FREE in football nowadays, Jarrett and Thorne will both have had hefty signing on fees for the dubious pleasure of their services this season, and the loan deals, by the very nature, expensive, will have cost a tidy sum in terms of loan fees, and exhorbitant premier league wages.On the face of it, 5 million seems a conservative fugure.