Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

Parky to Ipswich

It looks likely that Phil Parkinson will got to Ipswich...just up the road from Colchester. Sadly it seems the Binners are better these days at spotting talent and acting quickly. Have to feel for Colchester though...

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]It looks likely that Phil Parkinson will got to Ipswich...just up the road from Colchester. Sadly it seems the Binners are better these days at spotting talent and acting quickly. Have to feel for Colchester though...[/quote]

Wouldn''t bet on it myself. He may be feeling fairly loyal to Colchester and his players after the season they have had and decide to give it a season or two more where he is. I also feel that few, if any, of the Colchester players will be leaving for the same reason, unless it is to a Prem club which would involve a massive wages hike of course.

Mark .Y.

now that Ipswich and Colchester are in the same league why would he want to move? Colchester and Southend are no longer feeder clubs or retirement homes for us and the Binners they are in our league now.

Why wouldn''t he ?  Loyalty.  It''s an old-fashioned term, but it might still apply to a manager who has brought his players up a league.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Why wouldn''t he ?  Loyalty.  It''s an old-fashioned term, but it might still apply to a manager who has brought his players up a league.[/quote]

I would like to think that I''d want to give it a go in the higher division with the side that I had just brought up, though that does imply that the players do the same.....of course in the real world this is probably something which won''t happen (Norwich - well, the fans at least - for starters, have our eyes on at least a couple of their better players!).  

He will also be aware of the animosity that Colchester fans already feel towards Ipswich, and that he would go from hero to scumbag in their eyes if he went to Portman Road. That doesn''t always bother managers, but I reckon he will decide to stay at Layer Road and guide them through their first season in the championship. Having said that, I wouldn''t mind at all if he became our manager instead.....

I think he''ll join Ipswich. He''s done a fantastic job with Colchester, but Ipswich are a far bigger club - facilities, support etc.

Parkinson is ambitious and presumably Ipswich will pay around the same salary Royle was on. Apparently, when interviewed on SGR radio he didn''t deny/refute the chance of joining Ipswich.

Sad to say Ipswich have a shedful of young talent and any young manager would relish the chance of working with such potential.

Oh well.....we''ve got Worthy!

He''s going to join Norwich and bring a few players with him

Worthy is "going upstairs"

Wait and see...

Danns and Halford to be binners next season then.

Well done Delia for not pulling ur finger out!

jas :)