Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Us Next Year...

From the last 12 games we''ve got 22 points. If we take that sort of form throughout the length of a season, we''d get third, with roughly 80 points. That''s including games away to Palace, Cardiff, Leeds and Preston, and home games with Sheffield United and arguably the form team in the division: Leciester.

Personally, i can''t see what all the over the top fuss is about. Fair enough, we''ve played appallingly in most of those 12 games, but we''ve ground out results and some good results at that.

Gallacher is looking great, and if we can get a couple of million for Green it''ll be a great sale. He IS England''s number three, so we should be able to get that sort of money for him. We know now that Safri has been in severe need of a gall bladder operation since January, so once he''s abck to fitness for the new season, he''ll be back to his best. McVeigh has come on leaps and bounds, and Earnie has started banging them in, consistently. Also, Spillane is looking like a great prospect at the back or, preferably in the middle.

There''s also the prospect of getting in some loan players. Marney was looking alright until he got injured.

If we spend a little cash, of which we have some available now after the £350,000 we''ve received recently from West Ham and Wigan, and fill in the problem positions of centre-mid alongside Safri, and right-back, i see no reason why we can''t challenge next season.

In my opinion, we all need to get together and abck the club. Nigel is going nowhere, as the board have made crystal clear on more than once lately. Protesting makes you look silly right now: if we beat Wolves at fortress Carrow Road in the last game of the season, we come seventh. Is that really so bad, considering our shocking start to the season?

[I] What does everyone else think?

que the WOs slagging off the post aimlessly....

Never mind the aimless slagging off, how about some considered thought.

Why should the last twelve games, in which you admit yourself we''ve been pretty dreadful, be any guide to next season? Many of them were against sides with nothing left to play this season so they scarely provide a form guide.

If you want to assess our progress, or lack of it, look at the season.Yes we could still finish 7th but pointswise that would still be miles off the playoffs. This with a squad that was generally accepted at the start of the season to be the best in the division. We were also the bookmakers favourites to win the league.

So to miss the play offs by the margin we have is IMO a dismal failure, and its a failure that will be repeated next season unless something changes. At the moment I see no sign of anything changing at Carrow Road and that includes the way we have played in the last dozen games.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

Never mind the aimless slagging off, how about some considered thought.

Why should the last twelve games, in which you admit yourself we''ve been pretty dreadful, be any guide to next season? Many of them were against sides with nothing left to play this season so they scarely provide a form guide.

If you want to assess our progress, or lack of it, look at the season.Yes we could still finish 7th but pointswise that would still be miles off the playoffs. This with a squad that was generally accepted at the start of the season to be the best in the division. We were also the bookmakers favourites to win the league.

So to miss the play offs by the margin we have is IMO a dismal failure, and its a failure that will be repeated next season unless something changes. At the moment I see no sign of anything changing at Carrow Road and that includes the way we have played in the last dozen games.

[/quote]

absolutely agree Creative...well said

At last someone looks at a few positives.

Worthington is still going to be at the helm for the start of next season - people should accept that rather than stamping their feet and throwing tantrums. Maybe we should just wait and see what happens, I personally think he has the ability to turn it around but success will come from how well the summer midfield re-building progress goes.

If we''re not setting the league alight come Christmas, then I''m sure the board will make the important decision.

If we''re not setting the league alight come Christmas, then I''m sure the board will make the important decision

If  the stupid and inept board hang on as long as Christmas mate, that''ll be another season wasted, making three on a trot.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

If we''re not setting the league alight come Christmas, then I''m sure the board will make the important decision

If  the stupid and inept board hang on as long as Christmas mate, that''ll be another season wasted, making three on a trot.

[/quote]

And the following season will see a MAJOR restructuring - many players will go, as wolves are doing now.  Its ok though Dickson will still be ambling around until 2009!!

I seem to remember starting this season saying that with a little bit of money spent on right back, right midfield and someone to replace Francis and we would be fine.   Now another season later someone is saying it again.   Nigel has spent over £5M, how much more are we going to let him waste.

We need a Manager that can hang onto decent players, not have to keep buying and getting in loans at every opportunity.

I must admit, although I openly said Nigel was a poor tactical and people manager last season, I still thought we would get straight back up this season.   I do not thing we have any chance with the current shambles this time around.

Form over the last part of a season means very little, our form at the end of our premiership folly was enough to put us in chamions league contention, yet look at us now.

From the last 2 games we have 6 points and plus 2 goal difference - so my interpretation of that is a record 138 points and +46 goal difference - no less preposterous than any other comments on current form - football is not played on paper and the final table not influenced by either Ifs nor what we do when a season is dead - as it has been since Feb. 

Its all well and good performing when there is nothing on the outcome of the game - how did we do in the key crunch games this season - games we had to win to keep a folly of a promotion challenge alive - Palace, Reading,Burnley/Preston away, Preston at home?  Thats right some of the well over a dozen no shows this season... and all in the good second half of the season - they are 20% of the games in that half...

If we''re not setting the league alight come Christmas, then I''m sure the board will make the important decision.

Deja-vu or what!!Are you going save that quote for every season?After a totally tactically inept season,you are prepared to throw half of the next away?