Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Madjid Bougherra - Perfect partner for Shackell!

He''s been playing at Crewe on loan this season and has been very good! The French club he plays for (Guergon) only want £350,000 for him.

This guy would be te perfect partner for shackell in central defence. Also Madjid is Algerian so he may like the fact that Safri is at the club!

Seriously Worthy, Have a look!

Madjid Bougherra  
Real nameMadjid Bougherra  
Height6.02  
Weight14.00  
Date of birth07-10-1982  
Place of birthLongvic, France  
PositionDefender  
NationalityAlgeria  

Current Club
Currently playing forCrewe  
Signed on 31-01-2006  
FeeSigned  
Squad number40

wouldn''t mind him coming in. although i cant see him getting a first team place currently. but we are short of center backs now, so he could be an option.

I think I only saw him on Sky a couple of times last season, if that. But he didnt impress me at all...

Hmmmmmmm. The words Jurgen, Colin and Mk2 spring to mind. I''m not keen on another foriegn import, to be honest.

And so it starts.  The long, long summer of suggestions that we should sign every player available whether good or not.  Still it''s better than all the Worthy in/out stuff I guess.

I know the perfect partner for Shackell.

Gary Doherty.

Now, if only we could  .... oh.

And now we are linked to a left sided midfielder according to the pink un.

More worrying in someways is the focus on a steve howard type striker - admittedly a must IF we are to stick with hoofball but perm earie with jarvis, wly, hux or leon (pure speculation would he be happy with a target man and earnie here? or is it good bye leon?) with a passing, creative midfield that strike force is still as potentially potent as any in the division - but so was this years.    

Based on the video he looks very good - strong in the tackle, great at going forward and good at passing it out of defence. However I can''t help but thinking this video is biast and has clearly cut out all the bad bits. I would like to see a more consistent view of his performance over the course of a whole game before making a judgement.

He''s far too good for us. What would we do with someone who can run forward with the ball, intercept and anticipate passes from the opposition, challenge and stand up to aggressive strikers and take on players under pressure?

We need someone who can hoof the ball straight to the opposition.