Sign in to follow this  
Kit Wozniak

Next season

After reading some of the posts on this message board, i feel i should post my thoughts as a home and away season ticket holder. There is alot of negitivity amongst angry supporters which is understandable. However, alot of these negitive comments are coming from supporters who ''want'' worthy out. What i would like to say is where was this club the day he took over? The answer to that is a stuggling championship club. Since Nigel took over we have had 3 good seasons in the championship and eventually got promoted (with limited funds) taking us to the ''promised'' land. Against all odds we got relegated on the last day as you all know - but worthington should be thanked for giving us the experience of watching our team play in the top flight. I know expectations are now high within Norwich, but one bad season shouldn''t result in Worthington leaving. Yes, we possibly should of done better this season and got promoted but things just havn''t happened and this is not all down to worthington. Although i think he has done a bad job this season (just missing out on the playoffs) this is due to a lack of passion on the pitch due to low motivational levels, and the wrong signings - e.g Andy Hughes, Jason Jarret and Dickson etethu. However due to this i don''t believe Nigel should leave as one bad season can be put right the following season. Alot of you may think its going to be the same next season (e.g same old rubish signings), but you should give the guy a chance. After all one bad season in many good years can be forgiven surely??. I can also think of alot more good signings than bad since Worthington has arrived. Give him a chance for next season and i think alot of you will be surprised. A few signitures arriving at the club could lead to sucess - if he brings in the correct ones i.e. a right sided midfielder as well as strengthanging at the back (right back needed in my opinion). Im unsure over Worthington now but i do belive we should give him another season, after all the years he has gave us since he arrived at the club have been decent in contrast to previous years.

OTBC

The football during the tenure of Nigel Worthington has been abyssmal, this standard may be acceptable to you, but now the results are as poor as performance, it has infuriated an additional element of the clubs supporters.  Some were never happy with the appointment as his managerial track record left a lot to be desired and remains so.  You are obviously impressed and easily so.  Another year of Worthington will be disastrous and he certainly deserves to be shown the door.

out of eighty signings in 5yrs how many have come off, less than 15? he keeps chopping and changing bringing in players that are worth diddly squat and you say we should give him a chance? how do you call the last TWO seasons one bad season, or do you consider relegation a success? you are just another person living in the past, whats gone is gone yes he did well for 3 seasons but for 2 seasons its been poor, and that is what is alarming. not many people can see it changing under the present management team. you talk about motivation of players, whose job is that? the managers i think! i am a worthy outer but as i said on a previous poster i am prepared to give him a chance if he would accept hes made mistakes and tries to turn things around, but sadly i cant see either of those things happening. this after all is the team that worthy built so the fault lies mainly, although not completely, at his feet.

out of eighty signings in 5yrs how many have come off, less than 15? he keeps chopping and changing bringing in players that are worth diddly squat and you say we should give him a chance? how do you call the last TWO seasons one bad season, or do you consider relegation a success? you are just another person living in the past, whats gone is gone yes he did well for 3 seasons but for 2 seasons its been poor, and that is what is alarming. not many people can see it changing under the present management team. you talk about motivation of players, whose job is that? the managers i think! i am a worthy outer but as i said on a previous poster i am prepared to give him a chance if he would accept hes made mistakes and tries to turn things around, but sadly i cant see either of those things happening. this after all is the team that worthy built so the fault lies mainly, although not completely, at his feet.

CAN U BLAME HIM FOR BRINGING INNEW PLAYERS, ALL THE GOODS PLAYERS WE HAVE ASHTON, FRANICS, HELVEG, JONSON, SVENSON THEY ALL WANT OUT. CONSIDERING THE BUDGET HE HAS HAD OVER THE YEARS TO GET US TO THE PREMIERSHIP, BEATING MAN UTD 2-0  I WAS AT CARDIFF LAST WEEKEND, I THOUGHT IT WAS A SOLID PREFORMANCE AND A FANTASTIC WIN, AND THE QPR GAME THATS WHAT FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT. EVEN WITH A BAD PREFORMANCE WE MANAGED TO PULL OF A WIN. I HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING NORWICH ALL MY LIFE AND TRUST ME THERE HAVE BEEN SOME MUCH WORSE TIMES THEN THIS. WHEN WORTHY TOOK OVER WE WERE NOTHING, A TEAM IN DECLINE NOW WE ARE MOANING THAT WE ARE NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS. WE AHEAD OF IPSWICH...SURLEY THAT MUST COUNT FOR SOMETHING. GIVE WORTHY A BREAK AND STOP MOANING AND GET BEHIND HIM AND THE TEAM....I SUGGEST YOU RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET FOR NEXT SEASON IF U GOT 1, I KNOW IM RENEWING MINE. GET BEHIND THE TEAM. COME ON MATE "LETS BE HAVING YOU"

[quote user="Kit Wozniak"]

CAN U BLAME HIM FOR BRINGING INNEW PLAYERS, ALL THE GOODS PLAYERS WE HAVE ASHTON, FRANICS, HELVEG, JONSON, SVENSON THEY ALL WANT OUT. CONSIDERING THE BUDGET HE HAS HAD OVER THE YEARS TO GET US TO THE PREMIERSHIP, BEATING MAN UTD 2-0  I WAS AT CARDIFF LAST WEEKEND, I THOUGHT IT WAS A SOLID PREFORMANCE AND A FANTASTIC WIN, AND THE QPR GAME THATS WHAT FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT. EVEN WITH A BAD PREFORMANCE WE MANAGED TO PULL OF A WIN. I HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING NORWICH ALL MY LIFE AND TRUST ME THERE HAVE BEEN SOME MUCH WORSE TIMES THEN THIS. WHEN WORTHY TOOK OVER WE WERE NOTHING, A TEAM IN DECLINE NOW WE ARE MOANING THAT WE ARE NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS. WE AHEAD OF IPSWICH...SURLEY THAT MUST COUNT FOR SOMETHING. GIVE WORTHY A BREAK AND STOP MOANING AND GET BEHIND HIM AND THE TEAM....I SUGGEST YOU RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET FOR NEXT SEASON IF U GOT 1, I KNOW IM RENEWING MINE. GET BEHIND THE TEAM. COME ON MATE "LETS BE HAVING YOU"

[/quote]

and if we are 9th next season after 10 games, playing as we are now what then??

[quote user="pete"]The football during the tenure of Nigel Worthington has been abyssmal, this standard may be acceptable to you, but now the results are as poor as performance, it has infuriated an additional element of the clubs supporters.  Some were never happy with the appointment as his managerial track record left a lot to be desired and remains so.  You are obviously impressed and easily so.  Another year of Worthington will be disastrous and he certainly deserves to be shown the door.[/quote]Ok so if it has been so unbelievably diar where have all the protests been? Where have the comments on this board been? Where have all of the inciteful comments into Worthingtons shortfalls been?No where nothing to be seen untill this season. Yes I do remember that some of us - including myself I may add - were unsure when he was appointed as care-taker manager. But by the end of that campaign many were calling for him to be given a chance because he had done wonders with the team.We had players sitting in the reserves happy to kick their heels and get money for it - he got two of them on the pitch and turned them into modern heroes in Malky and Steeno. He also turned a quiet little Irishman who seemed a bit of stupid signing (if I am brutally honest) by Hamilton and turned him into the goalscoring magic making Paul McVeigh.As for his reccord - Harry Rednaps reccord isnt exactly glittering is it? How many managers out there get off to really great starts in their careers? What was your first few months like in your current profession? He was cutting his teeth.80 signings - that is truly amazing if it is true (which I doubt). If it is true then perhaps you should also take into account the amount of money he has used in the last 5 years to bring in those players. Most of the flops have been frees - not all but most of them which in my books makes them a good gamble. And how many of them were really that big a flop? He didnt turn this team into a good team overnight - it took him a couple of seasons. That team grew old and has gone - new players have been brought in and need to be given a chance. If the manager is changed now I feel we would not be looking at a top six finnish next season just another season of "chopping and changing" experimenting. And if we are lucky no injuries that have brought about a lot of the changes this term.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

[/quote]80 Signings? Only fifteen? Well what about the Drury, Edworthy, Huckerby, Holt, Francis all involved in the promotion season for a start? Add to that the loan signings of Crouch and Harper. And then the signing of Ward and Gallacher on frees. Plus Docherty, Safri, Ashton, Shackell (yes thats right Worthington signed him by offering pro terms), MacKenzie, Earnshaw, Svensson and they are mainly from the last couple of seasons.I think other players like Easton were not nessisarily exceptional players but were players a step in the right direction and away from the likes of Forbes, Carey, Llewelyn, Coote etc. half of which now play for Kings Lynn!!!

[quote]CAN U BLAME HIM FOR BRINGING INNEW PLAYERS, ALL THE G.........[/quote]Have you not heard of netiquette? That key on the left, half way up of the keyboard,  its called caps lock, take it off[quote]SOLID PREFORMANCE AND A FANTASTIC WIN[/quote]Far too little, Far too late. It means nothing, cardiff probably didn''t care, the amount of chances they had probably could have beaten us easy if they we''re really trying.[quote]THEY ALL WANT OUT.[/quote]I wonder why, maybe it because we''re a poor performing club and they want to go to better clubs. Whos fault is that I wonder? plus even with all these good player worthy still couldn''t bring us success, that says something surely? I admit he worked wonders with the club but the last 2 seasons have not been successful, yes we had some fun games in the premiership but I would trade the 2-0 victory over man utd for Norwich''s premiership survival any day. For me this is his last chance, as our final season of parachute payments from the premiership how much longer after are we finacially viable, will we be able to keep players or staff who are on high wages?[quote]WE WERE NOTHING, A TEAM IN DECLINE[/quote]We are not that team anymore, expectations are different and much higher because we can be up there, especially with the team we started with.[quote]WE AHEAD OF IPSWICH...[/quote]A very small and minor victory, if we beat wolves this weekend it will bring a smile to my face, knowing we finished above both sc*m but ultimatly it means nothing.If worthy can turn it around, fair play to him, I''ll have nothing but respect and I''ll even swallow my pride and admit I was wrong. But if he can''t then he should leave, I dont care about whos in charge or whos playing (to a degree) what I care about most is the success of the club.

Is it really 80 signings in 5 seasons?  16 new players a season? No wonder we struggle for fluency! 

So much for delias stability is core theory - perhaps the manager should practice what the board preaches!

chicken, you really are in love with worthington arent you? if he is as wonderful as you seem to think, as i asked earlier why has nobody bigger and better than city tried to lure him away? of the players you mentioned you forgot many others particularly this season such as rehman, wright, thorne, hughes, dickson whereru, colin, louis-jean.there are countless others im sure but instead of wasting money on crap he could and should give youth a chance. he may have signed shackell but what about other youngsters? wake up for gods sake and realise he has lost the plot and unless something is done soon many people cannot see the chance of any change. i hope and pray that he will turn it around as he seems set to stay but i, along with many others, dont think he can.

wosniak, you too seem to think one swallow makes a summer, i have renewed my season ticket because i support the team not worthington, he is an autocratic buffoon. what is our away record under worthy, crap thats what it is!