Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

your best and worst ncfc kit?

I didn''t really like any of the Colman''s kits we had except for the white away one which I thought was out best for a while and would like to see an all white away kit return next season. People say the bird mess shirt we had around 93 was one of the ugliest but I actually quite liked it, probably to do with how we were doing in the kit rather than its appearance.

There is something about teh bird poo one that makes me remember it fondly.... It is hard not to associate shirts with the level of football at the time. Not too sure about the past two, not nearly as bad as the all yellow one(which would have been great with a normal collar and green shorts) and the stupid one with a line of green that followed it.

How about a shirt next season that is all yellow, with a normal green collar, and green shorts. Rather like the one we had when we went down (minus the odd zigzags), and a better run of results!

John Motson described our 1992 kit as "egg yolk and salad cress". If we''d have worn that kit and not finished 3rd and gotten into Europe I think most people would agree that it was the ugliest football kit in history. However, since every time we wore it we produced the goods (in style!) people are more fond of it in hindsight. Who knows, maybe it put our opposition off?

Worst kit ever has to be this seasons. Would have been OK, had it not been for the attrocious collar and bizarre length/breadth issues.