Sign in to follow this  
Kit Wozniak

HUCKERBY SHOCKER!

HUCKERBY TO LIVERPOOL - PREPARED TO PAY OUT 3 MILLION TO LURE HIM TO ANFIELD DUE TO SOURCES I KNOW.

PROABLY PATHETIC BUT JUST WHAT I HEARD

He''s going nowhere. He has stated on numerous occasions that he is very happy here, and has no plans to move anywhere else for the remainder of his career (famous last words!)

Ok - where would they play him? On the left? So he is better than Harry Kewel? Upfront - unfortunately they need a predatory goalscorer and while Hucks can be he isnt as reliable as say Morientes perhaps not even a fit Fowler.This is last years rumour thrown out to the trash where some unssuspecting person has picked it up thinking it some sort of secret dossier . . . . ..

The fact that you put all of that in capitals has already reduced the respectability of your post, if its possible that it could go lower, this rumor couldn''t be more ridiculous

This same rumour first appeared months ago but I can''t see it happening! He is guaranteed first team football here & if he signed for Liverpool he would warm the bench. He keeps stating he''s happy here & wants to finish his career at Norwich. Plus I think he likes the big fish in a little pond scenario!!!

If i remember last season at about January, the same rumour appeared on the liverpool official site. However it would never happen as Hucks just isnt simply good enough to displace someone like Kewell from the starting line up. I dont think Hucks would leave anyway as he likes living here and loves the club and would want to help fire us back to the Prem and finish his career with Norwich.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]The fact that you put all of that in capitals has already reduced the respectability of your post, if its possible that it could go lower, this rumor couldn''t be more ridiculous
[/quote]

The worry for me UEA(or great apprentice one!) is that I saw this in my balls, although not Liverpool, its still very worrying indeed!.

[quote]although not Liverpool[/quote]But surely any smaller club wouldn''t really be able to persuade him to leave, anything bigger than relegated clubs either have better or can buy better. I have faith that Huckerby knows where his loyalty lies and that any move would be too much of a risk. His wife loves living here, he loves living here, the crowd adores him, hes playing some great football and I bet he has got a decent wage. But having said that a failure to improve will probably see him go to a better championship club next season.

I wouldn''t rubbish this entirely guys. £3 million is probably about right.  Personally, I''d rather have Huckerby in my team than a £7million Dean Ashton for example.

And the Liverpool thing is old news. Rafael Benitez admitted he was a Huckerby fan last season and they were one of the five Premiership clubs who supposedly made offers for him in the summer.

Not that Huckerby will go anyway though so it''s a redundant arguement. Darren says he''s at Norwich for life now and I have no reason not to believe him. Hucks is a legend.

More cash thanWorthy has ever dreamed of to waste on  many a hoofballer,if it happens.Lets all hope not.

£3 million is about right ? yeah ok but in the real world you would be very very lucky to get a million for him , Citys best player yes but he would not get into the Liverpool team full stop .

I think you are right beds - but never say never; a week is a long time in football and during the summer so much could change - I dont think it will but it could

Please god don''t let what''s been happening at home games, especially QPR and Brighton, make him change his mind.  He''s spoken out about it after all.  My head says he''s been round the block far too many times to let that sway him.  My heart is afraid. 

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]£3 million is about right ? yeah ok but in the real world you would be very very lucky to get a million for him , Citys best player yes but he would not get into the Liverpool team full stop .[/quote]

If this rumour is true then it will be the second time that Liverpool and Benitez have tried to sign him  -  but if you say he would not get into the Liverpool team full stop then obviously he wouldn''t.

[quote user="BedsCanary"]

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]£3 million is about right ? yeah ok but in the real world you would be very very lucky to get a million for him , Citys best player yes but he would not get into the Liverpool team full stop .[/quote]

If this rumour is true then it will be the second time that Liverpool and Benitez have tried to sign him  -  but if you say he would not get into the Liverpool team full stop then obviously he wouldn''t.

[/quote]

The important thing to remember here , is that Benitez   would not do a Nigel  on Hucks  ! like permanently sticking him deep on the left  ......     Hucks ability to thread through defenders   would be devastating   as part of a three prong attack   , maybe Benitez sees Hucks  as  adding that little extra  something up front   , when the defenders are proving  hard to beat ?  Hucks reputation   would mean  him getting close attention  anywhere near the box   , and Hucks   will get the Pool  scores of free kicks !

OK  , it does look as though  Hucks has set his stall out  at Norwich   , but ,as Zipper has said  , things can change rapidly  in football   , Liverpool  is a massive club  , with  incredible  financial reserves ,  and a huge fan base  ,   they would think nothing of fixing Hucks up with a house in the Birkenhead area , or even Nth Wales , and private schools for the kids ....   you just never know [:-*]