Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

"I know perfectly well this club has no chance of progressing under Worthington" - and other such ridiculous statements

"If Worthington stays in post, it''ll be Championship football for the next 5 years"

"I know Worthy is useless as fact"

This is pathetic, the lowest form of  "my dad''s better than your

dad" debate that contributes NOTHING to the debate and just underlines

the intelligence levels we are dealing with on these boards nowadays.

The more fanatical WOers, the authors of quotes such as this, have

turned this in to nothing more than a hysterical witch hunt that masks

genuine and legitimate concerns on both sides of the WO and KTF debate.

Anyone can play along with this if they want to...

"If Worthington stays in post we''ll get promoted next year."

It''s no more outrageous than the "we''ll be playing champ football for 5 years with worthy" quote!

And as for "i know worthy is useless"... Who is this great

football oracle? Is there anything else this person "knows" that we

ought to know? Surely we should seek him out and seek his advice on all

things football. Send the FA round ''cos presumbaly he "knows" who the

next England manager should be, and who should be in the world cup

squad.

He is the great one, he "knows"!

Can you tell me why the "we''ll be playing champ football for 5 years with worthy" quote is outrageous? This is an OPINION, so what makes that opinion so unacceptable, just because it differs from yours?

For example, I may have the opinion that Curbishley should be the next England manager, whilst you may think that Big Sam should be picked. Using the above rationale, my opinion about Curbishley is "outrageous" because it differs from yours!  

As for the cause of your original ''outrage'', we''ve failed to live up to expectations for the past two seasons - what makes you positive that Worthington will turn it around? My opinion is that we will  fail to do so whilst NW is in charge. Is it OK with you to have an opinion? 

"If Worthington stays in post, it''ll be Championship football for the next 5 years"This is an opinion and I believe people are entitled to it. I dont necessarily share it but that doesn''t mean I''m going to shout it down as rubbish.People are allowed to say what they think will happen it may not be

true, just so long as they bare in mind that these kind of comments are

not facts and only opinions."I know Worthy is useless as fact"I agree, this kind of comment is low and stupid, worthy is far from useless especially after whats hes done for us, we''d be league 2 if he was useless. I don''t believe anyone is useless. Lets keep to footballing opinions and stay away from the petty insults, its pathetic. I''m going to join in too..."A new season, a new chance, It can be successful with worthy but it may not"

In that case link, learn to state your opinions as opinions.

"...it''ll be championship football..." as in IT WILL BE is a factual

statement, unlike if you said, something like, "i reckon we''ll be

playing in the championship for the next five years if worthy is in

charge..."

you may think it''s being picky, but these are the subtleties of 

language and are the difference between inflamatory statements and

honestly held opinions.

a1 used to post interesting facts and opinions, now seems hell bent on rubbishing anyone that doesn''t like Worthy, scratching head......

ok, point taken stevenage, but note what i said about "masking issues

on both sides of the debate". I''m not against people wanting worthy out

per se, what i am against is vitriolic worthy haters, of the kind who

come out with real rubbish like "i know worthy is useless - fact" and

such like. it winds me up, probably too far on occasions...

[quote user="a1canary"]ok, point taken stevenage, but note what i said about "masking issues on both sides of the debate". I''m not against people wanting worthy out per se, what i am against is vitriolic worthy haters, of the kind who come out with real rubbish like "i know worthy is useless - fact" and such like. it winds me up, probably too far on occasions...

[/quote]

It winds me up too A1 and I want him out!  Just because it''s someone’s opinion that Worthy is our worst manager ever, it doesn''t mean it is an opinion worth paying any attention too.

What annoys me more though is when it is assumed that just because I believe he should go that I automatically agree with any and every comment made on the subject.  I don''t mean you, just wanted to get it off my chest!

Which one is an opinion, which one is a prediction and which one.........

In my opinion Curbishley should be the next manager of England.

I think Curbishley will be the next manager of England.

Curbishley will be the next England Manager.

People have to be careful which their languauge or their "opinions" seem like aggressive predictions......which can then be proved wrong.  Then they slate you for pointing out their "opinion" was wrong.

1st Wizard in November...."if worthington stays in charge we will be relegated and playing division 1 football, just look at Forest, etc, etc....."

Opinion or prediction?  Wrong anyway!

Before you get your pants in a twist I am in the Out club now - so don''t ruin your comeback with uninformed drivel. 

[quote user="StevenageFan"]

a1 used to post interesting facts and opinions, now seems hell bent on rubbishing anyone that doesn''t like Worthy, scratching head......

[/quote]I''m sorry - since when have your comments been squeeky clean? I seem to remember you can shoot down people who post supporting Worthington so why cant A1 shoot down those that don''t?No thats just how the outers want it -their voice only so they can dictate what is good or not good for this club! Well and truly behind you on this one A1.

That''s it Chicken, put everyone who feels Worthy should leave into one tidy little group.  Because obviously everyone who feels that maybe a change of manager would be beneficial are unreasonable all of the time.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="StevenageFan"]

[/quote]

I''m sorry - since when have your comments been squeeky clean? I seem to remember you can shoot down people who post supporting Worthington so why cant A1 shoot down those that don''t?

No thats just how the outers want it -their voice only so they can dictate what is good or not good for this club! Well and truly behind you on this one A1.
[/quote]

Chicken, show me a post where I have shot someone down for having an opinion and I will apologise.  I only ever express my opinion and I also asume that everyone else does the same, but of late more and more people are getting damn right offensive on here.  Categorising all WO as rabble, morons etc. and then getting all upset and offended is someone disagrees, its all childish tosh.

The only reason I picked up on A1''s comments is because he/she has always posted well thought out and interesting posts that I enjoy reading.   If you had typed the same I would have just ignored it because you have taken the whole WO V KTF situation way too far and sometimes way too personally.

A1 said - "In that case Link, learn to state your opinions as opinions...". I am of the opinion that this line is somewhat bullying and inflammatory in its tone. Or, rather, I could do if I was just trying to be argumentative because I disagree with you. "...you may think it''s being picky..." Yes, I do, especially as it''s only semantics, for goodness'' sake.

"This is pathetic, the lowest form of  "my dad''s better than your dad" debate that contributes NOTHING to the debate and just underlines the intelligence levels we are dealing with on these boards nowadays. "

Yes - you are right - but they started it!

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

"This is pathetic, the lowest form of  "my dad''s better than your dad" debate that contributes NOTHING to the debate and just underlines the intelligence levels we are dealing with on these boards nowadays. "

Yes - you are right - but they started it!

[/quote]

Brilliant!

Stevenage, for future reference i am male, 30 (in two days) and almost born on exactly the same day as Mr Huckerby.
The female in the avatar is the gorgeous Zhang Ziyi. Not me. Sorry to disappoint!