Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

QPR CLEAROUT - GET IN THERE WORTHY

Marc Bircham, Danny Shittu and Lee Cook have been put on the transfer list at QPR as part of cost-cutting measures.

BIRCHAM -

''They''ve put a price on me, Danny and Lee, and if those prices are met we''ll be gone in the summer.Ive got a year left on my contract and i could stay but the club wouldnt get money for me, so it would be stitching them up a bit which i obviuosly dont want to do. I know every player has his time to go, but im gutted, especially as they had a bid for me from Sheffield United in the transfer window. It was turned down and so was one for Danny and thats when they released the statement that they didnt need to sell any players because we were financially stable. I was promised a new contract at the end of the season. Four months down the line they have to get the wage bill down and were the only three players they can get money for, so we have to go''

CMON WORTHY SIGN EM UP - (i bet he doesnt!!  [8o|] [:(] [:''(]

3 players who if they were signed would be an improvement over what we already have and considering Q.P.R. are desperate to sell the prices would surely not be out of our reach. Then of course these 3 are football players not people who can run about endlessly. Might as forget these 3 then.

All worth it I am certain. BUT isn''t Lee Cook a left sided midfielder? We''ve got Hucks and McVeigh there. Not sure where Bircham and Shittu play, Shittu is defence I think. Worthington always says he''ll only get in players who add something to the squad and then buys crap. These players WOULD add something. Within the price range too without being a bit too old

Danny Shittu (lol) has got a shot on him - in the warm up before the game he was powering them in he must get loads of goals for a defender. I would not mind him playing for us next season one bit. Cook also looked class.

Bircham is a difficult one cos he''s QPR through and through and he''s going to be seriously gutted to have to move on.

Bit like getting a decent bird on the rebound from her childhood sweetheart , probably best to let someone else move in on him.

Shittu didn''t look exceptionally mobile against us a couple of weeks ago - he''s a seriously big unit.

[quote user="Nedergaard16"]

Marc Bircham, Danny Shittu and Lee Cook have been put on the transfer list at QPR as part of cost-cutting measures.

BIRCHAM -

''They''ve put a price on me, Danny and Lee, and if those prices are met we''ll be gone in the summer.Ive got a year left on my contract and i could stay but the club wouldnt get money for me, so it would be stitching them up a bit which i obviuosly dont want to do. I know every player has his time to go, but im gutted, especially as they had a bid for me from Sheffield United in the transfer window. It was turned down and so was one for Danny and thats when they released the statement that they didnt need to sell any players because we were financially stable. I was promised a new contract at the end of the season. Four months down the line they have to get the wage bill down and were the only three players they can get money for, so we have to go''

CMON WORTHY SIGN EM UP - (i bet he doesnt!!  [8o|] [:(] [:''(]

[/quote]

All three of these players are quality, and sound cheap. i vote u for manager!

[quote user="GreenoForEngland"]switch Hux to the right and play Cook down the left is no doubt worthy thinking, since he seems adverse to signing a right winger.[/quote]

Best get in a decent right back then to do the double marking.

Perhaps somebody could send a link with this story to somebody at the club, preferably Neil Doncaster asking worthy top add the names to his list. They are good players, and after his recent record they are bound not to be on there,.

Neither hux nor wly are midfielders and so we suffer defensively when they are used as such.   Give us some dedicated midfield resource for once and get the best out of hux and WLY two of the most talented forwards at the club.

Shittu is quick and strong and cook strengthens a weakness - but neither are top priority positions.  Bircham is a shania twain for me - dont impress a me much.

This sounds like one of those posts that people will be pointing back to next season when everyone is slating worthy for having signed them.

I''m well for Danny Shittu to sign. I believe it would be a great move to have such a over powering juggernaut of a player in the team. If he can shoot aswel it would be great. A few more Safri moments would be immense. 

Shittu is young - about 22/23. Is actually more mobile than he looks and seems - a bit like Kenton was in that respect.Living with four QPR fans - they rate him as pretty much their best player and one of the crowds favourites. In my opinion he would be a quality signing in that he would be good competition/cover for both Docherty and Shackel. He would make them earn they place for sure and I would be surprised if he didnt start ahead of one of them too.Lee Cook - good goal and again well rated, but the jury is still out on that one for me.Otherwise yes - lets do it!!

[quote user="chicken"]Shittu is young - about 22/23. Is actually more mobile than he looks and seems - a bit like Kenton was in that respect.

Living with four QPR fans - they rate him as pretty much their best player and one of the crowds favourites. In my opinion he would be a quality signing in that he would be good competition/cover for both Docherty and Shackel. He would make them earn they place for sure and I would be surprised if he didnt start ahead of one of them too.

Lee Cook - good goal and again well rated, but the jury is still out on that one for me.

Otherwise yes - lets do it!!
[/quote]

A centre back with pace would be a welcome addition to the squad

[quote user="GreenoForEngland"]switch Hux to the right and play Cook down the left is no doubt worthy thinking, since he seems adverse to signing a right winger.[/quote]

If we''re really lucky, he''d buy Cook AND a decent right winger like Chris Brunt, then put Hucks up front where he belongs... but I''m dreaming now, methinks...

[quote user="Ark"]This sounds like one of those posts that people will be pointing back to next season when everyone is slating worthy for having signed them.[/quote]

we dont scout them.......  And I dont remember many similar posts about Hughes, robbo.  Etuhu their were, until he came on loan and people delved a bit deeper to find out he was to be polite - ''not very good at preston over the last few years and immobile''.

As for this lot - they are QPRs better players at least so why not, unlike last seasons signings of teams lesser players.

All three are good players but i would probably only want Cook and Shittu. Cook can also play right wing (hes left footed) its abit like what Chelsea do sometimes when they want to play Duff and Robben at the same time they just put one of them on the right wing. Also someone mentioned Chris Brunt who is also left footed but plays right wing and likes to cut inside. Shittu would be good for us aswell hes big, strong and pretty quick and has been known to score quite a few goals.

The BBC and Daily Mail report that Sheffield Utd. are pondering over a bid for Danny Shittu. The fee? In the region of 2.5 million, seems a bit steep, and that sort of money could be better spent IMO.

In todays EEN Worthington has said that they are putting their heads together to see who they would like to bring in to the club on Anglia tonight Joe Royal said he had already made enquiries for two players he would like to bring into his club. Why should next season be any different we are already behind some clubs.