Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Worthington - "The true fans shone through today"

"The loyal fans were there at the end"

"Theres some fans who think we have a god given right to win every week".

Oh dear. Helmet on, duck and cover...

I have always maintained if worthy turned it round I would support him again.  If he signed some good players and got us playing again, learned his lessons and improved as a manager.  I am afraid that after this comment - that was NO OFF THE CUFF REMARK and sounded planned.  I will never support him again.

Nice to

So the loyal fans stayed to cheer their hero Worthless and the efforts of the team, just remind me how many stayed, was it the majority?

[quote user="cityangel"]So the loyal fans stayed to cheer their hero Worthless and the efforts of the team, just remind me how many stayed, was it the majority?[/quote]

Neil and co reckoned more than half stayed... Wasnt there so wouldnt know

I didn''t think that Worthless Worthington could go down any further in my estimations. But then I heard todays interview, and ''''The true fans shone through today'''' comments, and well, further down in my estimations he went. The man is not not fit to manager of Norwich City. 

Was he aware of the fans who stood there in silence? 

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="cityangel"]So the loyal fans stayed to cheer their hero Worthless and the efforts of the team, just remind me how many stayed, was it the majority?[/quote]

Neil and co reckoned more than half stayed... Wasnt there so wouldnt know

[/quote]

not where I was sitting lower barclay E was pretty empty a few stayed.  On my row 3 (including me) fans stayed.  just the usual rubbish from the media.  Not sure why the players deserved a proper send off, they havent given a monkeys all season.....

I stayed - it seemed to me that about half stayed. The City stand seemed particularly empty. I don''t understand why they did not go round straight after the game. We seemed to wait for ever for them to come out.

I was really disappointed with his comments. He is an employee of the club and I don''t think he should be saying who is and who is not a true fan. I think there are many true fans and they have a wide range of opinions about many things. For me, I feel we have had a very disappointing season - better second half than first though but I could not bring myself to leave before the players had gone round.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

I didn''t think that Worthless Worthington could go down any further in my estimations. But then I heard todays interview, and ''''The true fans shone through today'''' comments, and well, further down in my estimations he went. The man is not not fit to manager of Norwich City. 

[/quote]

Cup half empty or full, Stadium half empty or full? I applauded the players because if you think the manager and all his players are crap, what is the point in even turning up?

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

[/quote]#

He isnt fit to eat Irish Pancakes! Or walk the beautiful norfolk countryside, i think blackpool was the most appropriate place for him, cheap and not very glamourous!

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

[/quote]

Tell you what Johno Bono, I glanced about and thought exactly the same thing.

Its hard to estimate really, but Adams figure doesn''t seem too far wrong. People were making quite a bit of noise too although this seemed to be mainly in support of the players and not him.

Delia is a business woman and i have every confidence she will make the necessary decision to remove Worthington, Livermore & Foley as soon as possible. Unless this action is taken we can expect more of the same in August

worthy was brave. I don''t know what he could of been expecting. I didn''t either because one minute the crowd are cheering and the next booing. Worthy says the majority of fans stayed, In my opinion half the people who turned up for the game stayed so therefore it was not majority. Also because of this we can''t say the minority were left to support worthy, clearly people were only clapping the players...

For next season I have a horrible gut feeling that the fans will get behind worthy from word "go". I hope not. Although he could gain some of my respect If he makes some major adjustments in the summer by admitting he got it wrong and replace the deadwood. If Worthy admits Andy Hughes is not good enough and he is sold I will have more respect for worthy, but I cannot support him again. The damage is done. If he gert it wrong next season the board have no excuse. I would love to see Doncaster try and argue worthy''s case if he blunders next season.

Prove me wrong Worthy. This is not a friendly "prove me wrong" but a very furious one.

I stayed. I stayed to support SOME players who do respect the shirt and the fans. I most certainly did not stay for Worthington. In my estimation (based on the kind of attendances we get at first team matches and reserve matches) there were no more than 8,000 people left. The tannoy blasting out crowd noises and OTBC filled the empty atmosphere like a ghetto blaster in the Albert Hall.

All in all, it''s been a sad and disappointing two seasons. Nuff said!

[quote user="Genral Juninho Steggius Cataphractius"]

worthy was brave. I don''t know what he could of been expecting. I didn''t either because one minute the crowd are cheering and the next booing. Worthy says the majority of fans stayed, In my opinion half the people who turned up for the game stayed so therefore it was not majority. Also because of this we can''t say the minority were left to support worthy, clearly people were only clapping the players...

For next season I have a horrible gut feeling that the fans will get behind worthy from word "go". I hope not. Although he could gain some of my respect If he makes some major adjustments in the summer by admitting he got it wrong and replace the deadwood. If Worthy admits Andy Hughes is not good enough and he is sold I will have more respect for worthy, but I cannot support him again. The damage is done. If he gert it wrong next season the board have no excuse. I would love to see Doncaster try and argue worthy''s case if he blunders next season.

Prove me wrong Worthy. This is not a friendly "prove me wrong" but a very furious one.

[/quote]

I domnt care what you think Staggalinho, you are not a true fan

About 12-15,000 stayed. Some loyal fans didn''t because of other commitments. How many at the protest Angel - or was it canceled due to lack of support?

12000-15000, are you a relative of robert chase, he could never count?

i have been a "loyal fan" for 40 years, and i believe i can recognise good football and commitment whwn i see it. Worthlees can not!

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

About 12-15,000 stayed. Some loyal fans didn''t because of other commitments. How many at the protest Angel - or was it canceled due to lack of support?

[/quote]

Ah fence, a true fan at last!!!  not like these other muppets on thisbhoard!!  I wouldnt be too hopeful, 3 people including me stayed on my row and 2 on the row in front, 1 on the row behind, but I guess I am barclay E block..  You dont get true fans there, you get the guys who sing?!?!?!?!?!? 

Next seaosn will be fun with this muppet in charge.

btw with all the songs during the lap of honour not one worthy''s yellow green army....  what a surprise.  hoof hoof clogger left backs in midfield 5 million wasted, insults the fans!!  What a wonderful manager we have