Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Bragging From Afar

Although I stay very close to the activities of the club I do not attend games any longer. Nonetheless, for the past couple of seasons that has not prevented my reasonably accurate assessment on this message board of where Norwich would finish in the standings. I have made my projections in September of each season once it became clear what activity, or lack of it, had taken place on the management and coaching front as well as playing staff we had decided to employ.

My projection in Sept/2004 for our Premiership season was that we would be relegated with 32 points. We went down with 33 points. That hardly was rocket science and many would have and did concur, although, in comparison, many fans who actually attend games were wildly optimistic in their predictions. For the current season my prediction back in September was that we would finish in 9th place with 65 points. A good prediction if I say so myself.

I will again offer my prediction for next season''s finish this coming September once our club''s choices have been made clear. I will say, however, that if all things were to remain basically the same as present ( we must all hope they will not ), then I would expect more slippage and apathy, replacing Ipswich in 15th place.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Although I stay very close to the activities of the club I do not attend games any longer. Nonetheless, for the past couple of seasons that has not prevented my reasonably accurate assessment on this message board of where Norwich would finish in the standings. I have made my projections in September of each season once it became clear what activity, or lack of it, had taken place on the management and coaching front as well as playing staff we had decided to employ.

My projection in Sept/2004 for our Premiership season was that we would be relegated with 32 points. We went down with 33 points. That hardly was rocket science and many would have and did concur, although, in comparison, many fans who actually attend games were wildly optimistic in their predictions. For the current season my prediction back in September was that we would finish in 9th place with 65 points. A good prediction if I say so myself.

I will again offer my prediction for next season''s finish this coming September once our club''s choices have been made clear. I will say, however, that if all things were to remain basically the same as present ( we must all hope they will not ), then I would expect more slippage and apathy, replacing Ipswich in 15th place.

[/quote]

Smug non game attender alert.

You know Morty, we are all fans whether or not we are able to still attend the games or not. I have paid my dues over the years to qualify as a fan, so jabs from small-minded people like you are like water off a ducks back. Incidentally, if you truly feel ( as you said on another thread ) that the whole discussion of what constitutes a real supporter has become rather tedious then why don''t you get rid of the hypocritical sign-off you employ.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

smug game attender and head in sander brigade are back, I bet you love Andy Hughes dont you, such a talent!!  and rayman and Johanson!!  top players money well spent

You know Morty, we are all fans whether or not we are able to still attend the games or not. I have paid my dues over the years to qualify as a fan, so jabs from small-minded people like you are like water off a ducks back. Incidentally, if you truly feel ( as you said on another thread ) that the whole discussion of what constitutes a real supporter has become rather tedious then why don''t you get rid of the hypocritical sign-off you employ.

[/quote]

And what exactly makes my "sign off" hypocritical exactly?

yankee,

whilst i understand it to be physically impossible without having ribs removed to blow your own trumpet, you somehow manage it rather well.

maybe though yankee, you would be able to make your predictions before the first game of the season, and not in september

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

smug game attender and head in sander brigade are back, I bet you love Andy Hughes dont you, such a talent!!  and rayman and Johanson!!  top players money well spent

[/quote]

Paul, you like Andy Hughes, you said so youself.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Paul, you like Andy Hughes, you said so youself.

[/quote]

I have met him once, he is a nice guy.[Y]  Hopeless footballer however.

Rossi, as the title of the thread indicates, I am quite upfront about the fact that I am blowing my own trumpet, so it is redundant to have others point it out. However, I am also honest enough to reflect on my predictions or judgements and be equally forthright when I get it wrong. If posters can look beyond my weakness it would be interesting to hear what others were thinking in the early part of the season as to where we would finish and why.

Incidentally Rossi, the reason for delaying the input until September should be quite obvious. There is a transfer window open until the end of August that can significantly influence the club''s ambition/potential.    

Incidentally Rossi, the reason for delaying the input until September should be quite obvious. There is a transfer window open until the end of August that can significantly influence the club''s ambition/potential.    

[/quote]September... Norwich... Pish posh, is that all you can do? I predicted all of the major placings in the Championship... champions, automatic promotion, play offs and relegation with a whole two weeks of the season remaining! What''s more, I expect to be able to tell you the winner of the play-offs well before the start of next season.

Any idea on the lottery numbers for the coming Saturday?

Please send a private message obviously. I''m not sharing it 300 ways.