Sign in to follow this  
mystic megson

Worthy interview on Radio Norfolk this morning

I didn''t hear the interview yesterday, but listened to it on Radio Norfolk this morning. 

At no point did I hear Nigel Worthington say "The true fans shone through today".  He DID say "The true fans showed their loyalty". 

It''s possible the other bit was edited out, but it sounds more like a case of cloth ears on the part of listeners.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

I didn''t hear the interview yesterday, but listened to it on Radio Norfolk this morning. 

At no point did I hear Nigel Worthington say "The true fans shone through today".  He DID say "The true fans showed their loyalty". 

It''s possible the other bit was edited out, but it sounds more like a case of cloth ears on the part of listeners.

[/quote]

yep mystic, he accused all those who didnt stay of not being true fans??  what more needs to be said.  He is total baffoon whom with every decision on and off the pitch looks to be trying to lose his job.  Loyalty to an underacheiving lesser manager.  Johanson and Rayman... wasted money

Maybe he actually wants out of the job but doesn''t want to resign as he won''t get a big fat compensation cheque. Therefore he is trying to foce the board to sack him so he gets a nice big payoff!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

yep mystic, he accused all those who didnt stay of not being true fans??  what more needs to be said.  He is total baffoon whom with every decision on and off the pitch looks to be trying to lose his job.  Loyalty to an underacheiving lesser manager.  Johanson and Rayman... wasted money [/quote]

"he accused all those who didnt stay of not being true fans?"

No he did not!  He said that those that stayed behind and applauded were loyal fans - which is self evident. He did not say that those that left were not. This is an inference that his opponents are chosing to draw.

Some will no doubt have left for very good reason or because they were disappointed. They are still loyal as I am sure everybody recognises. Those who left as some form of protest, in the opinion of some, and I suspect Worthy is amongst them, fall into another category.

"The true fans showed their loyalty". 

[/quote]

This says to me, the fans who are loyal TO HIM as a manager applauded

him and the team. I stayed but think he should be sacked, in all

honesty though, im just glad the seasons over and the whole situation

is left to settle down - as long as i get excited about and enjoy the

games i dont mind whos in charge.

Your tag line is a joke, Fence - "I have sat on the fence for too long. Look what you are doing to our club with your antics."

It''s how Worthington is destroying this Club, supported by the Board, that should be of more concern to you. Does your blind faith in him give you no insight whatsoever? How can you support someone who got us relegated last season and then steered us to 9th - that''s 13 points adrift of the play offs and a ridiculous 44 points behind the winners! - in the poorest second tier in ages?

If you honestly think that he''s a good manager after that, then I''m missing something here! Do you go to the games at Carrow Road?    

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

yep mystic, he accused all those who didnt stay of not being true fans??  what more needs to be said.  He is total baffoon whom with every decision on and off the pitch looks to be trying to lose his job.  Loyalty to an underacheiving lesser manager.  Johanson and Rayman... wasted money [/quote]

No he did not!  He said that those that stayed behind and applauded were loyal fans - which is self evident. He did not say that those that left were not. This is an inference that his opponents are chosing to draw.

Some will no doubt have left for very good reason or because they were disappointed. They are still loyal as I am sure everybody recognises. Those who left as some form of protest, in the opinion of some, and I suspect Worthy is amongst them, fall into another category.

[/quote]

He purposely had a dig at those fans whom left, listen to the interview again it is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/articles/2006/04/30/norwich_city_wolves_20060430_result.shtml

he is having a dig at those fans not staying behind.  It is more than implied it was pre planned.....  he has lost a fair few fans for good after these comments.  He could win fans back by winning games and signing good players.  Not slagging off supporters.  The worthington era is almost over.

His exact words were "the true supporters were there" in reference to the walk around post-game.  He also said "that is the true supporters of Norwich City".  He also said that some people thought we had a "god given right" to win every game.  These comments were said deliberate and designed as a swipe at anyone who did not stay to clap like a herd of performing seals.  These comments were nothing but arrogance. 

Even a fence sitting idiot can see that.

[/quote]

This is a rather old thread. 

Someone had posted the "shone through" quote on here after the game on Sunday, and the usual suspects started foaming at the mouth. 

I thought, if people are going to get so upset, at least let it be about what he actually said. 

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The fans that "fall into another category" are "real" fans and have the clubs best interests at heart by wanting Worthy Out!!