Sign in to follow this  
Getting off the fence

Worthy outers - please sell your season tickets (if you go)

A plea from the silent (and sometimes noisy) majority. Don''t come back next year. Leave the games to fans. The only difference you will make is to spoil it for the majority of people who want to enjoy watching their team.

Hopefully next season will be better. If not, I''m sure that managerial changes will be made. In the meantime, don''t try to sabotage next season as well just so that you can win your petty, vindictive battle.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

A plea from the silent (and sometimes noisy) majority. Don''t come back next year. Leave the games to fans. The only difference you will make is to spoil it for the majority of people who want to enjoy watching their team.

Hopefully next season will be better. If not, I''m sure that managerial changes will be made. In the meantime, don''t try to sabotage next season as well just so that you can win your petty, vindictive battle.

[/quote]

I agree i just hope that 1489 people don''t renew their season tickets!!!!!!!

nice post, who says your opinion is correct!it''s not about sabotage, it''s because i am not prepared to watch the poor hoof ball that is being served up and that i care with a great passion for this football club.so to your question no i won''t sell my season ticket - wars are not one overnight and we WILL get our man..........worthy out

Let''s not tar everyone with the same brush.  There are quite a number of WOs who genuinely fear for the future of our club, and are as ashamed as anyone at the behaviour of a hate-filled minority. 

I am not sure that changes will be made even if he continues to drag this club further down into the depths of rubbish hoofball football. The ''disloyal'' fans are making a noise because they want the best for the club. Removing all of the disloyal fans may make it a more pleasurable experience for you and the others who live in your loyal little universe - however there is a very large percentage of non vocal fans who have had enough of watching rubbish football - they will stop coming and it will take many years/decades for them to return. The club cannot afford that and I think if a little ''sabotaging'' is required to ensure the long term survival of the club then so be it... 

well said Herbert.

surely even you numpties in E block can see that our club is going backwards, with Worthy in charge. Do you really want a half empty ground so that you and your ilk can watch the dross in peace? I think not.

[quote user="Herbert"]

I am not sure that changes will be made even if he continues to drag this club further down into the depths of rubbish hoofball football. The ''disloyal'' fans are making a noise because they want the best for the club. Removing all of the disloyal fans may make it a more pleasurable experience for you and the others who live in your loyal little universe - however there is a very large percentage of non vocal fans who have had enough of watching rubbish football - they will stop coming and it will take many years/decades for them to return. The club cannot afford that and I think if a little ''sabotaging'' is required to ensure the long term survival of the club then so be it... [/quote]

"The club cannot afford that and I think if a little ''sabotaging'' is required..." That just about sums it up doesn''t it? If anything proves our point, this surely must be it. Go and join Angel and her crew in a pub somewhere.

great point off your face... but what point does that prove? At the end of the day we are customers buying a service and we are allowed (freedom of speech) to tell the providers of that service that it is sub standard (this is what I mean by ''sabotaging'' - think you might have missed the subtle irony...)

If you go on holiday and find the view from your window is a rubbish dump you would complain? If you did not complain/continued to go to that hotel then are they really likely to do anything about it? This club is a ''business'' and survives by making money - I do not believe that this manager can turn it around and conclude that the only way to make changes is to let them know that the service is sub standard, or to stop going. I do not want to stop going and do not want to see the attendances dropping off as this will hurt the club -  I would love him to prove me wrong but I am not prepared to give him the time to destroy the club even further.  

Worthy Out...

[quote user="chocolate nutter"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

I agree i just hope that 1489 people don''t renew their season tickets!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I just hope the silent majority tries to create an atmosphere for once??  considering they havent managered it for 7 games now.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]i agree but then agian who are you to say?
just becasue you like worthington doesnt make you a better fan.[/quote]

you are no true fan Duncan, do your opinion doesnt count mate....  now bog off and support Ipswich please [;)]

[quote user="Herbert"]

great point off your face... but what point does that prove? At the end of the day we are customers buying a service and we are allowed (freedom of speech) to tell the providers of that service that it is sub standard (this is what I mean by ''sabotaging'' - think you might have missed the subtle irony...)

If you go on holiday and find the view from your window is a rubbish dump you would complain? If you did not complain/continued to go to that hotel then are they really likely to do anything about it? This club is a ''business'' and survives by making money - I do not believe that this manager can turn it around and conclude that the only way to make changes is to let them know that the service is sub standard, or to stop going. I do not want to stop going and do not want to see the attendances dropping off as this will hurt the club -  I would love him to prove me wrong but I am not prepared to give him the time to destroy the club even further.  

Worthy Out...

[/quote]

well said, Herbert

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]The club cannot afford supporters like you getting off the fence , you are dragging us to an all time low , you stay away .Your as arrogant as our manager.[/quote]

Gee, there''s a lot of  kids about today, roll on them going back to school!.

Two nice seats going in row j snakepit,win draw or lose for my money I demand entertainment,this season has been sadly lacking.

Wow. What a lot of numptys.

"All time low"????? Errrrr, I think not.

"Paying money for a service" -  a SERVICE????? Since when has football ever been a service??? It''s a sport. You pay money because you want to watch the sport, not because you want a gift-wrapped, well presented success with every match.

"We WILL get our man". Is that was this is about? One man is bigger than football, and the football club?

Honestly - if you think kack like this helps the worthy out cause, all it does is harm. Delia and the board will listen to this, see it as a pathetic witch-hunt and ignore it completely.

Reasonable debate might help but this rubbish is .... well, rubbish.

[quote user="Herbert"]

Worthy Out...[/quote]

If you go on holiday and find the view from your window is a rubbish dump you would complain?

Of course, and I wouldn''t go back next year!

The trouble is that you are such an expert that you know what will happen next year and on''t want us naive supporters to evn look forward to next season. We should all be so grateful that we have people like you to protect the club. People who are prepared to "sabotage" (your word) the season to prove yourself right.

Us ordinary, human fans are so lucky to have such all knowing supporters in our mists, who not only know everything but are prepared to go to such lengths of self-sacrifice to prevent us from foolishly dragging the club through the mud.

Well, thank you ,thank you, thank you - now I understand that I am in parlance with such a footballing genius, I recognise how lucky I am to have home supporters jeering the players that I naively support.

[quote user="nolegs"]Two nice seats going in row j snakepit,win draw or lose for my money I demand entertainment,this season has been sadly lacking.[/quote]

Want entertainment? - Watch the television or go to the theatre.

Want sport with all it''s ups and downs? Try Carrow Rd

Do I want your seat in the Snakepit? - No thanks, it''s half full of whingers.

you ask for reasonable debate when you cannot even understand what a service is... just to help you a little bit a service is a non tangible offering from a business to a customer - if it was gift wrapped it would not be a service it would be a product...

please can you start this reasonable debate for us - and please can you indicate how and whom it may help?

Your wish is my command, having had a season ticket since  i was 16 i can no longer justify the money i spend following city each season home and away, i have supported city since i was 7 some 33 years, But i refuse to pay £700 plus to watch a team that is filled with players who cant make the effort and a manager who cant inspire them to do so. If i constantly under achieve in my job i get sacked, With the season we have just had been proceeded by relegation why have heads not rolled

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Herbert"]

Worthy Out...[/quote]

If you go on holiday and find the view from your window is a rubbish dump you would complain?

Of course, and I wouldn''t go back next year!

The trouble is that you are such an expert that you know what will happen next year and on''t want us naive supporters to evn look forward to next season. We should all be so grateful that we have people like you to protect the club. People who are prepared to "sabotage" (your word) the season to prove yourself right.

Us ordinary, human fans are so lucky to have such all knowing supporters in our mists, who not only know everything but are prepared to go to such lengths of self-sacrifice to prevent us from foolishly dragging the club through the mud.

Well, thank you ,thank you, thank you - now I understand that I am in parlance with such a footballing genius, I recognise how lucky I am to have home supporters jeering the players that I naively support.

[/quote]

I hope that we get better next year and do not claim to either know what the outcome of next season will be OR ever advocate booing the players - however based on last year, the year before that, the players that have joined and the players that have left, the limited number of quality players coming through the youth system, the manager who manages only to upset both the players (some of) and the fans (some of), the naive way that this club is run, the money that we have wasted and the limited pool of money that is unlikely to be replaced in the future etc.. etc... - I feel it is very unlikely that under Worthy we will reach the levels of success that I expect of this club (based on the size of the support base, away support etc...)

To clarify my point of view - I and am calling for a change before it is too late (and felt it necessary to call for the manager to resign (sabotage) at some of the games - QPR, Crystal Palace – did you go to that one or were you too busy mounting the fence?). We need to remove Worthy (a man drowning and out of his depth) and replace him with a stronger manager who knows what he is doing and commands the respect of his players. This manager needs to build a team that can win the league next year and then compete (not win) in the Premier league. If the board does not think this is necessary then as a business I need them to set their success criteria and what action will be taken if this is not met. I apologise if you found my comments patronising and possibly overambitious 

[quote]Want entertainment? - Watch the television or go to the theatre.[/quote]

"Entertainment is an amusement or diversion intended to hold the attention of an audience or its participants."

Football is supposed to be a form entertainment, thats the whole point of going to be entertained and feel involved. And at the theater I believe they clap the good plays and boo the bad ones, not so different really.

[quote]Want sport with all it''s ups and downs? Try Carrow Rd[/quote]

I agree there is no guarentee on the back of your ticket saying full refund on crap games. But as contiuous paying fans we have more than a right to demand a good performance from the team and manager.

[quote]Do I want your seat in the Snakepit? - No thanks, it''s half full of whingers.[/quote]

At Least its got an atmosphere, the barcley and the snake pit are the real fans I would happily sit there they know how to support the club with great singing, chanting and they know how to celebrate when we score a goal, jump up and down like a madman and cheer til your lungs are sore! I wonder why people bother if all they''re going to do is sit there motionless for 90mins only moving at the 43min so they can get a pie early or to clap a goal.

Why, thanks for your help Herbert, I get it now.

Now can I explain to you what football isn''t. It isn''t a service or a product. It''s a sport, which I''m sure you already know was the point I was oh-so-clumsily attempting to make.

And as for reasonable debate, it will help those that want Worthy removed to be taken more seriously. "Worthy is Norwich''s worst manager", "the worst manager in the league", "We got rid of Chase, we''ll get rid of him" etc etc doesn''t help anyone achieve anything, other than give Norwich fans a bad rep.

People like me that do want rid of him are having that very wish put in jeopardy. Sweeping statements and witch-hunts do nothing for our position but allow the board to look at us as a small minority of serial-whingers, and ignore it with good reason. By stating the facts, by voting with your feet, by cheering the team but not supporting the management hopefully someone might listen. Might.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]

[quote]Want entertainment? - Watch the television or go to the theatre.[/quote]

"Entertainment is an amusement or diversion intended to hold the attention of an audience or its participants."

Football is supposed to be a form entertainment, thats the whole point of going to be entertained and feel involved. And at the theater I believe they clap the good plays and boo the bad ones, not so different really.

[quote]Want sport with all it''s ups and downs? Try Carrow Rd[/quote]

I agree there is no guarentee on the back of your ticket saying full refund on crap games. But as contiuous paying fans we have more than a right to demand a good performance from the team and manager.

[quote]Do I want your seat in the Snakepit? - No thanks, it''s half full of whingers.[/quote]

At Least its got an atmosphere, the barcley and the snake pit are the real fans I would happily sit there they know how to support the club with great singing, chanting and they know how to celebrate when we score a goal, jump up and down like a madman and cheer til your lungs are sore! I wonder why people bother if all they''re going to do is sit there motionless for 90mins only moving at the 43min so they can get a pie early or to clap a goal.[/quote]well said, worthy has always said when things where going well that the crowd made the difference. Now we find out these fans that made the difference are no longer real fans.what an idiot worthy

A plea from the silent (and sometimes noisy) majority. Don''t come back next year. Leave the games to fans. The only difference you will make is to spoil it for the majority of people who want to enjoy watching their team. [/quote]

What makes you think the Worthy outers don''t want to watch their team? Maybe they just want to watch their team playing good, entertaining football rather than just being prepared to put up with a manager who is destroying the good football Norwich are capable of playing? I don''t want to spoil the game for anyone. It''s noticable at games though that those people who want Worthy to stay seem very quiet! Are you not brave enough to voice your feelings?

We are not trying to sabotage next season - quite the contrary. In my opinion failing to replace Worthy and sort out the glaring problems that have become apparent through Worthy''s lack of managerial ability will sabotage next season.

[/quote] Hopefully next season will be better?? Doesn''t sound like you have much faith in Worthy''s ability to turn things around. Could it be that you don''t like confrontations and would much prefer us to amble along as we are playing awful football and being turned over by all the decent clubs so you can have a nice jolly friendly environment in which to watch football?? Are you really a true fan?? In your eyes you are. Why do you have the right to suggest that we are not true fans because we want Worthy replaced???

To me it isn''t about a battle and it certainly isn''t petty or vindictive. Unfortunately Worthy and certain board memebers have turned it into a hostile affair by some of their ill-timed and poorly chosen comments. I don''t think any of the Worthy outers want it to be a battle but we firmly believe it is in the best interests of the club if Nigel is replaced. I have respect for the man for what he has achieved at Norwich but that respect is diminishing by his tactics and all round attitude this season and it''s time for a change.

I don''t really see any hugely positive signs for next season and any real reasons why Worthy should stay at the helm. If you want to continue watching hoofball week in week out at Carrow Road and see more signings in the mould of Andy Hughes you''re welcome - I love NCFC and I''m not content to see that happeneing to a such a big, well supported club that''s known for playing football the right way. I''ll always support the team through thick and thin and always shout my heart out when I''m at a game but why can''t we aspire to better things as a club?? To me that means Worthy out and for holding that view and voicing what I believe I''m not going to apologise for just as you wouldn''t apologise for holding the view that Worthy should stay or we should support the team more vocally.

Aleh H J wrote " love NCFC and I''m not content to see that happeneing to a such a big, well supported club that''s known for playing football the right way. "

We used to be known as a friendly, well-supported club until the Worthy Outers submitted to the bullying boo-boy mentality. It does not matter if you are a bully or simply a follower it does not justify prolonged booing of one of our own players nor the celebration of opposition goals. It drags our name through the mud and we would be better off without the type of person who does this.

Fence - I have come to the conclusion that your provocative and non-sensical posts are designed to promote one person. No, not Worthington - you. You appear to be a sad little individual who can only get himself noticed by irritating people. For a start, what makes you think that there is a ''silent majority'' - can you back this statement up? If not, stop using it.  

I would give anything to get rid of Worthington and his cronies because I care deeply about my Club. 20 years of going to matches at Carrow Road, with all its ups and downs, means that I am not a glory-hunter or ''lesser'' fan, just because I can see that this manager will drag the team down even further. If it takes ''sabotage'', to use your pathetically sensationalist term, then so be it - I''m not prepared to sit around whilst vacuous individuals like you reside over our free-fall into further mediocrity.

You don''t get it, do you, you just don''t see it? You and any other KTF''s who are deliberately provocative won''t bully us into giving up our desire to get shot of Worthington. Those who want Worthy Out are not going to go away just because the likes of you stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the pram. Hey, guess what - it merely contributes to making us even more determined to oust him. When will that sink in? 

There are many pro-Worthington posters on here who put their argument across in a constructive, balanced and articulate manner. You are not one of them.  

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Fence - I have come to the conclusion that your provocative and non-sensical posts are designed to promote one person. No, not Worthington - you. You appear to be a sad little individual who can only get himself noticed by irritating people. For a start, what makes you think that there is a ''silent majority'' - can you back this statement up? If not, stop using it.  

I would give anything to get rid of Worthington and his cronies because I care deeply about my Club. 20 years of going to matches at Carrow Road, with all its ups and downs, means that I am not a glory-hunter or ''lesser'' fan, just because I can see that this manager will drag the team down even further. If it takes ''sabotage'', to use your pathetically sensationalist term, then so be it - I''m not prepared to sit around whilst vacuous individuals like you reside over our free-fall into further mediocrity.

You don''t get it, do you, you just don''t see it? You and any other KTF''s who are deliberately provocative won''t bully us into giving up our desire to get shot of Worthington. Those who want Worthy Out are not going to go away just because the likes of you stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the pram. Hey, guess what - it merely contributes to making us even more determined to oust him. When will that sink in? 

There are many pro-Worthington posters on here who put their argument across in a constructive, balanced and articulate manner. You are not one of them.  [/quote]

So many innacuracies - where do we start - well let''s keep it simple! How about, just for example:-

"If it takes ''sabotage'', to use your pathetically sensationalist term, then so be it..."

If you look back through the thread, you will see that the phrase was used by a Worthy Outer to describe his/ her efforts - but, of course, that would involve you having to read the thread - so much more fun to just spout off regardless of what anybody else has written!

There is so much else that you write that is nonsense but you probably don''t have the capacity to consider what you have said in any form of abjective manner.

I go to the matches not for the manager, not for the players (and not really for myself if i had the sence to save myself from the awful rubbish we play) but for the club. When i started supporting the club 10ish years ago when i was 6 i used to delight at seeing players like eadie, sutton, bellamy and others. They made me proud to be a Norwich fan, at the moment all i have to cheer about are Hux and Earnshaw, i can''t really cheer on hughes or robinson or colin all of which have no idea what they are doing. Although Worthington has done many good things in the past it is the present and he has been very poor and there are no excuses. To call me an ''unloyal'' fan, i feel is a disgrace when i spend huge sums of my money to go the matches. I''ve regularly gone to matches for about 8 years which is around 4 years than you have been around Worthington. Worthington is ruining our club and to stand by and watch him do so and to make up rubbish accusasions and lame excuses are what, in my opinion, an ''unloyal'' fan would do.