Sign in to follow this  
Picto2007

After The Preston Game

Will there be many people going out drinking after the Preston game? I mean it''s our last home game and by that time we should have guaranteed promotion?

Also does anyone know if there will be a celebration of some sort at the end?
Whose up for a pitch invasion? I mean they are getting rid of the pitch during the summer anyway!

I’ve got an extra reason to look forward to the Preston game…As part of the stewards football team, we are playing on the pitch after the game!

Should be good fun!

do u think they are going to sell the turf? i think a lot of people would want to buy the centre spot and stuff like that. seeing as its the grass that we went up on.

"will there be many people drinking after the preston game" ?

i haven''t heard a sillier question since i last went on the ipswich message board.

OF COURSE THERE WILL BE!

unless we are docked points because of celebrating on the pitch and wimbledon goes under meaning we lose 6 more points....
hey! it could happen

but i doubt it

OTBC

Lets make it a day to remember, I just hope we don''t all get nicked for running on the pitch!
Great news that we are finally up!! Come on you Yellas!!!

If the chat in the snakepit was anything to go by at the Walsall game, it sounds as if we won''t be lonely if we get on the pitch! Mind you, the ''Man in a jacket'' fun lovin'' stewards let us know that we would risk 1/. getting nicked 2/. Not having our season tickets renewed 3/. Getting the club fined 4/. incurring hell & damnation from the local hanging judge........but lets see them try to stop us. See you on the centre spot!!

It is my intention to leave the ground 15minutes before full-time, so I miss all the celebrations but will be home in time for "Ant & Dec"!

Only joking! I am going to take in the atmosphere, and when that full-time whistle goes, I think I will "bawl my eye''s out"! with the pent up emotion''s of the last 9 seasons.

Not going on the pitch though, as I think the players should be allowed to do a lap of honour, then throw their shirts to the crowd and leave the pitch to appear with Delia & the rest of the Gang. So, if any fans wish to go on the pitch and congregate in front of the City Stand, they are allowed to do so in a calm and controlled manner and can sing and applaud our success.

I personally think that an unco-ordinated fulltime pitch invasion isn''t a very good idea, as obviously people may cause themselves injury, especially as the more "veteran" & "younger" clients aren''t able to vacate their seats, or get out of the way of the more exhuberant followers of this fine Club. Not wishing to be a "Killjoy", just don''t want anyone to get injured [players included, still 2 games to play] or risk getting banned by the FA or the "authorities" for over the top celebrations.

Yep, "On the pitch"! by all means, but with a little caution and possibly allow the fans in the upper tiers, time to get down to the pitch and join in. Oh, and then down to the Riverside to get the party started! It''s gonna be great and we deserve it! OTBC "We are PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

Think of the consequences of a pitch invasion…not only could you risk all the above…but as well, the players will not come out for a lap of honour…after a season like this, this would be a big disappointment.

Let''s get wrecked down the Riverside and go mental, but don''t forget clubs get fined for pitch invasions. Even good natured ones. Would you want this on your concience?

Several stewards confirmed to me on Wednesday night that should even just one person step onto the pitch after the Preston game, the players will NOT come out.

So don''t spoil it for everyone else.