Sign in to follow this  
Bill Taylor

Steve Gedge Article in Mondays EDP

What a well written article by a man who has attended 39 matches this season- think you could call him a true supporter. He clearly feels ,like I suspect do many supporters that it is time for a change of management if the team are to move forward. This season has been totally unacceptable with the same cliches being brought out both by players and manager alike on a regular basis.  NW''s comments after the Preston game sum it up nicely,while he was saying that it was a good performance reporters  from the Sunday Times and The Independent said thay were very poor and played like a side that had not recorded an away win in 2006. No team that has lost 13 away games and conceeded 40 goals  away from home is premiership material. I can understand Steve Gedge''s reasons for not staying after the match,there really was not much to celebrate. The ironical reward for the players for such a lack lustre season is they get longer off as they are not in the play-offs.It was disturbing to read that NW is contemplating talking to Johansson about a permanent move,this makes little sense as NW has had a chance to look at him first hand and I cannot believe he has been impressed,bearing in mind  he has only played a limited number of games and was less than impressive. It was interesting to read the comments of the Wolves Chairman who stated that their  season''s performance was not good enough for the Board or supporters,it is a pity that we do not have a Chairman who is prepared to make such a statement and put the manager and players on notice that what we have witnessed this season is not good enough. I fear that NW and his staff will be in place at the beginning of next season and I dread what the calibre of our summer signings will be. I just hope the board has enough courage to release NW early into next season if results are poor and give his replacement a fair chance to remedy the situation. I believe that,if we fail to reach at least the play-offs next season, we will see a decline in season ticket sales and attendance overall. In conclusion the board must not be afraid to act decisively ,and even contemplate the unthinkable and release NW in the summer.

[quote user="Bill Taylor"]What a well written article by a man who has attended 39 matches this season- think you could call him a true supporter. He clearly feels ,like I suspect do many supporters that it is time for a change of management if the team are to move forward. This season has been totally unacceptable with the same cliches being brought out both by players and manager alike on a regular basis.  NW''s comments after the Preston game sum it up nicely,while he was saying that it was a good performance reporters  from the Sunday Times and The Independent said thay were very poor and played like a side that had not recorded an away win in 2006. No team that has lost 13 away games and conceeded 40 goals  away from home is premiership material. I can understand Steve Gedge''s reasons for not staying after the match,there really was not much to celebrate. The ironical reward for the players for such a lack lustre season is they get longer off as they are not in the play-offs.It was disturbing to read that NW is contemplating talking to Johansson about a permanent move,this makes little sense as NW has had a chance to look at him first hand and I cannot believe he has been impressed,bearing in mind  he has only played a limited number of games and was less than impressive. It was interesting to read the comments of the Wolves Chairman who stated that their  season''s performance was not good enough for the Board or supporters,it is a pity that we do not have a Chairman who is prepared to make such a statement and put the manager and players on notice that what we have witnessed this season is not good enough. I fear that NW and his staff will be in place at the beginning of next season and I dread what the calibre of our summer signings will be. I just hope the board has enough courage to release NW early into next season if results are poor and give his replacement a fair chance to remedy the situation. I believe that,if we fail to reach at least the play-offs next season, we will see a decline in season ticket sales and attendance overall. In conclusion the board must not be afraid to act decisively ,and even contemplate the unthinkable and release NW in the summer.[/quote]

Agreed.