Sign in to follow this  
Farkes The Herald Angels

For goodness sake grow up

I''m sick of the whole thing.

Every organisation in the world, be it a football team, an airline, a hi-tech company goes through up times and down times. And of course its the right of everybody to speak their mind about the ups and the downs.

The most telling moment of the season for me was a friend - a QPR supporter - telling me he found the attitude of the Norwich fans to the team on that day (at Loftus Road) was horrifying: that he couldn''t believe how damaging the huge support we had was to the fortunes of the team.

It was obvious so early in the season that the attitude of the supporters to the lack of success was a key part in why we ended up being a disappointment all season, however good or bad the manger may have been.

Fine, there were 25,000 every home game and a fantastic away support that many Premier league clubs would die for. But what''s the point in all those numbers if some of that support turns into exactly the opposite so often.

Realise that the anti-support does nothing but demoralise and whoever wants to be part of it should stay in the pub, play darts and slag off the racing commentator instead.

Stop thinking that we have some right to be successful and play your part in making it happen

You''d have thought that the support witnessed over the past 2 years despite the total dross on offer WAS supporting the team and it''s had no impact, indeed it''s only in the past 4 months that people have started asking serious questions. Sooner or later people will realise that the GENUINE reason behind the lack of achievement, and terrible results isn''t the fans, but maybe, just maybe the Management.

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

I''m sick of the whole thing.

Every organisation in the world, be it a football team, an airline, a hi-tech company goes through up times and down times. And of course its the right of everybody to speak their mind about the ups and the downs.

The most telling moment of the season for me was a friend - a QPR supporter - telling me he found the attitude of the Norwich fans to the team on that day (at Loftus Road) was horrifying: that he couldn''t believe how damaging the huge support we had was to the fortunes of the team.

It was obvious so early in the season that the attitude of the supporters to the lack of success was a key part in why we ended up being a disappointment all season, however good or bad the manger may have been.

Fine, there were 25,000 every home game and a fantastic away support that many Premier league clubs would die for. But what''s the point in all those numbers if some of that support turns into exactly the opposite so often.

Realise that the anti-support does nothing but demoralise and whoever wants to be part of it should stay in the pub, play darts and slag off the racing commentator instead.

Stop thinking that we have some right to be successful and play your part in making it happen

[/quote]it''s this type of attitude that leads to the divisions among the fans. Of course i forgot your opinion must be correct!WORTHY OUT

I would certainly agree that the behaviour of a part of the crowd at the QPR game was absolutely shameful - particularly the victimization of Andy Hughes! And I actually think, RR, that this has also contributed to divisions among fans - as much as the cause you cite.   

MP - The support for the majority of the season, both home and away, has been superb; for others to say that the fans have somehow contributed to the failures of the manager and team is not on. The fans cheered themselves stupid on cold, wet nights at QPR, Luton and Millwall, and look what happened on the field.

My chosen horse came last in this year''s Grand National, but I wasn''t blaming it on the crowd in the grandstand at Aintree! 

Everyone who pays money has a right to complain about poor service or inferior items .The cost of watching the city has spiralled since the days of Saunders ,Forbes,Keelan & co and as you will recall a poor performance then resulted in a rain of cushions from the mainstand All of the posters are avid loyal fans spending hard earned cash on transport,merchandise and season tickets and voice their concerns of a second poor season with Worthy in charge.Worthys man management skills are at the best very poor and leaving Hughes to take the abuse was outrageous, the sensible thing would have been to sub him at once but  no he just left him to die.Worthy just cares about Worthy but the loyal 25,000 fans care for Norwich City and will still be there after he`s long gone.Seeing is believing and what we have seen has given us nothing to believe in but more of the same.His interviews and statements just add more fuel to the raging fire of discontent.The only new thing he has to offer us is his resignation ,which will put it out ,then the club can move forward again.

Yep its the supporters fault Left backs were reguarly played in midfield with proper midfieders fit and available....  bury your head back in the sand buddy....   some people havbe no clue!!!  I bet you rate andy hughes too - played every game he was fit and is total crud.

Link, I don''t really know why you have directed any of those comments at me. I am quite aware of the amount and quality of our support for most of the season. I think you have assumed that my comments regarding the QPR game imply that I am criticising the crowd in general, which I am not. I thought I was merely agreeing that the QPR game witnessed some disgraceful victimisation which actually was completely counterproductive to any WO cause, and pointing out to RR that I thought that this type of behaviour was as much to blame for the recent antagonism as the attitude of Kevin Keelan - as claimed by RR.  In fact I have re-read my post and I am certain that is what I said.