Sign in to follow this  
maninyellowslacks

Thanks Nigel

I would like to take this opportunity, having watched the worst season in some time following Norwich, to thank Nigel Worthington for insulting me and the many others that left following Sundays game.

I thought we were better than we have been but we did not seem to be the fired up ''7th at all costs'' team that was indicated by the man himself.

I left before the end for the first time ever in attending the last home game and for good reason. A few players aside the team did not deserve my applause and the manager certainly does not. When we left at the whistle the road outside was full of people and did not look that much different to when we leave normally. I was quite suprised to discover later that there was anyone left at all.

I listened into Roy and Neil afterwards on the way back in the car. I could not believe Roy''s ''all is forgiven'' comments and I was absolutely stunned to hear Worthington''s comments after the game. He meant exactly what he said and that was

''...there''s the monority that like to air their opinion but I thought after the game we went round the pitch and the true supporters were there showing their loyalty to the situation which was tremendous...''

and later

''...that is the true supporters of Norwich City through thick and thin and that''s what supporters are all about, you get some supporters who just think that they have a god given right to win every single game...''

Right as someone who left early along with countless others I am according to the manager not a true supporter by definition. If the true supporters were there and I was not then I can only be described as not a true supporter. Thanks Nigel.

You do not deserve my congratulation for the crap season that you have just served up to us. The team barring some exceptions does not either as I believe that it is not all your fault. The attitude displayed by the team this season has been woeful. They often seem to say they care about winning but they certainly haven''t carried this onto the pitch for even a minority of the games this season. All in all pretty poor and the man in charge thinks all is ok.

Then as if that wasn''t enough you determine that our loyalty be questioned also. Great end to a great season. I look forward to next season and will display my lack of loyalty and I will also use my god given right not to win every single game as that is foolish but I do believe we have a god given right to watch a team who are actually trying to win every single game. 

We started the season with no excuses and we end it listing lots of them. I am glad that your principals are firmly engrained within your character. From tough words to tough luck.

I will also use my god given right not to win every single game as that is foolish but I do believe we have a god given right to watch a team who are actually trying to win every single game.

Spot on!

This isn''t just the first time he''s insulted us remember his "i don''t care what the fans think" comment.

Reality is not something that Nigel Worthington has adhered to for a some time. The truth is out there, but not for the time being...

Thanks Delia, can we have our football club back now?

Why are you suprised that Worthy has taken a swipe at the WOuters?  Many of you have been taking shots at him for months.

I seem to remember Green making a gesture at the fans not so long ago and being roundly backed by many.

I''m not saying Worthy In or Out - i''m just amazed that your so shocked and upset by his comments.

I think the comment re fans expecting to win every game is laughable.  Quite frankly he is making light of the fact the people are upset because we actually lost more games than we won.  Only four teams lost more times than us this season and three of them got relegated.  We were favourites for promotion, let alone making the play-offs and if Mr Worthington feels that finishing 13 points off 6th place is an acceptable season, then he is lying to himself.

To counter Worthtington''s comments on Sunday, I''d like to say that anyone who remained in the stadium after the game on Sunday to applaud the players are ''weak minded sheep'' who clearly don''t understand the severity of the situation we face.

I left together with the other 15,000 ''non fans'' at the end of the game and it is us who are the ''true fans'' of this football club as it is us who can see the seriousness of Worthington being here at the start of next season.

It is clear that a new manager needs the WHOLE of the summer to sort this mess out, and can anyone really trust Worthington to identify and target the type of player that everyone can see that we need?

We cannot afford to give Worthington the first 10 games of next season as the transfer window shuts at the end of August and a new manager would have to wait until January to do anything.

Please Worthington accept when your time is up , a la Curbishley and give us a fighting chance for next season..........GO NOW !!!

GJL

How dare you suggest that those of us who remained in the stands are ''weak minded sheep''. Comments like that do more damage to this club than a poor season ever could. You make me ashamed to call myself a fellow supporter if that''s the way you see the rest of us. This is a sad, sad day. I hope you''re proud of yourself.

You are all weak sheep , your supporting Worthington for what then ? the great football ? .In my opinion your all as much to blame as the Irishman for the state of the club.

Did I say I was supporting Worthington? Or is that just another ridiculous assumption? Perhaps I might have wanted to be there to applaud Robert Green, who we probably won''t see again, for his years of service? Or The Doc, for making the effort all season? Or Hucks, one of the most skillfull players we''ve ever had, for staying with us when he could have buggered off with Ashton? Or Leon for making it through such an appalling year for him personally and getting out on the pitch again? Or Shackell, because I believe he''s a good player and I want him to stay? Or Fleming for years of service and at least having the heart to carry on? Or any of our highly talented youngsters to whom I''d like to show my gratitude but probably can''t wait to get away because of blinkered ''supporters'' like you?

Shall I go on?

I want rid of him but I''m not at all surprised he has been pressured into retorting after all the flak he has been receiving. The football has been unacceptable this season but his comments, IMO, are the result of permanent pressure and flak. 

Yes he''s had flak and rightly so we''ve been wretched this season and as manager of the club he must ultimately take the blame for that.  He''s paid vast sums of money for what he does and so must expect to take criticsm when the team under performs. 

I have no sympathy for Worthington as he should have been sacked last November and has outstayed his tenure at this club.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]

GJL

How dare you suggest that those of us who remained in the stands are ''weak minded sheep''. Comments like that do more damage to this club than a poor season ever could. You make me ashamed to call myself a fellow supporter if that''s the way you see the rest of us. This is a sad, sad day. I hope you''re proud of yourself.

[/quote]

wooooh  woooh got offended did we!!!   if you cabnt see the idiocy comuing out of the management at carrow road then good....  get back in front of your TV pleb and beleive everything George Bush says!!  He must be doing a good job because he say''s so....

left backs in central midfield??  has it ever happened before at city with a fully fit squad??  I am sure one of the old farts on here can remember a time?

Did I say I was supporting Worthington? Or is that just another ridiculous assumption? Perhaps I might have wanted to be there to applaud Robert Green, who we probably won''t see again, for his years of service? Or The Doc, for making the effort all season? Or Hucks, one of the most skillfull players we''ve ever had, for staying with us when he could have buggered off with Ashton? Or Leon for making it through such an appalling year for him personally and getting out on the pitch again? Or Shackell, because I believe he''s a good player and I want him to stay? Or Fleming for years of service and at least having the heart to carry on? Or any of our highly talented youngsters to whom I''d like to show my gratitude but probably can''t wait to get away because of blinkered ''supporters'' like you?

Shall I go on?

[/quote]

hey you mentioned a swearword there Juan - Skill - if you truely support worthy you will never say it again, its hard work and headless chicken style running all the way....  I am a true supprter, worthy said so, are you??? Perhaps not King of Dulldearia!!

King Juan of Spain,

It wasn''t anything personal, that was kind of the ponit I am trying to make, now maybe you can see how hurtful Worthington''s comments were to me and the other 15000 fans who didn''t stay behind and the end !!

WORTHINGTON OUT !!

GJL - I can understand how you feel, and I won''t take it personally, but that doesn''t mean those of us that stayed behind should be subject to abuse. I didn''t stay because I support Worthington, as I mentioned it''s because I wanted to applaud some loyal players who quite probably won''t be here next year. I think those who left showed their displeasure in the right way and I have absolutely no problem with it. It doesn''t make you or I a better fan than each other, and I''d like to think we both did what we did for the right reasons.

However:

CJF: I''m not sure there''s any need to be so personal is there? Your first rant seems completely unconnected to anything I''ve actually said, even though you''ve copied and pasted my quote (as you are so adept at doing). I haven''t at any point in the post said I support Worthington, or that I believe anything he says. I don''t get what you are trying to do here - you are capable of eloquent posts yet you stoop to levels that really ought to be moderated. Calling me a pleb is a bit out of order, frankly, although I could be patronising and point out that we are all plebs if you look at the true meaning of the word. But I won''t.

Perhaps you could accept that while not all of us agree on certain things, we are entitled to support the team and for that we should not be subjected to mindless criticism. 

I think its making a mountain out of a molehill, but I can see why those who have it in for him as a person will find it useful to focus on it because it shows a large amount of stupidity and a lack of judgement on his part which, as manager of our team, I find more worrying than the gravity of insult conveyed in this rash moment. I actually am far more concerned with his ability (or lack of) to get our team performing consistently well. 

BENNYLONGLEGS WROTE "Why are you suprised that Worthy has taken a swipe at the WOuters?  Many of you have been taking shots at him for months.

I seem to remember Green making a gesture at the fans not so long ago and being roundly backed by many.

I''m not saying Worthy In or Out - i''m just amazed that your so shocked and upset by his comments."

Because his comments are a disgrace to the fans and the club. I am 25 and have been a season ticket holder since i was 7 years old, i''ve been here through thick and thin so what right does have to question my loyality to the club i love. The sooner you Wlovers realise that he is not good for this CLUB the better.

I have to say that I agree with everything King Juan of Spain says, does that make me a mindless sheep as well, or a pleb? There are some players that deserve our support, and if there are those out there so blinkered that they cannot see it, then i pity them. Resorting to personal insults is just not good enough, if you can''t come out with a reasoned argumant, then don''t bother posting. Playground chants should have been left at school. Insulting other supports just because they don''t share your point of view is well out of order, and certainly does not carry the discussion forward.

Oh, and OTBC

My point with the ''weak minded sheep'' thing was to counter the ill-informed,ill-advised generalisation that our manager saw fit to make about the 15000 people that left after the game.

We can all play at cat-calling but when the manager of the football club comes out with a comment like that which is designed to provoke and drive a wedge between supporters surely this is a pretty serious matter.

Lets not forget that this isn''t the first time we''ve heard comments from him like that this season, remember the radio Norfolk interview after the Reading home match when qusetioned why McVeigh was substituted ......."I dont care what the fans think",

these are things which live long in the memory.

GJL - I can understand how you feel, and I won''t take it personally, but that doesn''t mean those of us that stayed behind should be subject to abuse. I didn''t stay because I support Worthington, as I mentioned it''s because I wanted to applaud some loyal players who quite probably won''t be here next year. I think those who left showed their displeasure in the right way and I have absolutely no problem with it. It doesn''t make you or I a better fan than each other, and I''d like to think we both did what we did for the right reasons.

However:

CJF: I''m not sure there''s any need to be so personal is there? Your first rant seems completely unconnected to anything I''ve actually said, even though you''ve copied and pasted my quote (as you are so adept at doing). I haven''t at any point in the post said I support Worthington, or that I believe anything he says. I don''t get what you are trying to do here - you are capable of eloquent posts yet you stoop to levels that really ought to be moderated. Calling me a pleb is a bit out of order, frankly, although I could be patronising and point out that we are all plebs if you look at the true meaning of the word. But I won''t.

Perhaps you could accept that while not all of us agree on certain things, we are entitled to support the team and for that we should not be subjected to mindless criticism. 

[/quote]

Sorry King Juan, I was plastered last night back from the pub when I wrote that stuff.... I apologise for the rubbish I wrote [:$]