Sign in to follow this  
YGB

Chris Sutton

Chris Sutton will be joining us in the summer this is not a rumour as one of my friends is working on his house which is being built in norwich and his daughter has been signed up to a school in the city.

Thoughts?

[quote user="YGB"]

Chris Sutton will be joining us in the summer this is not a rumour as one of my friends is working on his house which is being built in norwich and his daughter has been signed up to a school in the city.

Thoughts?

[/quote]

I''ve heard this before, and I believe it. Does anyone want him here? I mean he''s good but he''s goalscoring record at Brum wasn''t too good. I just hope his wages aren''t too high!

yea it would be good. ill believe it when i see it though because sutton has been "coming home" every year since he left!

Excellent, IF it is true and dont give me a friend of a friend of a friend story, it is just a rumour as you cannot provide any fact.

I would be delighted if he joined although like someone said he is very injury prone now  and will be a bit like saf missing half the season on the treatment table.

If it is true, remember that he is a bit of a fiery character.........can''t see it being long before he falls out with NW (assuming he is still here).

Mark .Y.

I saw Carl Cort in Asda!!!! (Those of you who have been here a while will remember that one!!!!)

I have said he would be a great signing before. Him and earny would be immense together up front. I also believe you because you are not a 1 post wonder who is just trying to wind us all up.

In Asda - I saw him atthe ground and shaking hands with Nige - does that meanthe deal is done morty!:)

i have no reason not to believe this. birmingham are down so no point staying there. i would definately welcome him back. just what we need.

[quote user="Genral Juninho Steggius Cataphractius"]

Sutton and Earnshaw... Sounds good to me...I hope its true.

[/quote]

Just had a thought. Wasnt the house he had supposedly brought in roughton mate? Please Explain?

I rarely hope this is all true though.

even if he doesn''t score many he his tall and strong, can drop off play and thread earnie through because he has played behind larsson and hartson for celtic so must therefore be able to create

[quote user="Matt Hudson"][quote user="Genral Juninho Steggius Cataphractius"]

Sutton and Earnshaw... Sounds good to me...I hope its true.

[/quote]

Just had a thought. Wasnt the house he had supposedly brought in roughton mate? Please Explain?

I rarely hope this is all true though.

[/quote]

"Rarely" - I think i mean "really".

Also I an from Diss and no the Upson family and Matt Upsons Mum said that Chris has bought a house in Norwich as well so there must besomething in it.

did i not see bryan gunn and jeremy goss on the pitch yesterday, were they nt holding norwich shirts and announcing there impending return to the starting 11?

sutton shouldnt lead the attack.
should be on the bench can play upfront, defensive mid and at centre back.
he is quality.
never was that fast so he is still much the same player.

He was on £45k at brum but will not stay there so will be looking for a club.  He is injury prone now so a hefty pay as you play deal may be OK. If we want a target man (Leon/Steve Howard swap deal being muted allegedly) he is good but will he play enough games for us?

As I always say - never go back...

He was on 40k a week at Brum - do you think he''ll take a 90% paycut to play for us? That''s ignoring the fact that he was signed to ''save'' Brum from relegation and has scored one goal in about 15 games...

Hi i dont post on here very often but on this topic i feel that i might as well.

Chris Sutton''s agent contacted the club in January and offered him to

norwich on substancially less than 40k a week. He was told that ''there

was no place for him at the football club at the minute'' (this is

pre-earnie remember) and he would almost certainly not be a regular

starter. He was prepared to take the lower division and lower wage

because this was where he wanted his family, and his past affections

for the club

The Sutton family has a house near cromer where his wife and children are currently living.

And how do i know this? The headteacher of the school his children are at is a friend of mine, and fellow Norwich fan.

Dontcha love worthy?

[quote user="Daveinnorfolk"]Hi i dont post on here very often but on this topic i feel that i might as well.

Chris Sutton''s agent contacted the club in January and offered him to norwich on substancially less than 40k a week. He was told that ''there was no place for him at the football club at the minute'' (this is pre-earnie remember) and he would almost certainly not be a regular starter. He was prepared to take the lower division and lower wage because this was where he wanted his family, and his past affections for the club

The Sutton family has a house near cromer where his wife and children are currently living.

And how do i know this? The headteacher of the school his children are at is a friend of mine, and fellow Norwich fan.

Dontcha love worthy?

[/quote]

If this is true, Worthy just put the final nail in his coffin! However, until I hear for definite he wants to sign I''ll take it as pure speculation. Earnie & Sutton would actually get me exited about going back next season.

Surely shirt sales wouls soar too!!