Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

So, maximum support for 10 games?

Sorry to start another post on this but dionysus seems to have

established the beginnings of a consensus that NW has 10 games at the

start of next season to show that we can be a force.

Whatever our position, we all know he''s going to be here at the start

of the season at least. So it seems to me like a good opportunity to

ensure we get everyone behind the team and to create the atmos of old

at CR at least at the start of the season. It''s not in anyone''s

interest to have the qpr atmosphere at the ground.

At least 10 games gives everyone some breathing space. And i''ll make

this promise now - if we''re not within 3 points of the top 6 after 10

games, i''ll join the WO camp! Although if we are 3 points off the top 6

after 10 games, i''m sure the qpr atmos will be back with a vengeance!

[quote user="a1canary"]Sorry to start another post on this but dionysus seems to have established the beginnings of a consensus that NW has 10 games at the start of next season to show that we can be a force.

Whatever our position, we all know he''s going to be here at the start of the season at least. So it seems to me like a good opportunity to ensure we get everyone behind the team and to create the atmos of old at CR at least at the start of the season. It''s not in anyone''s interest to have the qpr atmosphere at the ground.

At least 10 games gives everyone some breathing space. And i''ll make this promise now - if we''re not within 3 points of the top 6 after 10 games, i''ll join the WO camp! Although if we are 3 points off the top 6 after 10 games, i''m sure the qpr atmos will be back with a vengeance!

[/quote]

I said it before and I will say it again, it will not take much to get the excitement back at FCR.  A couple of good summer signings and a positive pre-season will have the atmosphere return for the beginning of next season.

City must do their transfers early, get the side and squad settled and start the season well.

I for one will support the club and not voice negative comments until the season is properly underway.

Sorry but no. Having seen the previous 2 years, looking at the current squad, looking at the current management it makes no sense at all to say "well, yes those were 2 feeble years, oh well.... all is forgiven, lets start again". The point is, I want Nigel and the whole of his Management team out of my club, they are not the long term future, they do more damage than good, so why on earth would I want to get behind them. I do not support their tactics, their approach, their public announcements, I question their signings, everything about them is wrong.

I have formed this opinion over 5 years, 10 games is not going to change it, even if Nige wins 8 of the 10 (very very very unlikely).

For me the start of next season will simply be a continuance of the end of this, and the atmospheres at Carrow Rd will continue to be poisonous until the sole contributing factor - the Management is changed. I''m not saying boo players, but there is no way I''m giving Nigel maximum support next season. He''s had maximum support for 5 years, and throughout the last 2, and where has it got us?  It''s time to be a little bit tougher about the rubbish we accept. Nigel and his Management do NOT have my support, and I doubt they ever will again.

Not for me , no support for this manager whatsoever , he is harming this club big time , worst football we have ever played . If he is here at the start of next season expect the Worthy Out chants first match.

Camberwick has summed it up perfectly for me. I''ve thought it rather odd this season the way opinions on Worthington have seemed to sway (in both directions) on the basis of a result or two.

We''ve had five years to assess the bloke and whether he''s the right person to take the club forward - which is surely the only important question. I know what my answer would be, and a few more games at the start of next season isnt going to change my mind whether we win, or lose, them all.

IMO worthy should not be manager come the start of the season and shouldnt even have finished this one in charge; however the board appear to have a different opinion and it seems unlikely that my wish for a new manager will happen soon enough.

In those circumstances and purely for the sake of the team and a hoped for good season will I give maximum support to the team.   However there is no 10 game guarantee - no significant visible progress in signings (quality in midfield is the musthve) or in on pitch approach and poor performances and results in the first 4 games may be enough to know whether the leopards spots have changed.

I see that Soton have already signed Rasiak showing deals can be done early doors - come on city; identify and get the players you want now; dont always leave it too late.   The whole club fiddles while rome burns - its like an episode of the procrastinators.

So you think that floating around the top 6 for the season playing poor football, but enough too beat the rubbish opposition seen this season will keep you happy.  Its the performances on the pitch that excite the crowd, without the performance the crowd will be as quiet as they have been this season. Sadly the players who let us down will be here along with the man that bought them.

Sad [:(]There is no hope!

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]I would rather finish 4th bottom than tolerate this Irish fool any longer .[/quote] Surely, if we win 7 of the first ten games, shoot to the top of the league and look bang on course for the premier league, worthington will be back in business? From my own point of view, its not personal, I just hate to see Norwich city regularly humiliated by pub teams and want the situatiion to change. No clubs fans would tolerate a careless, hapless display against hated local rivals, so reading about criticism from QPR fans about our levels of support makes me laugh. I have my doubts about NW''s ability to turn this tound, and the board and some sections of our support have also made me angry,  but i just want to see entertaining football, which invariably means winning football. Punch our weight, thrash ippo twice, (you owe us that at least) and I dont care who the hell is manager.... Why would anyone want to sack a manager who is winning? Like it or not, hes staying.. I want us to be promoted, my support is guaranteed, my patience is limited.

And if it''s borderline, say five wins and five defeats? Do we give another 10 weeks, to make up our minds?The truth is that we have had two very poor years, and for the last 8 months people have been saying "Just a few more weeks!". By now we surely know his limitations and approach. At times recently only a gifted goal or two, or the stunning saves by the forgotten Gallacher, have prevented real embarrassment, and saved his baconHis judgement is at fault - a good midfield could carry Robinson, Etuhu or Hughes but we have had all three regularly, his dislike of youth and other players(such as McVeigh - nearly top scorer and certainly top provider in only part of the season!), are not temporary mistakes but part of the man.If he for once made some good summer signings, of players who will dominate a match, and if we won all ten games next season, I would rejoice with everybody, but we know the chances are slim., and giving one or two ten week periods will probably consign next season to the "forgettable" category, and do long term damage to the club and support.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

IMO worthy should not be manager come the start of the season and shouldnt even have finished this one in charge; however the board appear to have a different opinion and it seems unlikely that my wish for a new manager will happen soon enough.

In those circumstances and purely for the sake of the team and a hoped for good season will I give maximum support to the team.   However there is no 10 game guarantee - no significant visible progress in signings (quality in midfield is the musthve) or in on pitch approach and poor performances and results in the first 4 games may be enough to know whether the leopards spots have changed.

I see that Soton have already signed Rasiak showing deals can be done early doors - come on city; identify and get the players you want now; dont always leave it too late.   The whole club fiddles while rome burns - its like an episode of the procrastinators.

[/quote]

I agree with you Zipper and you know I advocated early signings last summer and I am doing the same now but using Rasiak as an example is a bit of an unfair marker.

The deal for Rasiak was done in January but he came in as an "emergency loan" because the deadline for signing players permanently had passed.  This has been a done deal for many months, just as Etuhu was for us.  The announcement of this signing is merely Lowe using a bit of positive spin and trying to focus attention away from himself and the boardroom battle he finds himself in presently.

A small point but those who think some of the actions of our fans has been petty.  We have a candidate running in our council elections who’s sole policy is to remove Lowe from Southampton FC.

Wasnt aware of that Saint - thanks for clarifying.   What it does do is show that deal can now be signed - Jimmy Bullard is another which has been completed.

Will be interesting to see how JJ2 takes any discussions with the club which I hope are happening now.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Wasnt aware of that Saint - thanks for clarifying.   What it does do is show that deal can now be signed - Jimmy Bullard is another which has been completed.

Will be interesting to see how JJ2 takes any discussions with the club which I hope are happening now.

[/quote]

It can be done Zipper but in honesty I think the reason why we haven''t and why we won''t is because the board don''t want to pay a new players wages for a month or two before the season starts.  They would rather save the money than get the job done early.

I wouldn''t even give the manager maximum support for 10 minutes......"3 times" he''s had a ''pop'' at the fans-and it''s now his 3rd strike and he''s gotta be out!

In the last 5 seasons, he''s had a bit of a go - and for that I''ll give him credit......ish, for the Championship title - but nothing else!

I have yet to see him as a member of a football pundit panel or co-commentate on any games......because he, in my opinion, lacks personality, is unsettled by critics and uncomfortable with the media. I think he needs to address his man-management skills and he''s certainly not a man that can handle the pressure. It certainly reflects on the squad as there is not a current player at NCFC who is a leader in the Malky or Iwan mode; and as strange as it may sound, I think that Nigel is content with that situation.

Look at the other Championship & Premiership manager''s.........who is similar to Nigel?............No-one!  

As for prefering to finish 4th bottom to having NW in charge, that just says it all. Can''t you accept even the idea that we might have learnt a lot from this season, players, management, board and fans alike and that we could move forward as a result? That''s the idea behind the ten games next season.
What if we won promotion? Would you still be a lonely voice chanting ''worthy out''? Something tells me you would be, sadly.

If you think the majority of Norwich fans will ever get behind Worthington again you are very very wrong , so many dont care about results anymore they just want him gone .

[quote user="a1canary"]As for prefering to finish 4th bottom to having NW in charge, that just says it all. Can''t you accept even the idea that we might have learnt a lot from this season, players, management, board and fans alike and that we could move forward as a result? That''s the idea behind the ten games next season.
What if we won promotion? Would you still be a lonely voice chanting ''worthy out''? Something tells me you would be, sadly.

[/quote]

''learned a lot''  who are you kidding....  do you not read the drivel in his column. he could get us promoted - he has spent 5 million quid this season for christs sake.  Ady Bothroyd took a poor watford side and spent a million..... Billy Davies less...