Sign in to follow this  
slackey

steve foley sacked

[quote user="The Judge"]

From sources quite close to the club and some of the players - Foley was actually the best of the Famous Four (and i''m including Keith Webb here). Alot of the players actually had alot of respect for him - more than they did for the others.(apparrently Craig Bellamy still rings him up for advise - which says alot about the man)

So unless some of the others go aswell - expect to see NO changes to the style of football we play - morale may even drop further with the players.

Lets hope this is just the start - surely Livermore must go aswell - just actually what does he do....as for Keith Webb (who gets on well with Worthington) he has no coaching qualifications or footballing background and he was becoming more and more involved with decision making within the team as the season went on and see where that got us.

All I can hope is the new head coach is allowed to bring his own team in with him - here''s praying.

[/quote]

it doesn''t say much does it really? bellamy is famed for doing stupid things on and off the field. foley can'';t be that good an adviser.

[quote user="The Judge"]

From sources quite close to the club and some of the players - Foley was actually the best of the Famous Four (and i''m including Keith Webb here). Alot of the players actually had alot of respect for him - more than they did for the others.(apparrently Craig Bellamy still rings him up for advise - which says alot about the man)

So unless some of the others go aswell - expect to see NO changes to the style of football we play - morale may even drop further with the players.

Lets hope this is just the start - surely Livermore must go aswell - just actually what does he do....as for Keith Webb (who gets on well with Worthington) he has no coaching qualifications or footballing background and he was becoming more and more involved with decision making within the team as the season went on and see where that got us.

All I can hope is the new head coach is allowed to bring his own team in with him - here''s praying.

[/quote]

it doesn''t say much does it really? bellamy is famed for doing stupid things on and off the field. foley can'';t be that good an adviser.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="chicken"]Again I will point out that this has been the fundlemental floor of the pinkun boards "out" protests so far. After a season like this people still need to look for more mud to throw when there is plenty at hand already - with more substancial arguments behind it than "Worthington hates everybody". To be  quite  honest its  rather childish.[/quote]

Flaw in what - this is pub talk on these boards, yer gonna get semsible people, scare mongerers all types of people and all ages.....

In essense many want worthy out because he has become stale.  He is wasteing the clubs money, not getting results and now has started offending the customers!  What more needs to be said really....

[/quote]Obviously a lot of rubbish because I think that is the most sence you have made all season! Keep it simple keep it powerful. Had that been what people united under rather than a ludicrous whitch hunt through all the rooms and corridors or colney and Carrow Road I think a lot more people would have joined in and stuck at it.

Williams seems to be perfect for the job. We might gets some passing football going.... hopefully

imo it is a big step in the right direction. I know Worthy must take a lot of the blame but coaches are also responsible for making sure the team is ready for set-pieces and knows how to manage certain defensive and attacking situations during matches. If we appoint a good coach then we will see a big improvement i think

A friend of mine knows Steve and spoke to him only last Saturday and they briefly discussed the situation at the club.

My friend asked Steve if he thought that NW would walk in the summer, Foley said he didn''t think that he would walk but that he wouldn''t blame him if he did. He also doubted that he would be sacked.

My friend was very shocked that Foley had been sacked and he said that Foley was a smashing fella who had time for everyone and would always talk to people. Foley gave no indication during the conversation that he knew he was departing the club so whatever happened, happened after Saturday.

On Saturday Steve Foley was at the Lowestoft Town v Bury game. He often goes along to those sort of games when he can to see how the ex-City kids are getting on. On Saturday Woodrow scored a couple, one a cracker, for Town.

I don''t know much, but have a few links from inside the club through various sources and some people put this bad season down to Foley''s health as he was the one who made us play good football. My personal view is a fully fit and focused Foley, especially during the closed season last summer, would have seen us now preparing to play again on Friday night.

I am glad there is/ will be a bit of a freshen up. Everything seems to have gone stale, floey seems a scapegoat but then its the head coach''s job to train the players. The main clowns bar Worthy are the other 2, Web has no clue whatsoever while livermore the so called asssistent manager should be removed as well. I understand Livermores role is to suggest potential signings etc, he is the link between the scouts and worthy and so perhaps he''s to blame for Jurgen Colin, peter thorne and andy hughes.

the fact is that we have clearly been useless in many apartments that the coach should be adressing. Yes, he was a very nice man. But how many free kicks have we scored in the last 5 years?