Sign in to follow this  
DuncanMirams

KENTON AND BRENNAN BOTH RELEASED BY SOUTHAMPTON

both good squad players, better than most of the ones we have bought in.
kenton was a quality player and who can forget jim brennan''s goal against everton.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]both good squad players, better than most of the ones we have bought in.
kenton was a quality player and who can forget jim brennan''s goal against everton.[/quote]

... except that they''re both dossers, of no use to anyone.

This does not surprise me in the slightest. I had been on this site slagging Jim Brennen off for months and was pleased when Worthington finally got shot of that waste of space. I never rated him, and he was always unsurprisingly present in the first team when we had a ''no-show''. And now the bloke has finally been found out. He did nothing for us in 2.5 years, and clearly didn''t do enough to impress Southampton to warrant a longer deal. Football scrapheap awaits Jimbo - you''re a complete and utter waste of space - a bit like our Phil ''five bellies'' Mulryne. Who in the world will be willing to give those clowns a contract now? The football league is chocking with players out of contract, and those two are on their way down and out. And quite frankly, it should be a warning to all of the players on our books. Waste your opportunities, and you''ll be on the football scrapheap - are you listing Etuhu et al?

As regards Kenton, I think under a strong manager who knows how to get him playing he can return to the kind of form we saw from him a few years back. Although that would be as much up to him as well - whether he has an attitude problem is another question. The other two I mentioned I would say no chance.

Still, it is odd how rapid some of our outcasts have fallen: Rivers to Carlise; Mullers on his way out of Cardiff; Brennen and Kenton working their way down the leagues. Just shows what happens if your attitude stinks.

I rate Kenton too.

Shame he had an attack of ''bigclub itis'' (see also Marshall,A) because the season he left us he was simply the best player by a mile in the majority of our games during the first half of the season.Became a bit of a big time Charlie after that by all accounts and fell out with Worthy so little chance of getting him here (if he''d come).Would be great in the problem right back position and also was more than useful at centre back.

As for Brennan , its a shame Worthy took nearly 3 years to suss out what George Burley sussed out in 4 months....

I''m not surprised about Brennan. He was a disappointment for me. Kenton might be a good signing on a free, it depends who else we might be able to get in and it is going back which often doesn''t work out. I shouldn''t imagine Worthy is a Kenton fan!