Sign in to follow this  
city-boy

A Complete Disgrace

you cant ask for a more honest man then steve foley. i know steve very well and i can not believe that the club are terminating his contract and not the managers.  steve is very well known around carrow road and especially at away games he will take time out and come and speak to the fans. 

it looks tho as if steve is taking the blame for such a poor season when we all know that it is nigels fault .  the reason probly is that steve isnt far enough up Delia''s ass like nigel is.

thank you steve for 10 fantastic years and you certainly will be most not just at carrow road but also around the training ground. i hope your health will be back to full fitness and i wish you every success in the near future and hopefully you become an assistant to a better manager then nigel "useless" worthington

I must admit I didnt know much about Steve Foley, Apart from his ''One on the Chin'' remark, but after listening to an interview with him on Radio Norfolk about a month ago, where he talked openly and honestly about what was going on at carrow road, my opinion was changed.  He came across as a down to earth individual with the clubs interests at heart.  There was no sign of arrogance, dishonesty or idiocy....

My take on the situation is: It wouldnt surprise me if he and Worthy had had a bust up or disagreement at some point and because of this, his remark earlier in the season and his ill health, the board are using him as a sacrificial lamb.

So who do we have left??  Well the amazing Doug ''Yes Man'' Livermore and Keith ''Brown Noser'' Webb.  Things are looking up everybody!

What you see is what you get with steve very bubbly likeable person,

ive know of him for over twenty years as i used to watch him play for

Clochester utd on a friday night and then watch city on saturdays when

i was based in the town during the eighties .Ive spoken with him

several times at Colney he allways had time to speak , i just feel he

has  been made the  scapegoat  , but then maybe he just

saw the writing on the wall  and decided to go before the  he

was sacked along with the real reason we are in such a mess .Thanks

steve ,a genuine geezer if i ever met one OTBC

I agree it is a disgrace that he has been sacked but Worthy and Livermore are still there. Foley is a decent chap but you can''t get away from the fact that as first team coach he has a large impact on  tactics, style of play, set pieces, defending etc and therefore must take a fair amount of responsibility for this poor season. I''m not sorry to see him go from purely a footballing point of view but it is an injustice if Worthy and Doug don''t follow!