Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Iwan Roberts to replace Steve Foley

He''s our man, with Iwan in the coaching team it would be good for the whole team as he is a fairly inspiring person in the dressing roon. Secondly he knows the modern game well because of his experience. Also he is a club legend and should be assiocated with us some how (Like Gunn). I imagine he''s got the right qualifications to be a coach if so SIGN HIM UP WORTHY,

If Iwan was the coach i imagine moral would rocket up, he would be a good role model for the youngest in our team.

Iwan is the man to replace Foley!

And one of the worst coaches to qualify for his badges!  If he was such a good coach, why didnt Gillingham or Cambridge want his services. 

Get rid of the lot and bring in something new

Bring in Ian Crook. He''s got the qualifications & is a city legend too. He was one of the best midfield players we''ve ever had & could pass the ball better than anyone I''ve ever seen at FCR. Hopefully some of that vision would rub off on our squad!!

I would guess Iwan has already ended his chances with the comments in his book, and public criticism of the teams performances this season...

[quote user="huck tastic"]I would guess Iwan has already ended his chances with the comments in his book, and public criticism of the teams performances this season...[/quote]

Has to be ''Chipper'' Crook, coach first, then a month later................manager.

And why not?.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

it will be Keith Webb....

he has been coaching the first team since Christmas.

jas :)

[/quote]

What you mean ex ticket office manager, Keith Webb??  I suppose everyone has to start somewhere, and Negative Nige may give ''Brown Noser Webb'' his chance as he is supposedly a ''Yes'' man...

if we get webb as first team coach then god help us, how that man has kept his job after all these years is beyond me, he is out of his depth at reserve level, i agree he must be a yes man , but having him as first team coach, well league 1 here we come. o.t,b.c.       

If Iwan Roberts was so great why did Gillingham release him from his contract, after his coaching role had been removed ?

I would go along with the choice of Ian Crook, a man who has played cultured football at the highest level over a long period of time.

[quote user="Intenso"]

If Iwan Roberts was so great why did Gillingham release him from his contract, after his coaching role had been removed ?

I would go along with the choice of Ian Crook, a man who has played cultured football at the highest level over a long period of time.

[/quote] Roberts fell out badly with the Gillingham manager beacuse of not being played in games - not because of his poor coaching. Roberts or Crook would be an interesting choice for me but worth a try!