Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

I have Faith in Etuhu

Let''s face it, he''s had a dreadful season but I''ve always should he''s shows potential now and again. After reading whats on the pinkun today I''ve decided to back Etuhu all the way. If he does become a better player next season it''ll be great cause then we won''t have to watch hooooozey try to play football!

Etuhu will be a better player next season, i''m sure of it mainly because we seems to be after a right wingers (Halford, Dann, etc etc) so I think who ever we get for that position will help Etuhu''s game. When Safri gets fully fit he should be back to his normal self and that will improve Etuhu''s game and Hucks...........Well hucks is brilliant all the time.

If worthy gets a few good players in the summer, I think Norwich and espically Etuhu will improve.

I dont have any faith in Etuhu next season but im willing to wait and give him a second chance. Im worried that he dosn''t put himself about enough and he dosn''t seem to get forward enough. Im not sure if im the only one but that shot he had last sunday against Wolves, I thought was about the only decent shot he had in City colours. However he is still young and still has time on his side so i guess its a case of lets wait and see what happens.

My opinion on Dixon Etuhu is that he will become a vital aprt of the team. I think he''s started playing well recently and I believe it''s a sign of things to come from the Dixon. I also believe he will be on your list Tom ncfc as one of the players to form thr back bone of the team..

Etuhu certainly has age on his side. I never realised he was only 23, if he''d come through the Norwich ranks he''d still be classed as a promising youngster.Remember the last person to make a promise to get in better shape and have a better season next time? Gary Doherty, player of the season. Just saying ;)

i welcomed his signing and forecast he had the potential to be a top player.  v. disappointing start to say the least - however, there are encouraging signs and hopefully he will deliver next season for us and beyond

Seeing as though this time last year many of us on here put him on our transfer wish-lists It seems there must be something good to him!

And I think he will improve.

From what I''ve seen of him he seems to like to control the game. With a bit of specific coaching I think he can focus his game and become a strong player. Maybe when Saf is fit they can draw up their lines of battle and start a good partnership. I''m really encouraged by his and Safri''s determination to get going next season - let''s hope the talk turns into reality! 

I agree, we need at least 3 quality midfielders, if not 4 with safris injury proneness for next season.   etuhu should definately be one of them.   and he should be given his fair chance, I think he is a player playing on confidence, and will get better.    but we still need at least one other central midfielder.    keep etuhu, safri, and one of jarrett, robinson, and hughes, probably for me robinson, then get one good one.    and scrap the other too, asap.

The Preston fans probably kept faith in Preston because of his obvious ability for a while too.

Juan - specific coaching! You''re having a laugh. Our lot couldn''t coach a fish to swim.

Etuhu has been very frustrating this season. He clearly does have talent. He''s strong, athletic and tackles well when he''s trying but so much of the game seems to pass him by. Is his positional play really poor or is he just lazy?? Anyway I think an Etuhu firing on all cylinders could be a great asset to Norwich - we wait with baited breath....

I think Worthy needs to sit him down and tell him he is going to be made captain. He should then be shown videos of Roy Keane and Patrick Viera and told that he needs to understand that he has to give his all in every game. It should also be explained that as the captain he will become the teams "minder" - he is a big guy and he needs to impose himself on the opposition. He needs to have responsibility forced on to him so that he does not drop back into a comfort zone, he has all the physical attributes needed but, as is often said, at the top level of professional sport the game is played in the head as well as on the pitch.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Dionysus"]

The Preston fans probably kept faith in Preston because of his obvious ability for a while too.

Juan - specific coaching! You''re having a laugh. Our lot couldn''t coach a fish to swim.

[/quote]

Must every conversation turn into a slagging of the management? I thought we were discussing players here. Give it a rest for once!

I agree.  For a player who has not really been in the team for prolonged periods and used when there is an injury crisis, he looked very good against wolves.  For large parts of the game everything seemed to go through Dickson.  His running was purposeful and for once there was a midfielder who was prepared to run into danger areas.  His connection when passing was at times weak, but when he played throughballs they looked decisive.  His snap shot was slso powerful and almost brought about a goal..  If we can work on his confidence and fitness we could have a very good player on our hands.    

Iv every confidence Etuhu co1uld turn out a better player than Damien Francis was and one who genuinely cares about the canary cause.  With a pre-season in him and a regualr midfield parter, our midfield doesnt now look all that bad.  Get a natural right sided player in the mix (Danns, Halford) and we look a different proposition all together.  It is not time to perhaps use Hughes more sparingly or get rid altogether and bring in another quality attacking midfeilder.  (perhaps see what Mcveigh is like in there as he has defence and attacking brain on him)

Another right back, centre half and left back, and perhaps keep JJ from Charlton, as he has proved he is a match winner.  Suddenly things look bright, so long as Worthington takes the right action in the transfer market. 

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Etuhu certainly has age on his side. I never realised he was only 23, if he''d come through the Norwich ranks he''d still be classed as a promising youngster.Remember the last person to make a promise to get in better shape and have a better season next time? Gary Doherty, player of the season. Just saying ;)[/quote]

Point well made Alan!

I hope your right about the big man but I can''t help thinking that he is who he is. A player who will sometimes pull out a good performance but then go missing for weeks. This is afterall what he did at Preston.

Also sorry to mention NW again, but I just don''t think we have the management to get the best out of him regularly.

I hope I''m wrong becuase it would be great to see him develop into a key player. we will just have to wait and see I suppose.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Etuhu certainly has age on his side. I never realised he was only 23, if he''d come through the Norwich ranks he''d still be classed as a promising youngster.

Remember the last person to make a promise to get in better shape and have a better season next time? Gary Doherty, player of the season. Just saying ;)
[/quote]

I think like Doherty he may just have been the right signing at the wrong time.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]etuhu is a quality player, those of you that were at the leicester away game will have seen what he is capable of.[/quote]

Sorry  to be rather more pessimistic than most of you but the Leicester away game may have been a perfect example in the sense that I think most Preston fans will tell you that he played 3 or 4 really good games a season and was pretty useless the rest of the time.

So far we''ve seen something pretty similar and unless that ratio changes radically then I dont think he''s what we need - even Damien Francis turned up slightly more frequently than that.

We have seen lengthening glimpses of what he COULD become but he remains a long way short of a good player.

IF he can add perform consistently at that higher level then he will be £500k well spent; 

Come on Dickson, prove us all wrong & show us you can do it...

Some players thrive on confidence, some have such natural confidence its never an issue. (Earnshaw seems a good example - he knows what he can do and never seems to doubt it.)

Lets get behind Dickson next season and give him some encouragement. I think we''ll see a different player.

Faith in Etuhu? Sounds like a religious sect. Patron Saint of under-achieving midfielders perhaps?

I want him to be ''good'', but that applies to half of the team. Preston fans generally didn''t rate him, so on what i''ve witnessed, I''m still concerned.

Then again, with a fresh manager, who knows?