Sign in to follow this  
still holding out for new heroes

top 10 lies in football

A close run for top spot perhaps:

"It wasn''t our day but we will learn from this experience"

I wonder who says that most weeks?

after the preston away game, yet another no show

''that was one of our better performances away from home''...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Sadly ZLF it''s probably not a lie.  A slightly better no show than some of the rest.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Sadly ZLF it''s probably not a lie.  A slightly better no show than some of the rest.

[/quote]

''We have had no dealings with West Ham over Ashton'' - NCFC.

"If Chris Sutton isn''t at Carrow Road next season then I won''t be either" - Robert Chase.

To fair to Chase though he wasn''t at Carrow at the start of season - he was on holiday.

Here''s a couple for a kick-off (taken from the Pink''Un: 5 August 2005).

Worthington:  “I have got a solid squad with plenty of options for each position. [8o|]  I am really pleased with the players that have come in to join the people who are already here. They have got good experience, they know what the league is all about - and they will give us good energy levels as well which is important at this level. Overall I''m delighted with what I have got.  There are no excuses.[8o|]

[quote user="huck tastic"]

best question at press conference...at what point did Steve McLaren become your first choice?

[/quote]

Lol... I thought it was funny when Mourhinio was asked if he was worried about Man Utd catching them a few weeks ago. His reply was "Im more concerned about bird flu than I am Man Utd catching us"... Sheer comedy genius!

Something spookey going on here!

Nearly all of the lies told in world football at the moment are about Norwich City, I gather from reading this.

And to make things even wierder, this is a Norwich City message board. What chance was their of that happening?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Ashton was injured for the F.A.Cup match against West Ham, .....they must think we''re stupid[/quote]

No lie, Worthless had the scan to prove it! [;)]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Ashton was injured for the F.A.Cup match against West Ham, .....they must think we''re stupid[/quote]

Top 10 Pink''Un Messageboard Myths

1. Worthy has never been any good. Turning NCFC from an utter rabble into play-off contenders and then title winners was just luck.

2. If only we''d kept Malky we would have stayed up. He wouldn''t have been exposed by Thierry Henry.

3. Gary Holt was crap. Never did anything for NCFC. Single-handedly responsible for our relegation from the Prem. Played no part in reaching the play-off or winning the title.

4. Craig Fleming is crap. Never did anything for NCFC etc etc.

5. "I''m leaving this messageboard and never coming back"

6. Bring back Iwan. He''d be a great coach. No more of that long ball stuff to a target man with him around.

7. Craven Cottage May 05: "City ''til I die" More like, "City until next year, when I''ll support QPR"

8. If only we''d appointed George Burley. Having an ex-ipswich manager in charge would really heal divisions in the crowd.

9. "It''s all Foley''s fault really, isn''t it? He''s the coach, isn''t he? What goes on at Colney, anyway?...What''s that you say, he''s been sacked? Disgusting, just a scapegoat, he always tried to get them to play football. Probably stood up to Darth Nigel. What a hero, sad day, what price loyalty, etc etc..."

10. That Delia, just in it for the money. Bring back Chase.

[quote user="Robert in Manila"]

1. Worthy has never been any good. Turning NCFC from an utter rabble into play-off contenders and then title winners was just luck.

2. If only we''d kept Malky we would have stayed up. He wouldn''t have been exposed by Thierry Henry.

3. Gary Holt was crap. Never did anything for NCFC. Single-handedly responsible for our relegation from the Prem. Played no part in reaching the play-off or winning the title.

4. Craig Fleming is crap. Never did anything for NCFC etc etc.

5. "I''m leaving this messageboard and never coming back"

6. Bring back Iwan. He''d be a great coach. No more of that long ball stuff to a target man with him around.

7. Craven Cottage May 05: "City ''til I die" More like, "City until next year, when I''ll support QPR"

8. If only we''d appointed George Burley. Having an ex-ipswich manager in charge would really heal divisions in the crowd.

9. "It''s all Foley''s fault really, isn''t it? He''s the coach, isn''t he? What goes on at Colney, anyway?...What''s that you say, he''s been sacked? Disgusting, just a scapegoat, he always tried to get them to play football. Probably stood up to Darth Nigel. What a hero, sad day, what price loyalty, etc etc..."

10. That Delia, just in it for the money. Bring back Chase.

[/quote]

1 Ok- but last 2 seasons dreadful

2 Disagree- missed leadership on pitch and height at back and threat from set -pieces...treated despicably by worthington imo

3 Holt made a big contribution, outstanding in play-off season

4 Never seen anyone write this tbh. Excellent contribution for number of years

5 Yep!

6 Yep! But, again, would have been useful around club in some capacity

7 Er? QPR?

8 Disagree. Outstanding track record...Soton improving already...

9 Puzzling incident atm...may all become clearer

10 Not seen any calls for Chase tbh...is that in the papers over there?

in no particular order

1) If Chris Sutton is not here next season, then i wont be - Chase

2) Best fans in the world - everybody says it - not everyone is right!

3) We showed good character and work rate (Worthington)

4) I didntsee that incident - (Wenger, Ferguson et al)

5) We have a stronger squad than the year we went up (Worthington)

6) We are a listening club (Doncaster et al)

7) We never offered Big Phil the job (Barwick)

8) The missed drugs test (Rio Ferdinand)

9) Robert Green''s reason for throwing his shirt fter west ham game

10) We did enough to get something out of the game - er no, you let in too many and didnt score enough

1. Worthy is a limited manager

2. Malcky would have been no worse than Fleming, Charlton, Overweight Doherty and Shackell.  He also had leadership and organisational qualities none of these players possess

3. Gary Holt was totally out of his depth in the premiership, and I dont think we won a game he started.

4. Craig Fleming was out of his depth in the premiership, and had a poor start to this season.

5. "I''m leaving this messageboard and never coming back" - good

6. How about long ball stuff to a midget??

7. which is more supporting your club, burying your head in the sand, or trying to do something to stop your club going down the pan

8. If only we''d appointed George Burley. He is a Good manager and was Premiership manager of the year a few seasons ago.

9. Steve Scapegoat Foley

10. Chase did a decent job for a few years before lining his own pockets, Delia didnt want to let Hamilton go...