Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

Rick Waghorn

[quote user="jelltex"]I always hoped that TMITS was Rick in a guise able to say what he wanted rather than tow the company line that all was well at the road. Any one know who the man really is, I''m sure this has been covered before, but I must have missed it.[/quote]Some people think it''s Jon Day of Y''Army fanzine.

to be truthful here, Rick Waghorn wrote his citizen journalist crap whilst the club were losing all there games and selling Dean Ashton in January.  One thing Rick didnt do was commentate on what was going on in the club at the time.  Considering this was perhaps the MOST important month in our season, thats a pretty poor showing on his part.  And at that moment I lost any respect for Rick ''Manchester City Fan'' Waghorn''s writings.

Good riddance to the brown nowser, anybody who writes about the Etuhu''s and Hughes''s being the future of british football needs there head inspected

He was never a Norwich fan and never will be.

[quote user="WhistleBlowerOnBlower"]

[quote]Richard Balls also claims to "pull no punches".   That wasn''t the case after the QPR game, when he dismissed the behaviour of City fans who had cheered the QPR goals as "nuisance twigs".  (At least he didn''t sink to the level of claiming they were simply admiring good play.)  If they had been QPR fans in the home section, they would have been thrown out and banned.  Sitting on the fence was not an option.    [/quote]

Anglia Television''s pictures of QPR''s second goal celebrations clearly show Richard Balls, in his usual seat, applauding the QPR goal.

Get hold of the pictures and see for yourselves.

[/quote]

very true, they also show a stoney faced Nigel Worthinton standing up arms crossed and silent - wait a minute that could be any game -

Worthy Out in big type!!

Good riddance. I think he had a point with the citizen journalist thing but he made it very badly and generally gives the impression of not caring what his readers think. I doubt his new venture will work out but if it does it''ll be useful and if it doesn''t it''ll be amusing. Overall,  don''t think he''s a loss and I can only hope his replacement is objective and sensible