Sign in to follow this  
Foggo_on_the wing

Earnshaw and service

Earnshaw will always score goals because he has that instinct that gets him in the right place at the right time close to goal, but I''m fed up with people droning on about how Eanshaw gets no service.The reason that he gets no service is because he never gets himself in a position to be available for a pass. The reason today that we were always playing square or hitting long balls was because neither of our strikers were capable of finding space.

Wrong. He gets himself into some brilliant positions for through-balls, right on the shoulder of defenders, but we''ve got the donkey trio (Hughes, Etuhu and Robinson) in midfield. Enough said.

Is it any coincidence that the substitutions of JJ and McVeigh had a part in the goals?

Jarvis (tried hard) and Hughes (being asked to play in yet another position, part way through a game) were replaced so that we could put them both on, but they both made a bit of difference and if I recall correctly, each had a hand in two of the goals.

We cannot have it all ways. To try someone like Jarvis up front means less experience (and movement) between them and consequent lack of understanding of each others play. How many times (as Foggo says) did we play the ball sqaure or back - loads of times. The reason? The lack of movement up front (or in midfield).

The introduction of the two substitutes meant more experienced players had the opportunity to do something.   

Earnshaw also often gets caught in a offside position so he must take some balme for the lack of service although clearly a stronger Norwich midfield would benefit his game.

Earnshaw reminds me of Huckerby in that he has tremendous talent but at times can be a frustrating player.

Earnshaw has the potential to be a city legend and our record goalscorer ever. The service for Earnie has been appalling. He is 5ft 5, why play it in the air. Earnshaw does look for the ball to be played to feet.

Some guy on the phone in really slated Earnshaw, why?

Just look at his record, in my opinion, can''t be faulted.

or the fact the midfield gave the defence no option but to hoof it over earnies head. When safri is not playing we have nobody who comes short and gives doc, shax the chance to play through midfield and then to the strikers along floor

Given our whole tactical approach plays agains Earnies strengths the fact he is scoring regularly, at home anyway, shows how good he could be.

Yes with his pace he should not be offside so often, he is weka when in possession and selfish, but he does know how to finish and our whole game should be built around getting him the ball on the ground in front of goal.  But that will need a new manager to get the best out of him. 

i normally watch earnie during games and he is always moving looking for the ball. yes, it is is fault that he is offside, but a player like him needs constant (or atleast 2 or 3 good through-balls) service as the majority of time he will score.