Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Should I go today?

I finally have the chance to go to a game, however the girlfriend is round at the moment. So either I go with her, or my parents take the tickets.

Bear in mind she has never been before.. Do I therefore take her risking the fact that all the booing, petitions, the atmosphere etc will probably put her off for life? Or play it safe and let the old folks go?

It was great in the end, despite what most people seem to think. And yes I think Worthington should go (and probably will if our away form stays the same) but I could not help being well chuffed at the end of the game. Did you go TC?  

MD Perm - Yes we did go in the end, although Id like to give anyone who is reading an insight into how poisoned our atmosphere has become.

The mrs came out of the ground and admitted to me she was "Pretty scared" when the second goal went in, as people were shouting at the manager, at each other, at stewards, a fight almost broke out behind us. And Im pretty sure she wouldnt want to come again. So much for our "Friendly, family atmosphere" And yes I realize that the N+P stand was probably a little less like Nottingham city centre on a Saturday night, and I could have took her their, but even so.

Other comments she came out with include: -

"Why is everyone booing their own players"

"Are their away fans in this end", "No, why", "Well why are the norwich fans cheering when the opposition score"

“Theres a lot of angry people here” (Well spotted)

“Surely booing doesn’t help the players”

And the now legendary…

“That number 27 at the back looks so old, he looks about 50! He just runs a bit, and then gets out of breathe”

Other than that she enjoyed the game, well the last twenty minutes anyway. I spent most of the first half telling her, “Its usually better than this…”

The sad thing is a 3-2 win with three goals in the last ten minutes sounds like the most perfect, exciting game to show someone whos never been before. Unfortuanetly the reality is far from it.