Sign in to follow this  
Big Rob

Treatment of Andy Hughes today:

[quote user="Marty"]disgusting and counter productive, seems like a lot of people really are highlighting their low IQ''s at the moment, I am embarrassed by your poor etiquette and manners, shame on you. Looks like one season in the premiership has really gone to many peoples heads.[/quote] I agree!! There''s some real ignorance coming from some of our fans which isn''t good to see.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]

Disgraceful behaviour making us look like the small minded carrot-crunchers people think we are.

I''d like to see any of you who booed Hughes try and convince our young players to stay at the club. Why the hell would they want to after hearing that? 

[/quote]since we don''t use our youth players why would we want them to stay!

Its pathetic really.Never before have I seen such crap dished out to a player right from the get go. Was not given a chance by some so called supporters, likewise Etuhu and Colin. People need to remember that most of these players were brought into a side which was already struggling and playing below expectations. While I would concede that the contribution of many of the signings has been pretty errrr....inconsistent is probably the politest way to put it, they''re not miracle workers. In this day and age you can''t buy a player for half a million quid who''ll transform a side.Given a bit of patience next season I think many players who''ve been the butt of jokes on these forums will shine for us. But if the moaning gits are on their back from day one yet again it ain''t gonna happen.Just like Doherty last season, just like Holt when the guy was half dead and still busting a gut for us (almost literally!) some of the things said about our players have been out of order. Criticism is one thing and the constructive variety is a rare sight here these days, but outright personal abuse and slurs are another. Whatever happened to our reputation as a friendly, affable bunch? I reckon most away fans think we''re a bunch of whining tossers these days.

"disgusting and counter productive, seems like a lot of people really are highlighting their low IQ''s at the moment, I am embarrassed by your poor etiquette and manners, shame on you. Looks like one season in the premiership has really gone to many peoples heads."

It''s no surprise to me that the majority of those who are supporting the booing and saying it is justified are the young and inarticulate. They probably didn''t see Norwich 8 to 10 years ago and grew up on the success of the last couple of years, so one bad year and it''s too much. Problem is guys - you''d better get used to it, Worthy or no Worthy, you''re guaranteed a life of misery intersperced with a couple of great seasons supporting Norwich, not successful year after successful year. Took me a while to get used to it after growing up with Dave Stringer and Mike Walker (first time around).

However, booing Hughes is still pathetic.

i felt sorry that hughes suffered the wrath of city fans, but at some point it was obvious the the silent protest would get vocal and regretably he bore the brunt of the fans anger over city''s hoofball style of play, among other reasons.  by the end, rather than punt a long ball forward, it seemed to me he was electing to pass the ball back to the doc to dispatch up instead.  certianly, its no justification for the abuse he suffered, but he and all the players know the crowd  are looking  for pasing football on the deck, and he certainly didn''t  do himself any favours by persisting in playing long hopeful balls up, that time after time, were misplaced or went astray - at 2 nil down to qpr, this wasn''t what the crowd were looking for.  Instead, the vocal protest we all witnessed and which ''trent canary'' brilliantly and impartially reported upon through the eyes of his girlfriend -  tell us one thing.  delia''s chickens have come home to roost.  the NCISA st.andrews meeting clearly represented genuine, broadbased opposition to worthy - the club moved quickly to take control of this situation and her public statement in support of worthy effectively rendered their campaign ''dead in the water.'' delia was entitled to take this view, but imo she gambled that worthy would turn it around and unity could be restored at carra rd.  ever since the brighton match, the silent protest indicates the gamble has increasingly been lost, and on monday it all boiled over in an extremely unpleasant way for all concerned.  for me, her policy needs urgent attention and a rethink.  we deparately need unity back at carra rd and decisive leadership based upon the concensus view.