Sign in to follow this  
Big Rob

Treatment of Andy Hughes today:

First of all I would like to say that I have been far from happy with Andy Hughes'' performances this season given the amount of money spent on him and the amount of time he has spent on the pitch but I was absolutley appalled at the way he was booed everytime he received the ball in the second half and the almighty cheer when his number was put up for his substitution.

I know he takes home a lot of money for what he does and we are right to expect more but for him to be subjected to that kind of abuse from our own so called supporters made me feel sick. It is clear he doesnt have much skill but his dedication is plain to see unlike Carl Robinson who is also rubbish but does not have the commitment or the price tag.

So while I would like to see Hughes given a break and a run in the reserves to get some confidence, if he is selected again in the remaining 2 fixtures I hope the would hope he is not put through that shocking abuse he received today.

Worthy Out!

OTBC

IMO Jason Jarrett is at Preston with a view to a permanent move because he was not happy at Norwich and he knew that he had not endeared himself to the fans. In other words, the decision to move clubs came more from him than from anyone at the club.

If only Hughes would take a leaf out of his book. Unfortunately there are too many fans with a softly-softly attitude like yours and this is the reason that we will probably still suffer the likes of Worthy, Hughes and such next season.

I didn''t go to the game today. I think as a ten years+ as a season ticket holder it  is probably the first game that I have missed voluntarily. But the point that I am making is about Andy Hughes. Whilst I accept that he has not exactly been the player of the season he definately does nowhere deserve the amounnt of crap that he is getting. 1. If every player showed the amount of commitment/enthusiasm as he has consistantly done we would at least been in the play offs. 2. How much of the undeserved sh** he gets as a steriotypical worthy sighning should be directed at our previosly excellent BUT past his best manager.

Thankyou nigel you were  supberb getting us up BUT once there and since you have FU**ED it up. THANKYOU  AND GOODBYE. OTBC

And I would like to wholeheartedly endorse this post; I have NEVER seen such a lamentable display of mindless, gutteral, pig-ignorance from a Norwich City crowd in all my years of going to Carrow Road. It''s a shocking eye-opener that we harbour amongst our fan base such a number of brainless half-wits. Hughes'' performances this year HAVEN''T justified the money we spent on him, but it''s as laughable as it is pathetic the way some people have taken it upon themselves to hold this moronic vendetta against the bloke. Those who subjected Hughes to such disgusting abuse this afternoon brought nothing but shame upon the club. Is this really the level to which we have stooped ?

Change the manager - NOW !

I did not boo Hughes today. However, I sit on the front row, and after he had assisted their second goal, I told him exactly what I thought of him when he ran passed me. My words were ''Hughes you are a disgrace, you are a disgrace to that shirt you''re wearing.'' At which point he looked up at me, and then contiuned on his merry way.

I am entitled to my opinion, he has been one of the most useless players I have ever seen in a Norwich shirt. I put him on the same level of Clint Easton, along with Etuhu and Robinson. All of whom are absolute crap.

Fans are entilted to their opinions, after all, we pay their wages, why can''t we tell them what we think of them?

I think the fans were absolutely disgraceful to do what they did to him today. Yes he has not performed for us this season, but he has at least given 100% whenever he has played (unlike certain players). Maybe if the fans actually cheered him on his confidence might get better and even his performance.

Imagine how you would feel if it happened to you. I bet alot of people would never want to play for the club again but I think Hughes is a dedicated man who will keep giving 100%. He will only start performing when the fans get behind him so give the man a break. 

I have said it before and I will say it again, Andy Hughes gets the abuse because he epitonises Worthys hard work no ability mindset.

I am not happy he got abused but must admit to clapping when he was substituted, I was pissed and it just happened.  People see getting on Hughes back as getting on Worthy''s back...  He would be a valuable squad member but as a first team reguilar just plain ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.

He is all that was wrong with worthys attitude this season.....  I dunno what to think anymore, If worthy would actuially step back and realise the problems fair enough but he WONT....  I feel sorry for him and hughes but Worthy just keeps coming out with tthese lies in the press so in the end he is digging his own grave....

[quote user="Drowny123"]

Imagine how you would feel if it happened to you. I bet alot of people would never want to play for the club again but I think Hughes is a dedicated man who will keep giving 100%. He will only start performing when the fans get behind him so give the man a break. 

[/quote]

I wish he did never want to play for the club again! He won''t ever start performing because, quite simply, he is crap. He was crap at Reading, he''s been crap this season so what on Earth makes anyone think he is going to improve?

ah the 100% myth again...always used for a player who is rubbish....how exactly does hiding from the ball, and giving it away like a hot potato everytime he has it constitute giving 100% exactly...oh yes he claps....wow....and as for whever he was upset today Im sure he can wipe away the tears with his large pay cheque as he drives home in his expensive car to his country mansion....if he was actually dedicated he''d be doing extra training every day on his passing.....100% of nothing is nothing

not only is he the worst central midfielder weve ever had he''s also the worst right midfileder and right back we''ve ever had...quite a feat

I also agree with this post, yes he was awful yesterday, and yes he was responsible for their second goal, but what do we expect the booing to do, encourage him to do better?

I also think Worthy have to take the blame, for constantly playing him, where i think he would benefit from a spell in the reserves.

He also seems to play alot worse on the right side of midfield, where if worthy had signed a decent wide right player, he could play in his preferred position of centre midfield.

Even yesterday, i would have preferred to see JJ wide right, and Hughes in centre instead of Robinson.

disgusting and counter productive, seems like a lot of people really are highlighting their low IQ''s at the moment, I am embarrassed by your poor etiquette and manners, shame on you. Looks like one season in the premiership has really gone to many peoples heads.

that doesn''t justify the treatment he got and it was plain to see that it got to him.

Personally, I don''t rate him and I''ve frequently crticised him on this board, but the vile abuse he receieved in the 2nd half was appalling.

And I agree, that Robinson was worse but obviously the lobotomised lemmings sheep decided otherwise.

I was absolutely disgusted with the treatment of Hughes yesterday! While he is wearing a Norwich shirt he should expect to at least be tolerated by his own supporters. I for one don’t think he’s good enough & that’s why Reading let him go, however, he wears his heart on his sleeve & gives 100%, what more can we expect from him? Do the supporters jeering him think it will improve the lads confidence & performances by hurling abuse at him? It’s Worthy’s fault we signed him & Worthy’s fault he persists in playing him, not the fault of Hughes!!

Worthy out!

Agreed - I did not join in this;  like Holt, Flem and Eddy last season it is the manager who repeatedly sends Hughes on to the pitch despite clearly not being up to the required standard week in week out.

Aim your comments at the manager - not the player.

It is not Andy Hughes fault. The blames lays with Nigel Wothihgton. He payed Reading the money for him. He picks him every week no matter how rubbish he plays. A bit like the sit-u-a-shun we had with Holt in the prem last year. Thats why he has to go. WORTHY OUT!

A lot of you are missing the point of this post. No one is defending his performance, they are just expressing their disgust at the way somebody was treated yesterday afternoon and expressing the embarassment that that they felt at being associated with such cowardly behaviour. Worthington picks the team - not Hughes, direct criticism at him by all means, he is paid for this responsibility. Hughes is paid to play to the best of his ability if he is picked, what I saw yesterday was bullying. Any volunteers to play the hick getaway music as we chase him out of the county? 

He had a poor game, and gave the ball away sloppily a couple of times (notably for their second goal). He shows nothing in terms of invention, and his crossing was dire (although he did nearly set up a cracking own goal).

BUT, the booing of his every touch was pathetic, childish and counter-productive. He''s an honest, hard-working player, and despite everyone''s views, he has some footballing ability. I guess it''s just hard for it to shine through when you know any mistake you make will be leapt on by your own fans.

If you''ve paid your money, you''re entitled to voice your opinion, but don''t kid yourself it''s to the benefit of the club.

I cant say that I noticed this at the time but i read a report that Andy Hughes put the cross in for our first goal yesterday?

i have never booed anyone.. i will however lambast a player if he fails to pull his weight, goes walkies, or just generally acts a pleb...

I thought Hughes was better than Both Robinson and Etuhu yesterday....

I think arl Robinson is one of the worst players i have ever seen in a Norwich shirt yet he doesnt get ripped to shreds like Andy hughes...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i have never booed anyone.. i will however lambast a player if he fails to pull his weight, goes walkies, or just generally acts a pleb...

I thought Hughes was better than Both Robinson and Etuhu yesterday....

I think arl Robinson is one of the worst players i have ever seen in a Norwich shirt yet he doesnt get ripped to shreds like Andy hughes...

jas :)

[/quote]

I cant say that I think much of any of them either but I would certainly say that Robinson is the worst of the 3 of them. I dont like the way he always looks to pass off the blame to someone else for his own mistakes... I noticed he even lambasted poor Spillane yesterday for his only misplaced pass of the game which was very low.

Been very annoyed with Etuhu but I am not giving up hope on him just yet. Was delighted when we signed him as I have seen him play very well for Preston. I think there will be more from him.

"brainless half-wits."

Those would be the ones who continue to meekly accept the dross that Worthington and HIS team are serving up.  

Its not just Hughes is it? Its most of them! He may be player of the year next season!!!!!!!! Stranger things have happened!

Nick Jarvis for Manager (Warbury are going up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I was uncomfortable with the treatment of Hughes, I much preferred the sarcastic "Ole''s!" when we strung a few passes together. It is unfortunate, that Andy is taking the brunt of the ill-feeling that is emitting from the stands at Carrow Road. At the end of the day, Nigel purchased Andy for a substantial fee, and continually selects him to play- which Andy does to the best of his ability.

Who is the criminal in this sit-u-a-shun? It certainly isn''t Andy Hughes! "Knoworrameen?"